Are You Captain Material?

I feel like I'm getting closer

At least I hope so

If we are discussing what I believe all our great Captains have had in common in one word it would be Commitment.

In each event I have followed, the Captains I remember all had that aspect in spades.

Commitment to their team’s enjoyment, interaction to each other, to bring an experience to each that lasts forever.

Commitment to the forum, to bring the THP community along for the ride, to learn what they don’t know and to express that back to all.

Commitment to the company sponsor, to giving totally honest opinions, to the competition.

Most of all, Commitment to the past and eventually future participants. To honor those that have laid the path by making sure the event continues for others. You always feel how much joy and pride the past Captains express once they find the event will continue toward a future team. It’s the smiles of those that played prior, during their tenor, and those that jump to enter the upcoming that truly has made some of the greatest Captains I have seen on THP.

That is what I believe makes a true Captain for THP.
This is a great answer!

I love this thread. I keep lurking on it while thinking about my response.

Honest question, do you like it when THP Staffers are the captain or forum members?

I need to chill on my Disney+ action.. I keep reading this thread as "Are you Captain Marvel"
I really don't understand how that could happen...
Screenshot_20211110-182037.jpg
But I would join forces...
Screenshot_20211110-183133_Google.jpg

Honest question, do you like it when THP Staffers are the captain or forum members?
I mean, staffers are forum members. It's not like they are involved in the process of picking or anything.
I say a good captain is a good captain.
I do like to see staffers in the experiences though. I think they deserve it as much - if not more than the rest of us. Seems like it can be a thankless job sometimes.

Boy do I sound like a kiss ass

As long as the captain is around, active, and has their sh!t together, it doesn't matter to me. I love seeing different captains come into play because I feel like it, for lack of a better phrase, creates a star.

I mean, staffers are forum members. It's not like they are involved in the process of picking or anything.
I say a good captain is a good captain.
I do like to see staffers in the experiences though. I think they deserve it as much - if not more than the rest of us. Seems like it can be a thankless job sometimes.

Boy do I sound like a kiss ass

This is an intriguing question. It's been quite a while since a Staffer has been a captain of something, outside of @jdtox winning like a billion Morgan Cups in a row.

This is an intriguing question. It's been quite a while since a Staffer has been a captain of something, outside of @jdtox winning like a billion Morgan Cups in a row.
He has quite the string going.

Been thinking about my response to this since the thread came out. I remember last year when this question was asked and I answered no. I did that because I hadn’t followed a lot of events super close. Always had to catch up. And I still hadn’t had a chance to be in an event so I didn’t know what really went in to it.

Well I’ve tried my absolute hardest to follow every event live and participate and let participants know that I was rooting them on. Tried to participate in the banter, helped post scores, gif’d my heart out and had an absolutely fantastic time. I’ve seen a bit of what kind of engagement it takes to make an event special.

I’ve also had the benefit of two absolutely incredible people in our Captain and Ass Cap for the Grandaddy. They are everything you could want and I’d hope to emulate them while also building on it and put my own spin on it.

That’s a lot of words to say, I think I could be a captain. I don’t think I should have that opportunity yet since I have my own event to go to first. But I do believe I could do it and do it well at some point in the future!

If you were the captain, could your team refer to you as CapDan?
I don’t know why I laughed so hard at this, but I definitely did! It just flows so easily though eh?! CapDan!

Nicely done @lukemartin93

I actually enjoy it when staff members are participants and captains. I think they bring a really unique point of view to things, and it’s clear that there’s some personal commitment!!

Right now? No. I’m about to flop dead from work. I hardly get on here, let alone actually golf.

Non-Pandemic? Yes. If I sign up for something I’m committing to it.

Yes to both. I think either could be fun to be behind, no doubt. The staff here is great and that would be fun and the forum members are amazing and that would be fun.

To me it really doesn't matter who's the captain. I enjoy seeing the teams gel and the run-up to the event. I believe whoever is selected will put on a great show as there are many many past captains to learn from as well as the rest of the forum to help ensure it's a great time for all involved.

I think I could be Captain Material. I really enjoy THP and the community we have here, and do my best to stay involved and promote good discussion and encouragement. All of the unique personalities we have here are what make each persons contributions to our forum special, and everyone has something to add. I love seeing how each THP Experience develops, and the stories behind each player and what makes them tick. It would be a blast to serve as Captain with a bunch of guys who are lucky enough to be in something as special as the Morgan Cup.

I'm ahead of the game, my mostly Puma wardrobe serves double duty both at golf and at work. I also really enjoy the approach the CPG brings to R&D and their gear... they are not afraid to explore new tech and push boundaries, and it shows with MIM, 3D Printing, Infinity Face, Arccos partnership, and more.

I won't be shy - the record shows it is a huge challenge at this point to take down Team Paradise, @jdtox & @LittleRat. I like challenges and would love to help @Master Yagley bring the Morgan Cup back to Team Hackers.

I did it again.

It’s been a blast reading through these!!!

Back