Votes: 41 38.7%
  • I play Left-handed & I'm Left-Eye Dominant

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • I play Right-handed & I'm Left-Eye Dominant

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • I play Left-handed & I'm Right-Eye Dominant

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters
I'm right handed and left eye dominate. In almost all sports I'm right handed except racket type sports (ping pong, tennis, racketball) which I am completely left handed. I also eat with my left hand.

L/L but golf R

a) What your handicap is - 15
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball? Yes for both
c) Did you play any other sports? basketball, soccer

I play left handed but am right eye dominant.

a) What your handicap is: currently 7.4
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball?: Both high school and college for 4 yrs
c) Did you play any other sports? Football through high school

I don't think I have a dominant eye because there are always two holes. I can line one up for my right eye and the other for my left eye.

right handed and play right handed.

a. handicap was around 9 when I played everyday, don't play enough to keep one now.

b. stopped playing baseball in elementary school, wish I had kept playing though.

c. soccer, basketball, swimming, football, but after junior high only golf. also hunting and fishing if that counts.

Cross: - Rt Hand, Left Eye
a) 14-18
b) no
c) football, basketball

Right/Right
HS varsity baseball and basketball
soccer, swimming; HS football

Right handed, right eye dominant.

a) What your handicap is, 4.8 ghin
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball? No
c) Did you play any other sports? Football, Tennis, Basketball, threw the javelin in track. Since high school, golf, bowling, full contact karate, several years of modified fast pitch softball.

Right eye dominant, play golf right handed.
Handicap of roughly 35.
No high school/college baseball.
High school wrestling, collegiate rugby.
Write, throw, raquet sports left handed. Bat either side, archery right handed, firearms either hand, but primarily right.

Left handed and left eye dominant but play golf right-handed (was taught to hit righty at baseball but throw southpaw).

Didn't play high school or college baseball but did track and cross-country both levels.

High handicap, only been playing 1.5 years.

I'm right handed and left eye dominant

a) What your handicap is; 11.6

b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball?
Played AAA baseball and won Nationals- played shortstop and second
Still Play slowpitch but that really isn't a sport

c) Did you play any other sports?
Hockey- got to Provincial finals once
Still play around 40 games a year

basketball- won Provincials 3 years in a row

Volleyball- we were really good, but always faced the top team first round of Provincials
Still in a fun Volleyball league

Badminton- won silver medal in Provincials in Men's singles

Track- High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump

Curling- always lost, lol

A) HDCP - 1.7
B) Didn't play HS Baseball. Only Little League
C) Played hockey

Play lefty, left eye dominant.

a) What your handicap is: 5.1
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball? Little league from ages 5-12
c) Did you play any other sports? Basketball

Lefty, right eye dominant...decent baseball player....I believe it helps me in putting my right eye is right over the ball...i can roll it pretty good sometimes

Right-handed and left-eye dominant....left-foot dominant
a) What your handicap is, currently 5.5 gain
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball? only little league
c) Did you play any other sports? football, softball, soccer

I golf right handed and I'm right eye dominant.

a) What your handicap is: 8.8
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball?: HS Varsity Baseball
c) Did you play any other sports? Many years of fast and slow pitch softball.

Why is it everytime I see this thread title I'm thinking the question is are you Caitlyn Jenner and do you like to tie people up? :shock:

So what does it mean when there is no difference with either eye? It stays right in the same place

I am right handed and right eye dominant.
I am currently an 11 handicap at age 69. Used to be a 7 before aches and pains and age took over.
I played high school baseball and semi-pro baseball and was a switch hitter.
Never really played any other sports...just never had the time.
Interestingly enough...during most of my youth, playing baseball, I was almost blind in my left eye (20/450) but still had better than 400 batting average in high school.

Right Handed/Right Eye Dominant
a) HDCP - 4.1
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball? - Golf
c) Did you play any other sports? - Nope

Wow! Hard to believe that us left-eye dominant right-handers are in the majority!

I'm hoping for some insight from my fellow THPers!

My 7th grade son has to do a science project that investigates some urban legend/"common knowledge". I once heard that about 10% of the general US population is cross-dominant (right-handed & left-eye dominant, or left-handed & right-eye dominant), but that it was about 30% in major league baseball players. This is presumably because being a cross-dominant batter puts your lead eye facing the pitcher, and therefore it should be easier to see pitches coming.

I was thinking that being cross-dominant might also be an advantage for golfers.

Here is how you test yourself to see which eye is dominant:

To find your dominant eye:
1) Hold a piece of cardboard or paper (that has a small hole in it) at arm’s length and look through the hole at an object across the room. (You can also make a small "hole" using the space between your thumb & forefinger of both hands).
2) a) Don’t move the cardboard. Cover/Close your Left eye (leave your Right eye open): If the object “vanished,” you are left-eye dominant.
b) Cover/Close your Right eye (leave your Left eye open): If the object “vanished,” you are Right-eye dominant.

If you could also post:
a) What your handicap is,
b) Did you play varsity High school/college baseball?
c) Did you play any other sports?

Thanks guys!
Left eye dominant, right handed...
Handicap was 2.3 when I quit playing 3 years ago (hip issues forced the quit). I was very good at baseball (once pitched a no-hitter as a 14 yr old), and very good hands and at punting in football, but woefully slow afoot. Well, there's no running in golf, so that was my sport.

Back