Are You Just a Guest Thinking About Joining THP?

I originally posted the below comments in the Happy Thread, but I keep seeing anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000 guests on this forum during the day, and I want to give them some added motivation! Come on all you guests out there, don't wait one more day, join this community!! You will be glad you did! I will gladly welcome you, like I've been welcomed here!

Today marks one year since I decided to join the THP forum. Looking for new irons last year has lead me to so much more than I could have ever imagined.

- I joined because of the Albatross Club, and what Pediatric Cancer means to me. The support of St. Jude by this community speaks volumes to the character you all possess.
- I learned what the forum is all about following the Morgan Cup at Haig Point shortly after joining. The comradery I saw during that event, between guys who were meeting in person for the first time, was something I will never forget. I was wondering how strangers could be so close, but now I get it!
- I've learned that Grandaddy is not another name for Grandpa, it's something that a year ago, I wouldn't have thought any average Joe actually got to do. Now I've read through 2 years of 200+ pages describing an experience that is almost indescribable!
- I've gotten to test out new equipment from manufacturers I would have never really looked at before.
- I've have conversations with executives of large golf equipment companies here on the forum, discussing details about their R&D process, or future plans, etc, etc. The access we have to these companies is amazing!
- I've followed along with people playing courses that a year ago I would only have dreamed about playing, but the opportunity is there for me, and for us all!
- My golf passion has taken a giant leap forward!
- But most of all, I get to engage with fantastic people, talk about life, golf, and everything in between. Seriously, and I don't say this lightly, but there are so many fantastic people, from all over the world, that I've had the pleasure of talking with. Thank you all!

So if you're reading this, wondering whether or not you should join THP, don't wait another day! Just do it, you won't be disappointed. This past year here has been amazing, and I can't wait to see what my 2nd year brings to those of us that love THP!

This about sums it up. Almost everyone I've met here has been 100% awesome! Can't wait to meet more great THPers!

@Grins it's always nice to find locals... What courses you like to play in NEO?

Hamfist & I were talking about getting out & trying to put together a mini NE Ohio outing since we seem to have picked up a lot of new THPers in the area. I'll play anywhere, really. Partial to Sleepy Hollow

This place has the greatest bunch of people I've ever been associated with, and I haven't even covered the part about learning about the game of golf. We even talk about it once in awhile. ;)

Hamfist & I were talking about getting out & trying to put together a mini NE Ohio outing since we seem to have picked up a lot of new THPers in the area. I'll play anywhere, really. Partial to Sleepy Hollow
My dude! That's where I play all the time! When weather breaks definitely need to tee it up.

Also @PKorf and some of the forum vets here organized an unofficial THP Ohio event last year. I talked to him earlier and said we could arrange a similar non official event. I know @Nerdy_81 is in and @cbaker2882 would probably join....@Smiter @dupaloop3611 @mikedean441

Don’t want to derail this thread so I’ll take it to the OH thread but yeah we will definitely have to do this.

And to any non-members lurking, this is what made THP so cool for me.

I originally came for putter reviews but joined because of how welcoming so many members were. They encouraged me to post and share my thoughts.

Then some locals invited me to an outing. As someone who loved golf but had non-golfing friends, this was huge.

It’s been a blast so far. And if you’re new to the game, don’t worry about fitting in. I’m usually the highest handicap player in the outings and there have been a whole range of ages and abilities teeing it up. It’s always fun.

Get out there and THP with friends!

Bump for the 2,000 Friday lurkers on here today!

I'm a newb too and really digging this place but help me someone; I've been searching for info on the Albatross Club and I can't find where to join.

Can someone point me there?

I'm a newb too and really digging this place but help me someone; I've been searching for info on the Albatross Club and I can't find where to join.

Here ya go

Welcome! And I encourage you to join the Albatross club. Goes to a great charity in St. Jude, and opens you up to a lot of great opportunities here at THP!

I have recommended this forum and site to virtually everyone I know and play golf with.

If you are a guest and just looking to read reviews or ask questions about golf, than this is the place for you. If you want a chance at winning once in a lifetime trips for a golf experience that could never happen otherwise, than this is the place for you. If you want to get lucky and be selected to review golf items, than post back here your thoughts this is the place for you.

But mostly, if you just want to talk about golf with some of the nicest, most informed, willing to help promote the game of golf, amazingly generous group of people I have ever seen and met, than this is the place for you.

Join in, post away. You be wishing you joined years ago. Welcome aboard.

My dude! That's where I play all the time! When weather breaks definitely need to tee it up.

Also @PKorf and some of the forum vets here organized an unofficial THP Ohio event last year. I talked to him earlier and said we could arrange a similar non official event. I know @Nerdy_81 is in and @cbaker2882 would probably join....@Smiter @dupaloop3611 @mikedean441

would like to do this again!

would like to do this again!
If it makes it last way down to cbus I would be in and that's a nice central location

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back