Are You Nervous About Buying Golf Equipment Manufactured in China?

Not really concerned... if I was, then it would be something like a quarantine of 2-3 weeks for boxes and packages

I’d be more concerned with packages I receive domestically than anything coming from China at this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the virus only survive 24 hours on cardboard and like 2 hours on non-porous surfaces? That would negate any shipment simply because of the time factor.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the virus only survive 24 hours on cardboard and like 2 hours on non-porous surfaces? That would negate any shipment simply because of the time factor.
I think its 3 days on plastic. We do tech support for various clients and we now have to hold those devices for 3 days to mitigate risk since we get stuff shipped in from all over the world. Also, by the time goods ship from China and spend how many days on a ship, then sitting on the dock in Long Beach or wherever, then to the shelf or your home whatever is there is long gone.

I think its 3 days on plastic. We do tech support for various clients and we now have to hold those devices for 3 days to mitigate risk since we get stuff shipped in from all over the world. Also, by the time goods ship from China and spend how many days on a ship, then sitting on the dock in Long Beach or wherever, then to the shelf or your home whatever is there is long gone.
Thanks for the clarification!

No.

Wouldn’t even cross my mind. Would be more concerned about how many hands have touched it along the way. I just always wash my hands after unboxing anything.

Would I rather buy US than Chinese manufactured goods? Absolutely. Is this because of the coronavirus? No.

Dave

No concerns here.

No, I don’t believe that the time it will live on the package is a real concern (unless it is coming from the last mile driver). The 14 days is in laboratory conditions and a shipment from China would be exposed to some real harsh conditions along the way.
Most of my packages get wiped down or set aside for a few days right now - nothing urgent that can’t wait.

Nope because COVID is everywhere now. Youre just as likely now to get it from something made in the US as you are something from China. As much as some seem intent on using the COVID outbreak as a way to push an anti-China agenda, its really somewhat ridicules if you think about it.

Zero concerns at all over this

No worries here, nor my wife since we still seem to get those internet clothing pieces she buys daily. I should buy stock in lularoe or what ever they are called now.

No concerns with me. Anything I've bought recently sits in my basement for a week before I touch it. And I wipe it all down/wash hands after touching anything.

There was a good article on this but of course I can't find it now. Basically it said that even on paper the virus can't live for much more than a week which I'm guessing is longer than it takes a product to leave mainland China and arrive at your door. Also, people are overestimating how contagious it is. Even if you're living with someone who has COVID-19, it said other members of the household only have roughly a 10% chance of catching it which IIRC is about what it is for flu. Short answer is that some person coughing on your package half way around the world is the least of your concerns.

Last edited:
No, I’m glad my company started to divest
Nope no concerns at all.

I share the sentiment.

My company has already moved a good portion of manufacturing out of China to other countries due to the Tariff issues last year. We're positioned pretty well, however in a global pandemic, I don't think anyone won't have supply chain issues.

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in the slightest, my only concern is am I going to be able to afford it going forwards, so any of my purchases (not even golf related) have been put on hold a while.

I'd be more concerned about all the people handling it during shipping/delivery than the origin point.

They found it alive and well on a cruise ship, 17 days later.

Now all mail gets sanitized outside .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm not worried.. It can only last so long on surfaces and the shipping time is typically long. I would open, throw out packaging, wipe down the clubs, then wash my hands and continue with my life.

Back