Are you ok with getting paired with others right now?

I'm walking, and watching when I do finally play.

I am walk/jogging now 4 mi a day to get off the Covid lbs, so I find myself in the street or crossing the street to avoid bikes and otherr peeps. Same on course - will avoid getting close

One of our local courses got shut down for a few days because of so many singles/walk-ons showing up. With tee times booked in advance a course can limit the number of people hanging around, especially if they provide guidelines relative to how close to your tee time you should show up. The course that got shut down had so many singles show up and waiting to get paired up that social distancing went out the window. The area around check-in, the range, the practice green were all areas cited for failing to meet the City/County guidelines.

Yeah, I don't mind at all as long as no one is getting up in my grill.

I am in PA so all courses are currently closed. I would be fine going out tomorrow and playing with a random group; however, Dr. Wife would likely not approve therefore I would only be golfing me, myself, and I. She also shot down my plans of a weekend golf trip to Delaware. And I’m ok with that.

As long as the person is following the guidelines I think I'd be alright with it.

My opinion on this is pretty harsh, but here it is.

I have no problem being paired with others right now. The physical distancing requirements are easy to keep, and if anyone gets uncomfortably close it's easy to give them a quick "wtf dude?!"

I'd suggest that if you demand absolute isolation you should probably not be leaving the house to play a 100% non-essential recreational activity like golf. I think any 2some or 3some that refuses to be paired up should just buy all 4 spots.

I have no problem being paired with others right now. The physical distancing requirements are easy to keep, and if anyone gets uncomfortably close it's easy to give them a quick "wtf dude?!"

I'd suggest that if you demand absolute isolation you should probably not be leaving the house to play a 100% non-essential recreational activity like golf. I think any 2some or 3some that refuses to be paired up should just buy all 4 spots.
Doesn't seem harsh to me. From what I can tell with how busy it's been here (where they never closed) showing up to get on or playing as a single is pretty much done for the foreseeable future. There's too much demand right now.

I am as long as they maintain their distance. There should be no issue maintaining 6-10 feet of distance on a golf course.

Sounds completely reasonable to me.

I’d be ok pairing up where I live so long as there’s an understanding of distancing. I would not share a cart - I’m walking only. But that’s no change for me.

Interesting thoughts. But I personally enjoy solo rounds and I wouldn't want to pay for 4 spots.

No problem with it as long they keep their distance & we are walking. If riding a cart, then no.

I play with others/strangers every time I go out, I've no issue with it.

Interesting thoughts. But I personally enjoy solo rounds and I wouldn't want to pay for 4 spots.
I mean there's nothing wrong with playing solo if there's no other demand at the course.
But I don't think you can expect the course to let you out by yourself if there are other golfers that want to play that same time as well.

I can understand certain areas wont work, as well as certain courses. Some were just not designed to be able to walk.

I walked (push cart) in phx area on Friday when it was only in mid 90s. I usually carry but with the amount of water you have to bring with you the bag gets heavy. My league is asking more and more people to walk as carts are a premium. Courses are saying both bags can be on cart and you only have to walk. I am going to keep trying to walk in the summer but you have to know the course and your fitness level.

I mean there's nothing wrong with playing solo if there's no other demand at the course.
But I don't think you can expect the course to let you out by yourself if there are other golfers that want to play that same time as well.
Personally I think you should be able to request to play as a twosome. I wouldn't mind having to be paired up with one other person but I get what you are saying too.

I usually play with random folks, no worries as everyone around here is pretty careful and our Covid case numbers are low

Since I recently joined a club, I am the single looking to get on the course and expect to get paired up with others.

Im fine getting paired with randoms. There just wont be any handshakes at the end of the round. I played last Friday and got paired with these 3 old guys. They were fun. I got to listen to them whine about how all this COVID stuff is nonsense and the government trying to control everyones' lives and how they lived through the '70s, so theyre immune.
At the end of the round, instead of handshakes they were like, "gimmie some elbow!" It was a riot. :LOL:

I very rarely ever play with randos, 'rona or not.

Luckily our course isn't pairing people up and singles are allowed times. Thinking about it though, if that was my only option to golf, I would be paired up and just keep my distance as I do even with my regular playing partners

If I knew the person, probably. Strangers...no! Mainly because my wife is pregnant, we have a 3 year old daughter, and I do not want to take a huge risk right now.

It isn't a problem right now as the courses I'm playing aren't pairing people as a safety precaution

Just so I understand, some courses are just letting singles go out? What is that 6 golfers an hour?

I would rather not at this moment in time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It isn't a problem right now as the courses I'm playing aren't pairing people as a safety precaution
I know courses are probably starving for money but in the interest of safety I think this is how it should be. If you book a tee time thats yours for 1-4 golfers, end of story.

Back