I'm not even 30.... I shouldn't know what these things are. But a lot of those still were things in the 90s.

darn Woolco wouldn't take my Mastercharge, and the cashier didn't know how to use the chik-chik instead of the boop-boop

My thoughts exactly!

Yep, I was born in '57, I can drive a stick, write in Cursive and actually do math in my head. But dang i still feb like i can play ball with the younguns

Yeah at first I was thinking parking brake, but remembered those were in the middle next to console.
That's kind of a modern thing... the older parking brake levers I've seen were either to the left of the brake pedal or in early imported Japanese cars under the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel. Those were a T handle.

Picture 2 is what used to be cabinets filled with pay phones.

im definitely not old... 33 although i got the record player button, silly putty and a few others - maybe im old?

never saw the beer tabs, but the rest made sense...

What were in these boxes? Payphones?

1607033222120.png

hahaha I remember the dangers of the last photo with even the tiniest bit of underage consumption :ROFLMAO:
My friends have one, and you nee
3. record turntable speeds
4. the old fashioned credit card reader used by businesses

Yes, I'm old.
That's what I was thinking about #4, something to do with a credit card

Ahh the ViewMaster.....I didn't know all of them, but I told @LLIB at the course last weekend we were old because our favorite songs as youngin's were playing on the classic rock channel :p

I know EVERY SINGLE ONE! I guess that makes me old!! The button on the floor, for high the beams, was great!! Didn't even have to think about it. Just step on it and they went off. HAHA!!

Well my user name could tell you that I know them all. Just a bit of added info on the record player speed adjuster (45 / 33 / 16, RPM), 16 was a short term speed from the late 50s early 60s that didn't really catch on, 33, actually 33 1/3, was the speed for albums, 45 was the speed for singles, which were known as 45s, and the original which mostly predated even me, was 78

Like half of them.. I'm coming up on the wrong side of my 30s

10/10. I'm a fairly old 53.

Confirms what I feel each day going to workout and after in gym at 63 —old and rapidly getting older!

I actually miss the floor high beam switch sometimes. Driving so much in the mountains and foothills, on windy two lane roads, the foot switch allowed you to switch the high beams for oncoming traffic without taking your hands from the steering wheel.

Tomorrow I'll be 55, based on the pictures, I'm 100% old

did that radio really have favorites? I doubt it based on the funtions and tuning, but have to ask.

I actually miss the floor high beam switch sometimes. Driving so much in the mountains and foothills, on windy two lane roads, the foot switch allowed you to switch the high beams for oncoming traffic without taking your hands from the steering wheel.
Newer cars have automatic high beams that turn themselves on and shut off as cars approach.

did that radio really have favorites? I doubt it based on the funtions and tuning, but have to ask.
Yeah, you would set the dial to the station you wanted to "save", pull out one of the knobs below the "display", then push it all the way back in. Once set, just push the knob in to change to the "saved" station.

Newer cars have automatic high beams that turn themselves on and shut off as cars approach.
Another decision I don't want the vehicle I'm driving to make, see I am old!

Another decision I don't want the vehicle I'm driving to make, see I am old!
It works perfectly on my truck. you don’t have to think about it

Old but I already had my suspicions

Dammit! Get off my lawn!

Vivid memories of all of these things! I am offically old!!!

Back