I am officially old!

I know I am getting old, but that just makes me feel old.

If you know these guys, then you qualify as old.

9/10 not sure about the first one. I don't feel old but 75 sure sounds old!

scored 100% on the test. what do I get?
AARP membership

I know them all. At 47 sometimes feel old, sometimes don't. Don't really think I am but pretty sure my kids do.

9/10 puts me in the elderly or educated camp. Yeah, I'm not that smart either so old guy it is.

Didn't recognize #2, the boxes.

I know them all, and I've used them all.

I remember showing people how to program a radio station on that car radio

10/10 and busted my head wide open on the last one :oops:

Yeah at first I was thinking parking brake, but remembered those were in the middle next to console.
Back then most parking brakes were set with a foot pedal

I know them all. My body tells me I am old every morning when I get out of bed.

Having just had a birthday, this also confirms I’m old!:oops:

Local radio guy read a report the other day (actually on the radio, not a podcast) and said the average age people report first feeling old is 47. Well, this guy crossed that bridge a few months ago and I certainly agree. It was just a few months before that I pulled a hamstring and really felt like things weren't the same anymore. I'm a couple years past a knee scope and while I try to stay functionally active, golf in the retirement years would be ideal, man it seems like Chris Ledoux song just keeps getting truer by the day. "Much too young to feel this damn old..."

Received a post card in the mail the other day from the local hospital. It had a picture of a record being played and read "Remember playing 45s on your record player?" On the reverse side it said, "Then it may be time to schedule a colonoscopy..." Good grief...

Here's another one... remember the line from Lethal Weapon? "I'm gettin' too old for this ...shtuff?" Yeah, Danny Glover was only 41 then...

too close to 50 but don't consider myself old...i miss jacks and lawn darts (btw, anyone know the stats on these and hospital visits?)

I’ll classify my self as older. I knew them all. Soon to be 58. That golden ticket would make for a nice birthday present.

Darn it.. I know all of them and am 40.. I guess I am finally old. Does it come with any benefits? Can I randomly yell at the neighborhood kids and start taking early afternoon naps? 🤣

It’s one thing to know what those things in the original post are, but were they a normal part of your every day life? I saw a hilarious video where they asked a couple of younger people to try to make a call on a rotary phone. It was like asking me how many artists I could identify at this year’s Grammy awards. (we both failed)

No idea what number 2 is all about. The rest I recognize. I guess if I was really old, I’d have bought a record that had to be played at 16rpm. All mine were 33 and 45. 33 for albums, 45 for singles.

Dec 4 1974. Yes that makes me old. And if you didn't recognize the speed switch on the vinyl record player you're probably not going to recognize this:

index.jpg

Hint: it was commonplace back when televisions where considered furniture. They came in wooden cabinets with legs that elevated them off the floor.

Yes, the high beam button on the floor was convenient, until the time when the rock salt finally corroded the switch to a point where it won't turn the high beams off.

I think I was 9 or 10 years old, we were driving at night on the highway, Dad managed to get the high beams on, but then couldn't get them off. Drove for hours with everybody flashing us until we could get a garage to disconnect it the next morning.

recognize? yeah, all of them. i don't know how this makes you old, though. *shrug*

actually used or experienced? about half.

It’s one thing to know what those things in the original post are, but were they a normal part of your every day life? I saw a hilarious video where they asked a couple of younger people to try to make a call on a rotary phone. It was like asking me how many artists I could identify at this year’s Grammy awards. (we both failed)
Every one of them. And that record player couldn't have been that old because it only had 16, 33 and 45 RPM - no 78 RPM! :LOL:

I'd fail at identifying the artists at this year's Grammys too, don't feel bad. I might at least hit close to 50% at the Country Music Awards, though.

Now if you are really old you would have done a double take on the high beam switch to be sure it was left of the peddles and not right, then it would have been a starter switch.

My body says Yes, but my brain says I'm still 25.

Back