Are you ready and/or willing to get on an airplane?

Are you ready/willing to fly again?

• Of course, why wouldn't I get on an airplane?

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Yes, as long as I have an empty seat next to me and a mask

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Maybe, but I'm going to wait a while longer

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Probably won't fly for the remainder of the year

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters
I work in a grocery store and have been around people non stop since all this started. Flying won't bother me, have a flight booked in July.

Except that new reports being published for peer review are showing children are not spreaders and asymptomatic carriers shed far less than previously believed.
Untrue.

And please don't call people selfish for having to go out and move around to earn a living.

You choosing not to and huddle up inside is fantastic for your own choices, others might not have that luxury and wanting people to be able to provide for their families and not be one of the near 50 million unemployed doesn't seem all that selfish.

So just chalk it up to the supernatural. That's not really a responsible strategy to make sure others at risk don't catch it.
You can believe what you like & do as you feel is safe, the same way I can. That is why we live in America. I'm going to step away from this conversation as this is a golf forum & that is why I'm here.

Airports are anything but busy at the moment. I’m currently sat in one (at work) and I feel like Tom Hanks in the film Terminal. I would also take my chances in an airport than just about any other public building. They are getting regularly cleaned, and sprayed. No such thing as a 100% risk free area at the moment, but airports, certainly in the US, are doing a good job of keeping the risk down as low as possible.

Untrue.

Really? expand your search terms.

You can believe what you like & do as you feel is safe, the same way I can. That is why we live in America. I'm going to step away from this conversation as this is a golf forum & that is why I'm here.
Yes, and I can be responsible in what I do to not harm others, and you can be reckless and cause illness to someone else and just say oh well, that’s what God wanted.

And please don't call people selfish for having to go out and move around to earn a living.

You choosing not to and huddle up inside is fantastic for your own choices, others might not have that luxury and wanting people to be able to provide for their families and not be one of the near 50 million unemployed doesn't seem all that selfish.
I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t work or do whatever necessities are required. I’m referring to the person deciding to fly for leisure.

I'd wait if I could, but if I want to get back to work I'll be traveling in close quarters by August.
And I don't have much choice but to get back to work when possible.

Really? expand your search terms.

A one person study?

5 days ago from UC Davis Health:

COVID-19 FAQs for health professionals
Updated May 22, 2020

The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic involves information that is continually evolving and being updated as public health officials and scientists collect more data and develop an understanding of the virus. Health professionals should check this page and other respected websites for the latest information.
What do we know about how COVID-19 is spread?
The most current evidence shows the virus transmits easily between people, most often through droplets generated by coughs and sneezes. Part of the idea of social distancing is that droplets can generally carry for only 5 to 6 feet. If you’re farther than that, your chances of getting the virus are generally lower.
COVID-19 may also be spread by people who are not showing symptoms (i.e., “asymptomatic”). According to the CDC, 35% of all people with COVID-19 are asymptomatic. However, those individuals are still as infectious as people with symptoms.
The disease might be transmitted when people touch a contaminated surface or object and then touch their face, nose or mouth or eyes. However, this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. Current data and information also suggest that the risk of COVID-19 spreading from pets to people is low as well.
No matter the risk of transmission, rigorous hand hygiene and optimal cleaning practices at home and in public settings helps guard against the transmission of COVID-19.
Can COVID-19 be spread by asymptomatic exposure?
Based on the evidence from China, asymptomatic transmission may occur and has contributed to a limited amount of transmission of COVID-19 infections. People can shed the virus before they have symptoms, but this is generally less than individuals with symptoms. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “the potential for pre-symptomatic transmission underscores the importance of social distancing, including the avoidance of congregate settings, to reduce COVID-19 spread.”

A one person study?

Updated May 22, 2020

The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic involves information that is continually evolving and being updated as public health officials and scientists collect more data and develop an understanding of the virus. Health professionals should check this page and other respected websites for the latest information.
The most current evidence shows the virus transmits easily between people, most often through droplets generated by coughs and sneezes. Part of the idea of social distancing is that droplets can generally carry for only 5 to 6 feet. If you’re farther than that, your chances of getting the virus are generally lower.
COVID-19 may also be spread by people who are not showing symptoms (i.e., “asymptomatic”). According to the CDC, 35% of all people with COVID-19 are asymptomatic. However, those individuals are still as infectious as people with symptoms.
The disease might be transmitted when people touch a contaminated surface or object and then touch their face, nose or mouth or eyes. However, this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. Current data and information also suggest that the risk of COVID-19 spreading from pets to people is low as well.
No matter the risk of transmission, rigorous hand hygiene and optimal cleaning practices at home and in public settings helps guard against the transmission of COVID-19.
Based on the evidence from China, asymptomatic transmission may occur and has contributed to a limited amount of transmission of COVID-19 infections. People can shed the virus before they have symptoms, but this is generally less than individuals with symptoms. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “the potential for pre-symptomatic transmission underscores the importance of social distancing, including the avoidance of congregate settings, to reduce COVID-19 spread.”

A one person study?

Updated May 22, 2020

Oh and FYI your "News Alert" states that 35% of all carriers are asymptomatic. Number might actually be between 42 and 81%. Here another STUDY posted for peer review.

I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t work or do whatever necessities are required. I’m referring to the person deciding to fly for leisure.

Someone’s leisure is supporting another persons income - they aren’t independent of each other

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who is talking about just children?

Thank for joining in the convo about flying, but in order to prevent this thread from spiraling out of control, if you'd like to discuss the various ways the disease spreads, etc, there's a monster thread that has dozens of people talking about it.

Just talked to a friend in the D.R. who I hoped to go see in the near future, their airport is basically closed until July 4th. No commercial flights at all.

Tell that to the 100,000 dead from the virus.

Well when the story is written about the economic toll on this generation and future generations, the increase in suicides due to economic depression, or dependency increases on drugs you may not be so self-righteous.

I would and am going to be flying to New Orleans first week of July. With that being said I really hate to get on a airplane. Has to be one of the most boring things I’ve ever done. And the WiFi on most airlines suk

Well when the story is written about the economic toll on this generation and future generations, the increase in suicides due to economic depression, or dependency increases on drugs you may not be so self-righteous.

I've had four friends lose their mothers to this. One lost both parents within 28 days. And they had to all die alone, as my friends weren't allowed to go to the hospitals. The parents who died caught it from their son, who works in a supermarket and got it there. So if people are having a hard time for a few months until this thing is under control, but that saves lives, maybe you won't be so cavalier.

I've had four friends lose their mothers to this. One lost both parents within 28 days. And they had to all die alone, as my friends weren't allowed to go to the hospitals. The parents who died caught it from their son, who works in a supermarket and got it there. So if people are having a hard time for a few months until this thing is under control, but that saves lives, maybe you won't be so cavalier.

Haha at a hard time for a few months...

But it has been asked to take this to the appropriate thread and this isn't it. Please do so.

I’ll avoid the name calling and just make it clear that this is not a “few months issue”. The economic damage is generational, there will not be a “V” recovery, there will be systemic unemployment for years and the ripple effect through society, I would argue, will be far more devastating then the latest virus from APAC.

While I feel for the situation you mention, as I do with others, it is inarguable that the overwhelmingly majority of deaths have a common theme - age, weight, respiratory health. Yes there are outliers but we know that sickly people and the aged got (and continue) to get hard. Shame on the governors who allowed nursing homes to become death zones and shame on those who exposed themselves to those who exposed themselves to people with pre-existing conditions.

I’ll avoid the name calling and just make it clear that this is not a “few months issue”. The economic damage is generational, there will not be a “V” recovery, there will be systemic unemployment for years and the ripple effect through society, I would argue, will be far more devastating then the latest virus from APAC.

While I feel for the situation you mention, as I do with others, it is inarguable that the overwhelmingly majority of deaths have a common theme - age, weight, respiratory health. Yes there are outliers but we know that sickly people and the aged got (and continue) to get hard. Shame on the governors who allowed nursing homes to become death zones and shame on those who exposed themselves to those who exposed themselves to people with pre-existing conditions.

Its been asked to wire it to the right thread and this isn't it.
We won't ask people again, instead just start deleting posts.

Back