Are you ready and/or willing to get on an airplane?

Are you ready/willing to fly again?

• Of course, why wouldn't I get on an airplane?

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Yes, as long as I have an empty seat next to me and a mask

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Maybe, but I'm going to wait a while longer

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Probably won't fly for the remainder of the year

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters
not certain.
But will know in 12 hrs.
Flying to San Diego to visit family.
Feels weird and a touch scary to be doing this.

I am not comfy wearing a mask for an extended period, like longer than 2 minutes. It would need to be something really special (I.e. THP experience) as of now. Once the mask requirements subside I would be more willing.

After 5.49M actual miles if I never get on a plane again it won’t upset me. Before C19 those things were petri dishes, clean down the night before a flight doesn’t do me any good when I’m the 4th flight of the next day and the plane is a mess again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not afraid at all. In fact, I have already flown twice, once with a layover and once nonstop. It was perfectly fine and I felt perfectly safe. I brought lysol wipes with me and wiped everything down, we wore masks and had hand sanitizer. The airports have hand sanitizer stations all over the place, and you see employees walking around cleaning non stop. The airlines kept the middle seats open and the people spread out over the flight. The most I have seen on a flight was 50 people. I have more travel planned in the near future and am not concerned about it at all.

I will fly for The Masters (have tix). Unsure about it for anything else.

I would get on a plane,

I remember the days when I had the whole row on the overnight from Hawaii home, that ain’t happening anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back in 2015 I was flying home from Tokyo on standby. Got bumped off the nonstop to DFW, then they said they had a flight to LAX that wasn’t a normal one, a flight had cancelled the day prior and they were basically just moving the plane back stateside. It was a 777 and there were only 35 of us on it. Including only 5 in coach. Nice comfy ride.

That would be fantastic. Last time I was on an overnight flight, I was in a middle seat and stayed wide awake until we got to our hotel room in Auckland. My wife slept like a baby.

I have also had that same experience, & the seat recline was broken as well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would really depend on the reason for traveling and the distance. I'm not opposed to driving. If it's urgent/emergent and too long to reasonably drive, then I'd fly and probably wear my respirator the whole flight.

Checked the Won't fly box but I rarely fly anyway. Don't plan to fly again but might If family was sick.

I flew in Mid March right before the mass shut downs, had a funeral to attend, and the Airports and flights were ghost towns. Maybe 50 people on my 737s. Wife and I are ready to fly again, but we (personally) are lower risk individuals so our concerns are really for general public and spreading Covid-19 rather than our own personal safety. But our level of concern about flying is low.

Sorry your industry is getting hit so hard, like many others. Its tough and its going to take us a long time to recover.

Yeah I'd get on a flight to go somewhere without a thought. Well unless I'm stuck between two unpleasant or big people but Coronavirus wouldn't be the concern then.

I was between option 3 and 4 and ended up choosing 4. As of right now, I'm doubtful to fly anywhere prior to the end of the year. Case by case scenario. We were hoping to get away for a long weekend later in the year with Leo, but I don't think its going to happen now.

No flights, at least through the end of 2020 and perhaps through the winter into 2021, unless there is an important family or personal need. COVID-19 has a long ways to go with ups and downs before it is finished. And I find the entire modern flying experience just awful to begin with and live in a beautiful place. We often joke that our day to day work lives are better than most people's vacations. ;) I'm good here.

I would have no issues flying. Would I take extra precautions I normally wouldn't, absolutely. I have respect for what this virus presents, but I am not in fear of it, so we will try to live our lives as normal as possible.

I would have no issues flying. Would I take extra precautions I normally wouldn't, absolutely. I have respect for what this virus presents, but I am not in fear of it, so we will try to live our lives as normal as possible.

I am with you and have already flown multiple times. We take precautions and wear masks and wipe everything down. IN the previous thread on it, GolferGal showed a picture of the airport. We were the only ones there. Flights were all less than 50 people and some as low as 10.

AA was an absolute breeze and kept everybody apart and no middle seats and empty rows between people.

SW kept everybody apart as well, but their boarding process was definitely not for me when everybody doesnt know if they should stand in line, or not, or where to go when on the plane, etc.

I would fly right now with an N95 or P100 respirator, probably not with a surgical mask yet but by my first scheduled flight in August things will likely be a lot better/less risky.

BTW the CDC recently changed it’s position on the primary means of transmission to be airborne droplets from someone sneezing, coughing, or just talking; not touching contaminated surfaces. Non N95 or better respirators offer little protection to the wearer but decent protection to others in close proximity. I think a lot of people are walking around with masks(not respirators) that have a false sense of security.

Family and I are deciding if we are going to take our trip to Albuquerque next month for fathers day weekend. Undecided as of yet whether we will just cancel.

I'm planning on flying in 3 weeks. I plan on wearing a mask and will take the same precautions I have been taking every time I have been in public settings. Mask, wipes, and hand sanitizer.

I can wait, no reason for me to fly right now.

I am not super concerned about travelling, I fully expect to wear a mask throughout. I also won't be taking trips unless they are necessary for a while longer. Have a trip planned in July, another in early august and another in late august. Only one I couldn't reasonably drive to is the late august trip so have some more time to see how things play out.

I can wait, no reason for me to fly right now.

Well, you DID wait 30 years prior to the GD, so you shouldn’t have any issues holding off until 2050. ;)

should caveat... if THP called the answer is yes.

I am with you and have already flown multiple times. We take precautions and wear masks and wipe everything down. IN the previous thread on it, GolferGal showed a picture of the airport. We were the only ones there. Flights were all less than 50 people and some as low as 10.

AA was an absolute breeze and kept everybody apart and no middle seats and empty rows between people.

SW kept everybody apart as well, but their boarding process was definitely not for me when everybody doesnt know if they should stand in line, or not, or where to go when on the plane, etc.

Here is the picture

0E74A76A-0D9B-4CFA-AD6B-9579807FA213.jpeg

I have absolutely no fear of flying right now. However, with so much closed I don’t have anywhere to go. Hoping to vacation in August and then, if NFL opens on time, in Vegas for fantasy football drafting.

This is me. Hoping to vacation maybe even sooner, but it looks like it will have to be in Florida if I want to be able to do anything.

Back