Are You Traveling in 2021

The wife and I are heading for Florida this Saturday for our first vacation since Covid started. We are both vaccinated and will wear masks when required.
We can't wait to play golf in Florida again!

Nothing major this year. Less than I had assumed. I did get in a couple rounds when I was out in Boise last week, but didn't get over to Tacoma while out that way as I had originally thought. Played a cold round in Illinois in January but couldn't make the annual father/son (FIL/SIL in my case) golf, poker, big bass weekend over there a few weeks ago. First time I've missed it:(. Also going to miss a trip to Maine in July and always squeeze in some golf when I'm up there. Only golf included trips that will happen for sure are smallish road trips. Long weekends in Wichita and metro east STL, and a drive to Upper Michigan. I'll play up there and usually also try to get a round or two in either down in the mitten, or in Wisconsin or Ohio on the way through. Already got one round in Oklahoma this year and am booked for an event over there in August but that's just a day trip thing.

Yep first work trip in over a year next week...heading to Montgomery

I’m leaving on a fishing trip for 10 days to Northern Wisconsin on Saturday. No golf on this trip. Aside from my fishing partner who, like me, is fully vaccinated, I an unlikely to even see many other people as we spend the majority of our waking hours out on the lake chasing smallmouth bass.

Just got back from a vacation to SW FL. Great time and really looking forward to traveling zealously this year

Still watching the news daily waiting for the US restrictions on UK citizens being lifted. Has to come soon.....surely?

Fresh off Chicago, off to St Louis in a couple of days for Shaft Up 2

Cancuuuun in September if I can get the PTO! Trying to convince my better half to stay at the resort with free greens fees 😬

Been to West Palm, FL and Naples, FL so far. With a baby on the way I think flying is probably done for the year though.

Got a bit of travel scheduled each month coming, but less then 48 hours and will be in St Louis for Shaft Up 2.

Successful travel to Vegas (shaft up) and San Diego, CA for an epic golf trip.

Travel between April and May definitely picked up, more people on planes more flights booking still strict on masks and great experiences on both.

Just spent three days in Branson, fully open and tons of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get to play both the newer courses Phil? Ozarks National and Payne's Valley? Both are spectacular but tough tee times to get with how busy it's been down there.

Heading to Galveston in 10 days to celebrate the Son's Graduation from Tulane Master's Program. He just called and said He was hired by a company in Nola already. Starts Working 1 July.........feeling Very blessed for his new start.

There's a little trip to Austin that a few of us AZ & TX THPers are planning next fall...:banana:
And it’s definitely on!! Four days in September at Barton Creek with a whole bunch of THPers!! It will be so nice to travel once again, especially for this!!

YUP! Got a week of golf planed on Hilton Head Island this coming summer! Can't wait, i've got the tentative course listed out but we definitely going to be hitting Haig Point up! Total sold on it by reviewing the old morgan cup thread.

Did the RTJ trail in Bama for my first rounds since late 2019. Was a blast. Looking to head to Texas or Nashville soon.

We (Wife & I) are leaving the desert Friday night for the NoCal/OR Coastline. This via a few national parks along the way. Yosemite/Lassen and several state parks.

We'll pick up highway 101 in Arcata Ca. I have a cousin in Arcata.

From there we will be traveling as far north as Florence, Oregon. This will take us past Bandon OR. Hopefully they allow begging, and/or insanity. Last I checked they are pretty well booked up. Worst case is I can drool and say I was there. Par 3 course maybe?

From there, we head over to Eugene OR, where I will stock up on golf stuff, and play Fiddlers Green.

From there we'll head to Crater Lake for a visit with friends.

From there we'll cruise on down to Reno to visit with our oldest Grandson.

After that we will head to Furnace Creek in Death Valley CA. I will play their 214' feet below sea level golf course. Most likely in high triple digits.

From there we will meander back home.

During this trip, I will get in a few rounds of golf at various locations. Some as I find them. To save room I'm only taking a half bag of clubs.

My Wife will be burning up her camera, doing the sight seeing thing.

The big difference this trip is we are leaving the coach parked, and traveling by car. It's not a hard decision. 40> mpg vs <10 mpg. Gas prices are not real friendly out here right now. We will be tent camping, and staying in motels during the trip. (more motels than tents if I get my way)

Back