Are You Traveling in 2021

My only plans are getting up to my land I bought up in SE AK and plotting out how and where I’m going to build my retirement cabin.

When I go up to live I’m going in the spring and going to spend all spring and summer building. I need to find out how big the salmon stream is that’s the north border as my only access is float plane and raft. It might be in 2-3 years, but more likely 10ish before I can do it. I’ll need to rebuild life and finances again after the past couple years.

I’d like to have a generator just in case, but man that’ll be a pig to get in there. Mostly plan on going up with a good survival pack and some axes and a chainsaw. I have survival trained all my life so I’m not worried about it if I can make it or not.

I don’t/won’t need much but I want it to be nice and comfy enough that I’m not miserable. Thinking 10x10ish cabin. Can likely make my stove from clay in the land. If not I’ll have to find a way to get a stove/wood burner in. I’ll have to inspect the soil to know.

Won’t need much money, but plan to have enough money in the bank for it to not matter. I have a plan. Sell my house next year. Sooner if the real estate market starts to slow. Buy a much smaller place outright with the equity. Ex just bought a place in our school district so I can sell and my kids won’t have to switch schools, the only reason I’m still here and house POOR.

Sell that place when I move up there. Hopefully the market continues the way it is. It won’t, but if it can give me a couple years, I can be up there in 2-3. I don’t know if I would but I could. I still have a 9 year old and I doubt I go up before he’s an adult, but it’s nice to have an out if the world goes to crap.

Otherwise no travel plans. Unless THP invites me to something then I’m in!

Trying to book something for spring time . And possibly summer

Otherwise no travel plans. Unless THP invites me to something then I’m in!
we don’t do invitations. People signup.

In the planning session of putting together a trip to London & Paris for my wife’s big birthday in 2021.
Then I’m hoping I’ll be traveling to a THP experience somewhere!

we don’t do invitations. People signup.

Correct, and I know that, but it feels like an invite! You guys rock!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Traveling for the THP Showcase counts right? Haha

Yes I’m traveling for golf and anything else I can for next year.

Trying to plan a trip out west somewhere early in the year with the wife to play golf in the desert somewhere in like AZ or UT area and do some site seeing. And hopefuly Ill be heading out later in the year with some fellow THPers for some fun too.

100% planning to.

For sure doing some kind of trio with the wife and golf involved. Not sure if a local FL trip or airline somewhere. Airline tickets are so cheap too hard to pass up.

Lots of worldly changes will take place, but rather than make this about an illness, cure or anything political (not allowed here), as things stand now, are you planning on traveling for golf in 2021?
Yup. Im playing Grand Geneva, Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits next year in October.

Ready as soon as the family is! Hoping restrictions lift a bit by early summer, because we've been thinking about Hawaii for years and finally decided to pull the trigger :cool:

Rebooked Scotland trip from this year. Fingers crossed things are better by June.

Rebooked Scotland trip from this year. Fingers crossed things are better by June.
I keep talking with my friends about a golf trip to Scotland and we will make it happen but not sure when!

Yes

Hopefully more than this year

I'll be traveling for certain.

Head north in November for a hunting trip. Hoping for a few weekend golf trips.

Need to make it back to Superior WI to visit family too

A reschedule of our Ocean City Trip from last year. Early June likely. Things should be relatively normal by then.

Just had an offer to travel with a local group in early April. Mesquite NV. Play 4 courses in a golf focused short trip. I think I am a yes. That would start my 21 travel in a nice way.

An aside, but developing a large group of golf friends has been one of my favorite parts of talking up golf.

I hope so, but as of right now I have no plans.

Yes!
I have a poker tournament in Vegas in June! it was postponed from last June.

I also have 2 free tickets from Jetblue for being a 1st responded so I have to use them right??
vegas is 1. I would like to go on a golf trip this year with @snafu so maybe that will take care of the 2nd or I have been looking at the Todd Graves Single plane school in Jan/Feb. Might just have to go to fla for one of those.

I think we are going to see how the first quarter goes but hope to get back to regular work and personal travel soon.

I hardly touched my clubs during 2020 because of work and my kids. My dad, brother and I are putting together a spring break golf trip to either Bend or Mesquite. I can't wait to get back on the course!

I travelled in 2020, don't see why I wouldn't in 2021.

Back