Are You Traveling in 2021

I have already been to Cabos for golf, so my answer obviously is yes. I also plan to do more.

Went to Miami for 10 days for work. Planning a trip with my sons to play golf.

I am very pleased to report that my buddy and I have scheduled a trip to Bandon Dunes in October, early enough so there is enough light to get 36 a day in.

Vegas trip coming in June. Wife and I are both teachers/coaches who have been in person most of the year, so as soon as we get out in the beginning of June we will be escaping New England for the desert. Already lining up some courses. We wanted to wait until we were both fully vaccinated before traveling but I know a few colleagues who went to the islands for Spring Break.

For golf:

Myrtle Beach in 3 weeks. I'll probably go down a couple of more times this year since it's only a 5.5 hour drive and an easy getaway.
Hilton Head Island for a long weekend in July.

Maybe golf:
Las Vegas in June, October, and November. I doubt I will play though. I like to gamble too much lol.

I just took a trip to Alabama to play the RTJ Trail. It was fantastic. Coming into the week the weather looked pretty rough with possibilities of rain in the 80%-98% range, but we were able to squeeze out all 4 rounds. We played Silverlakes Backbreaker and Mindbreaker, Oxmoor Valley Ridge and short course, and Ross Bridge.

We just returned from a 6 day, 1600 mile road trip. Very quick trip for us, as most of the miles were covered in 3.5 days.

It was a trip to eastern Oregon via SLÇ.

I got in couple rounds of golf with relatives.

We stayed at 3 motels, but didn't dine in any where except relatives homes.

The trip was supposed to be in the 2800 mile range, with a planned stop at Bandon Dunes. Never got within 500 miles of the place.

We did all we could to avoid the covid thing. As poor luck would have it, I ate some bad truck stop food and had a bad case of food poisoning that lasted 3-4 days. Almost visited an ER for dehydration.

We cut our trip short, and came home, for me to recover.

First get away for us in over a year, and a different kind of bug got me.

There's always next month....

Traveling to Cape Cod next month for a three-day golf trip 😬

This weekend the wife and I booked our flights to Miami in late May. We will both be vaccinated and are really looking forward to playing golf in Florida again as well as driving down to the Keys.

Already have and will again.

Headed to the Outer Banks (NC) this weekend for deep sea fishing and golf!

Looks like I need to face reality and cancel our Ireland trip again for the second year. They are so behind in vaccinating and are not going to loosen quarantine restrictions soon enough.

Backup plan is a go now. 13 day RV trip to Oregon coast and back.

First plane ride in a long time upcoming on Friday. THPers and lots of golf ahead so Covid be damned. Vaxed and ready to roll.

Last edited:
We’ve been to Florida a few times this year and are heading to Hawaii in early June for some golf and beach time.

Not explicitly for golf, but I will be traveling to SC in May with the wife to visit folks and sightsee, and plan to get a couple rounds in. I have already traveled this year for ski trips as well.

We had planned to go to Scotland in October, and again while not explicitly for golf I planned to get a round or two in between the Scotch distilleries, castles and hiking :cool: But sadly, I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen this year with COVID status over there, though I could be wrong. We may boot it to next year.

Hoping to get to the USVI sometime.... was supposed to go last May, but that got cancelled... Haven't seen a vacation or any time off, other than the major holidays, in 3 years (unless you count a couple weeks home with covid.... and i wouldn't) I'm about fried from working 6 days a week.

Recently had my first trip on a plane since the pandemic started, and had two very different experiences on our flights. My 4 year old son has asthma (born premature, lungs were very under-developed and still getting stronger each day). We had a note from his pulmonologist on a script that talked about his condition and that he needed breaks from wearing the mask. On our flight out to Aruba (JetBlue) all of the staff was very understanding and were fantastic with their interaction with my children (also traveled with my 2 year old daughter and 1 year old son). Our flight back (on United) was a completely different story. Before taking off the flight attendant was going around the plane and saw that my son's mask was down and told us that it must be up before the plane takes off, at that point we told our son to put his mask on and also notified her of his condition and presented the doctor's note on the script. She took the script up to the front of the plane and then a few minutes later came back to us and asked if we logged the note officially on United's website (we did not do this since we were unaware of that process). She said since it was not officially logged they could not accept it (some BS about anyone could write a doctor's note, even though it was on a script), and that if he does not keep his mask up we will be asked to leave the plane (she was also quite nasty in her interaction with us). I was polite with the attendant (even though I wanted to tell her to stick it where the sun don't shine) and for most of the flight we made sure to have his water and a snack in front of him (just in case they said something about his mask being down and we could say he was eating/drinking). Needless to say I will be avoiding United Airlines in the future and will not mind paying a premium to avoid flying with them.

Last edited:
Hell to the yeah! I was in Pinehurst a few weeks ago. Going to spend a weekend in Pittsburgh at the end of May and then the following week I’ll be in Lake Placid for the weekend for a guys golf trip. The week after we’re driving down to the outer banks and then in August my girlfriend and I are going to The Northern Trust. Also looking to possibly visit Nashville in July but we may do a winter trip somewhere

Not so much for golf, it heading out west for a couple weeks in June, some weekend trips planned, and my in-laws just bought a house in St. Croix...and it’s on a golf course, so anytime we go there will be golf related.

Turns out I will travel for golf this year. Member guest at my best friend's club in the greater SF area. Probable that I'll come down early and we'll head over to the coast to play Spyglass.

Took a day trip out to Pinehurst earlier this month and played 36 (Courses 9 and 1, then the putting course). Will probably do that at least one more time this year. Only about an hour and fifteen from me.

Also going to Wisconsin next month to play Whistling Straits (Irish) and Erin Hills!

Is looking like the UK government is going to announce that international travel is permitted in the next few weeks, so my answer is a resounding yes! All I need is for the US government to allow UK travelers and we are go go go.

We are potentially planning a trip in September. Over-water villas in Tahiti sound fun, but the flight is looooong.

Back