Are You Traveling in 2021

strictly for golf? I don't know. But I would like to sneak away somewhere, even if it's just for a long weekend. Maybe @sposey013168 will invite me down.
Dear Mr Dean you are cordially invited to go hang out with your boy in Missouri and play golf

Last edited:
Dear NR Dean you are cordially invited to Missouri to play golf with your boy

You know my address. See how players get an invite to the Masters? Think of it like that.

Not till late if at all. Elderly parents and high risk family members prevent lots of travel

The eternal optimist in me says "it'll be fine" but the realist is saying "Man, cut your dang loses, file an insurance claim & get what money you can back".

Quoting myself but, spoke to the travel folks yesterday & got some things lined out on our N Ireland trip. They’re already rescheduling April ‘21 for April ‘22. We have the option to push back to ‘22 as well which I’m thinking about doing but not for pandemic reasons.
I made a few calls yesterday & think we may do a Hawaii trip for my wife’s 40th birthday.

I already have travel scheduled for a couple of weddings so I will say yes.

My wife is fully vaccinated, and we don't live near our parents/grandparents.

Taking a golf trip in May. Maybe another one in September.

I've got reservations in Ireland that I'm still holding out hope for. Also have campgrounds set up for a rv trip to Oregon coast and back if that doesn't happen.

A big goal this year is to travel and play more. Hoping things allow that to happen a bit more.

I did book my first trip for next week. It’s a family trip with the wife and in-laws, as a chill ‘celebration of life’ for her recently passed grandfather. We’re going to Callaway Gardens in GA for some time together, and the in-laws suggested I bring my clubs. So while not a golf-trip. It’s a trip and I’ll play a couple rounds.

I’m definitely hoping to travel a few more times though!

Update.
Was told late last night there was no longer room for my clubs. So no traveling for golf, but still traveling. I’m so ready for a golf trip.

Also, I'm still holding out that having some kind of vaccine proof on your passport will help with international travel.

No major golf traveling plans yet this year but I am in desperate need of a vacation. Depending on how things go I think I’ll get away within 8 hrs of home for a vacation this year.

Booked flights to Colorado Springs in April to play the Air Force Academy courses ⛳
When will you be there? We leave for CS next Tuesday and honestly, was debating whether to even bring clubs. The weather so far look to be good.

When will you be there? We leave for CS next Tuesday and honestly, was debating whether to even bring clubs. The weather so far look to be good.

April 8-12th

I think International travel has a long way to go, industry & countries need to agree on how they want to make sure people are healthy (Vaccination Passport, testing etc) which I pray they get sorted by the Summer as we want to go back to New Zealand for Christmas and NZ was very strict handling the virus.
If they do passports, I think that's a big overstep, personally. There are MILLIONS (and millions) that won't vax. And if passports become a thing, I'm likely to lose my damn job because it requires about 5 int'l trips a year. I was in Belgium a year and a week ago when this started. Obviously we haven't air traveled since. And our trip Colorado next week is a re-do of the trip we had to cancel exactly a year ago. It's funny when you look at just the states here that have vastly different rules (they are NOT laws). CO's rules are masks, distancing, shops and stores open with restrictions, blah blah restrictions blah. Georgia is Nope, Negative, Do what you want, maybe don't lick a door knob. Otherwise, it's green all the way down. It's glorious. My (long winded) point is, if our own states can't be on the same page, you think 190 countries are going to align?

For work yes, for golf sadly no. We have some recreational property, and will spend most of our free time there. We chose not to do a bigger vacation plans this year on the off chance our plans could get ruined by covid

If they do passports, I think that's a big overstep, personally. There are MILLIONS (and millions) that won't vax. And if passports become a thing, I'm likely to lose my damn job because it requires about 5 int'l trips a year. I was in Belgium a year and a week ago when this started. Obviously we haven't air traveled since. And our trip Colorado next week is a re-do of the trip we had to cancel exactly a year ago. It's funny when you look at just the states here that have vastly different rules (they are NOT laws). CO's rules are masks, distancing, shops and stores open with restrictions, blah blah restrictions blah. Georgia is Nope, Negative, Do what you want, maybe don't lick a door knob. Otherwise, it's green all the way down. It's glorious. My (long winded) point is, if our own states can't be on the same page, you think 190 countries are going to align?
It's more of a travel industry alignment than country specific.
Personally I know that new zealand is still requiring mandatory 14 day quarantine at government designated facility for the arrival aircraft all at your own expense.
If the industry can figure this out, countries can then work with them.
I've been flying since September here for work, I think planes are somewhat safer than airports or grocery stores.

Possibly a trip to Indianapolis to play the Brickyard Crossing. We were rained out a couple of years ago. On my bucket list.

Possibly a trip to Indianapolis to play the Brickyard Crossing. We were rained out a couple of years ago. On my bucket list.
Oh, you're going to LOVE that. Heck, play twice if you can. It's very nice.

Going to Kohler, WI in May for a 40th bday golf trip with friends. Playing 6 rounds in 4 days.

Going to Vegas in early August for a friend's 40th birthday. This was originally planned for last August but got canceled due to covid.

Yes we are, Charleston for the PGA championship. Oh and the beaches, oysters great food and retirement house shopping.

Went down to Daytona/Orlando for BikeWeek and got a round in at Disney World. Got a cruise planned for August and if that doesn’t happen, it will become a golf trip to Vegas. Might meet my first THP members for the KY Bourbon Bash if I can make that work as well. Will definitely get up to MI to play with my buddy at some point.

Making up for 2020! :)

Alan

Yes traveling for The Morgan Cup!!

Its looking less and less likely, unless there's a THP miracle for me. Mostly family related > kid on the way, wife won't want to travel anywhere this year

Will be DESPERATELY in need of a vacation next year, it'll have been i think 5 years

Hopefully going to be in indianapolis next weekend with some time for golf Sunday.

Back