Are Your Greens Fees Going Up?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Whether that be dues at a private facility or your local courses you play. Are you seeing an uptick in prices of your rounds?

Our public course has raised their yearly membership rate by about $150 over the past 10 years. I don't know what the daily fees have been since I have been a member there for so long. I know they're more expensive.

The private course I am eyeing joining raised their rates $100 just this season. I know they have levied the membership pretty heavily for flood mitigation the last 5 years or so. But, that's the price you pay for a private course I suppose.

The ones I’ve paid attention to around here have been pretty stable.

Not that I've noticed... most courses I play range anywhere from $30 to $65 depending on the time of day. It was the same last year, and the year before that....

OKC city cources raised their rates $1 in June or July. I'm probably lucky they don't make me pay $1 on top of the frequent player passes I bought earlier in the year.

Seems that in the Austin area, many of the private courses have increased initiation fees and monthly dues considerably. The public courses seem more stable and there are deals to be had on Golf512, for off peak hours. What are you seeing across the country?

• Admin
Seems that in the Austin area, many of the private courses have increased initiation fees and monthly dues considerably. The public courses seem more stable and there are deals to be had on Golf512, for off peak hours. What are you seeing across the country?

We have seen an uptick in some areas. Especially in the resort side of things.
Nothing catastrophic, outside of a few places that are out of their ******* minds :ROFLMAO:

We have seen an uptick in some areas. Especially in the resort side of things.
Nothing catastrophic, outside of a few places that are out of their ******* minds :ROFLMAO:

There is a middle of the road private course close by that has increased their initiation to 15k (no objection there as they are doing a new clubhouse), but the monthly dues are $675 with cart fees of $18 per round, and that is one of the cheaper due structures in the area - many are 900 plus/month. That doesn't take into account food minimums, men's league, and some other fees. Austin has seen a lot of growth and influx disposable income over the past 10 years.

That's all they seem to do is go up in price and stay the same if not slightly decline in condition year over year.

Dues at my club do go up. As it is, was and ever shall be.

Green fees at the public courses in my area are overall no higher than they were 10-15 years ago. After the big crash in 2007 the number of rounds played never recovered and the courses are chasing all the business they can get. Too much competition to raise greens fees.

I have not looked at the private golf course fees in some time, but they are generally over 25,000 to start. So, I don't know if they increase much.

I would say we have seen a modest increase in course fees here. The lower-level courses are running around 45 - 50, while the better-maintained golf courses are running 60-75. That is just a few dollars up from last year.

My local course hasn't changed fees in a few years. I could see this changing next year though. The course is in much better shape and a lot of other area courses are closing down.

My rate has been locked in at my club since I started. It's gone up and down a few times for new members since then, and currently is the same as it was when I joined 5 or so years ago.

I pay $80 a month for unlimited practice area access and 1/2 off tee times. Thinking back the last couple of years, my rounds have not increased when I play there.

I haven't seen prices increase in the past few years. I have seen alot more deals out there though with places like Groupon and Golf Moose.

Prices went up at our city courses a couple years ago by $2-4 per round, depending on which course.

Seems like just about all the courses open to the public around here went up this year. Some were modest increases, but some have gotten really proud of themselves. It is California though, so maybe they are just having to cover some new regulatory BS.

Haven't noticed anything increasing at the courses. As an aside golf deal finder usually through golf now, I have noticed less deals and prices on the third party "deal" websites increasing. Fees also seem to go up!

Most are status quo around here. What we are seeing more is courses keeping the same price and the conditions declining because they can't afford to keep them maintained. The course we used to play all the time is around $27 for 18 which is great, but over the last few years it's slowly becoming a place that's not worth playing anymore. I would gladly pay $5-$10 more per round to play there if they used the extra fees and started bringing the course back.

No, most are the same as they were 10yrs ago and some are $10-$15 cheaper

I believe they went up a little at my home course about 3 years ago but have been stable ever since. I think that was the only increase in the 10 years that I have been a member there.

Whether that be dues at a private facility or your local courses you play. Are you seeing an uptick in prices of your rounds?
Our dues have been flat for this year and I believe are staying flat for 2020.

We had a small increase in early 2018 I believe.

Seems my local courses raise the rates every year about 3-7$

I'm in Austin, too. Our monthly dues usually go about about 15 bucks per year, but it was 30 this year IIRC.

Fairly stable, small increases if anything. Now at a personal level that will change for me next season. If all goes according to plan, I will join a private club. That jump will not be cheap; hence, get new clubs this winter before mrs. figures out my plan.

Back