are your rounds mostly 18 vs 9 holes?

18 vs 9 hole rounds...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
with my work schedule, it's hard to get 18 in after work so i try and get 9 for the most part...and i find that, even on the weekends, i am playing 9 more often than 18...what's your typical round, THP?

Evenings, its 9 holes after work but that's because its getting darker quicker now and I won't get 18 in. After next week its very doubtful that I will even get 9 in after work

If I am playing an 18 hole course then I will always play the 18, if it's a 9 hole course then it depends on what the playing partners want to do after 9. Sometimes we play again to make 18, some times we finish after 9

Far more 18 hole rounds than 9 hole rounds. Once the days start getting shorter, I tend to get a few 12-14 hole "rounds" in as well.

Majority are 18. I need to play more 9. Kinda hard to be away from the house for 5 hours on a weekend but 9 holes if no one is around can be a quick 2 hour outing.

Majority are 18. I need to play more 9. Kinda hard to be away from the house for 5 hours on a weekend but 9 holes if no one is around can be a quick 2 hour outing.

that is my logic for playing 9s...lately, it's been hard to stay at the 2hr mark or under but at least, it's a possibility...plus, i gotta beat the dark.

I had a few month stretch where I don't think I ever played just 9, but winter, spring, and fall seem to balance it towards 35/65 for 9/18 in the end.

Mostly 18 holes, but 9 holes is doable on a few occassions.

Our course charges locals the same green fee for both 9/18.

I know guys who on slow days walking will play more than 18.

Given the way my back is handling things, they're going to become 9 holes events. Have fun for 9 holes, walk it, and go home vs. 18 holes, ride, and go home and have to take 2 Tylenol every 6 hrs until bedtime. I think it'll just be more fun.

generally i always play 18

I'm lucky that I and my golf buds are all retired, so we can get out during the week for the senior rate. Have played nothing but 18's this season, but that's still a reduction. There were a lot of 27 hole days in the past, but that's by us now! I'm sore enough after 18!

Almost always 18 holes. Rain is usually the only thing that causes me to only go 9.

I usually always try to play 18 if I can. Our mens league is 9 holes. If I can play after work it I will try to get 18 in.

Very easy to get in a quick 9, whereas a full 18 takes a little more planning. On the whole, I’d say more of my rounds are 9.

I feel as though 95% of my rounds are 18 holes. If I play 9, I think it would be either because of crap weather or crazy slow pace of play.

uh...kind of in the middle. i shoot for 18 in the morning but ends up being around 12-15 holes depending on how early i can get out.

Almost always 18. If it’s 9 it’s following an 18 so 27.

Mostly 9. It's hard for me to find time for 18 on a weekly basis. Especially the last month. It's hard to get away with 4-5 hours out of the house on the weekend after 50-60 hour work weeks. I can find time for a quick 9 after work or on the weekend. Although it's going to get tougher for the after work 9 as soon as the clock changes.

I likely only play one or two 9 hole rounds a year compared to fifty-ish 18 hole rounds. I mean, the course usually has 18 holes, so......

I have way more 18 hole rounds than 9 but this time of year with the sun starting to go down earlier will get some more 9 hole rounds in for sure.

Mostly 9 holes because I play in a Thursday Night League which runs 18 weeks and with family and work I usually can't play every weekend. Once the kids gets older I plan to get a membership and play more but currently the plan for next years is to buy a Chicagoland Pass that'll at least get me 14 rounds to area courses.

Mostly 18 holes during season

shouldder
Season 14 -15 holes
Early season end if season 9
Holes

Mostly 9 holes. #1 work league on week nights, #2 I much prefer to walk and it is much easier to walk 9 holes.

Dave

Most of mine are 9. I tend to play 9-hole munis because they are dirt cheap. Cheaper rounds mean that I can afford to play more golf and playing 9-holes allows me to get out and golf but not have it be an all day thing.

Never played 9 holes in my life and never will - it would be like jagging a date with Miss Universe and then telling her you can't come up for coffee because it's getting a bit late for caffeine intake.

18 on Saturday and Sunday. 9 the rest of the time so 2 to 1 9 hole rounds to 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back