Arizona local outing 3/1/2020

I can't wait for this. A big motivation during my solo rounds and range time is showing off in front of THPers. :cool:

Maybe this time I'll actually out drive the tee box.

I updated the first post. As of right now, we are full unless someone drops out.

Wow I am incredibly honored to be included. Cannot wait for this. Thank you @Wildcat4life for making this happen.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

BTW oumagic my birthday is 4/5 and turning 49.

BTW oumagic my birthday is 4/5 and turning 49.

That's awesome! I am glad you are able to join us for a great round of golf. It will be fun getting a bunch of AZ THP together again :)

Confirmed (course hcp from white tees)
@oumagic 9
@mtbloco 21
@robrandalgz 21
@Wildcat4life 1
@Roadrunner 13
@MSEASU 10
@dunkjez 5
@echico 10
@tanker337 10
@MagicSpell 21
@tucsoncacti 19
@Doubleb21 12

We are going to do a fun “odd/even” format. The night before the outing, I will draw teams at random; first two names drawn will be a team playing with the next two names and we will draw until all 3 groups are filled out. The lowest handicap on the two man team will count their score on odd holes and the higher cap score counts on even holes. What I will need is your handicap; it is fine if you don’t have one, just use a free tracker and put in your last 5 scores and we will use that. Just post in here or PM me with it on or before 2/28. You will play every hole just like normal; this is just a fun side game to make it interesting. (We will all play the same tee boxes, TBD).

entry fee will be $10 total per person for the side games. Half of the pot ($60) will go to the team closest to the hole on the island hole #17 and the other half of the pot ($60) will go to the team with best score.

If anyone has questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to ask. I think most of the group will have lunch after; I might have to have a drink and head out to meet my family for dinner. once it gets closer, we can discuss if anyone is meeting up Saturday night.

Last edited:
I am a 20.3

This sounds like fun!! Thanks. Also what tees will be played? I was looking at red/white but will play white only also.

My official GHIN is 12.4. I did turn it back on after 4 years of inactivity so scores from 2014 and 15 are included. My league handicap is 11.1, that is what I have been using as I play most of my golf in the league. I would use the 11.1 for me. Both are World Handicap based....

I am a 20.3

This sounds like fun!! Thanks. Also what tees will be played? I was looking at red/white but will play white only also.

Lies all lies lol how are you sir wish I was joining you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My handicap is at 14.1

I am a 20.3

We will play white tees at roughly 6300.

Hcp. is at 22.1 right now. Call me Mr. Even Tees. (y)

Handicap is 3.3. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Sorry for my partner as it won't work in this format.

I am at 13.8 right now! Let's do this

HCI index is currently 21.8 (as of end of January). I'll be joining Randy on the even tees lol.

Chris brings up a good point. By playing only even or odd holes some of the handicap is lost for some players, correct? What if all of a lower hc players handicap holes are on even holes?

HCI index is currently 21.8 (as of end of January). I'll be joining Randy on the even tees lol.

Chris brings up a good point. By playing only even or odd holes some of the handicap is lost for some players, correct? What if all of a lower hc players handicap holes are on even holes?

It is what it is.

What if all of a lower hc players handicap holes are on even holes?

however it works out, it will be fair. this games is only for half the pot. Remember, closest to the pin is for the other half. I would say that in closest to the pin, low handicaps have a slight advantage. On odd/even, the teams with higher caps usually do well. It will be fun.

Last edited:

GHIN says 11.8 for me.

I have added the course handicap for people that have sent me an index. If you are interested in calculation, the course rating is 69.5 with slope of 121 from white tee box

My official GHIN is 12.4. I did turn it back on after 4 years of inactivity so scores from 2014 and 15 are included. My league handicap is 11.1, that is what I have been using as I play most of my golf in the league. I would use the 11.1 for me. Both are World Handicap based....
I split the difference and used 11.75. I can update it if you play before then and your league cap goes down further.

A couple of small house keeping things to keep this outing fun and moving at a good pace:

Maximum score on a hole will be double par and we always play ready golf. if you want to take the tee box in front of someone that just birdied, that is between you and the golf gods

Gimme putts are acceptable and situational. Nothing over 3 feet and no birdies given (net or gross).

please bring a $10 bill, I am not a cashier able to make change for $20 or $100 bills.

Lies all lies lol how are you sir wish I was joining you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping you would see this and come along? You back in town? Or here FT? We need to meet up and get a round in

A couple of small house keeping things to keep this outing fun and moving at a good pace:

Maximum score on a hole will be double par and we always play ready golf. if you want to take the tee box in front of someone that just birdied, that is between you and the golf gods

Gimme putts are acceptable and situational. Nothing over 3 feet and no birdies given (net or gross).

please bring a $10 bill, I am not a cashier able to make change for $20 or $100 bills.
I'm bringing gold ingot shavings. Figure it out. :cool:

Back