Finally got out to @oumagic favorite course Las Sendas. First it was the worst golf course conditions I have played at in some years. Hole 3 looked like a monster truck rally was just held there. I can look past conditions to really judge a course and this course just didn't have anything that was telling me to come back. There are some odd holes bit I can forgive that. You have to be accurate with your tee shots as it is very penal off the grass. I was telling @lockstockrye that it felt like they designed the course from the tips then just put other tee boxes in where they felt like it. I would play it again but it will be a long time as that course needs some work just to make it playable.

For those of you who have come here to play Sedona Golf Resort and Oakcreek Country Club, here is an interesting picture from the past.

In 1965, the movie "The Rounders" with Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford and Chill Wills was released. It was filmed in the Village of Oak Creek and around Sedona, problably in 1964. I have seen it a couple times over the years, but when it came on again, I recorded it.

Attached is a picture from the first scenes filmed in the Village of Oak Creek (a bad cell phone picture of the recorded movie playing on my TV). It took a while, but I tracked down exactly where that corral originally stood. It was in Rancho Rojo at xxx Appaloosa Drive, looking north from about 500 yards due south of SGR's 15th fairway. I even met the people who bought the property from the owners who had the corral and were there in the 60s.

So, in that vast horse pasture (originally named Big Park), Sedona Golf Resort was built in the foreground. That red rocky ridge coming down from the right of the picture is Crown Ridge, where the Hilton complex has been built, and behind that ridge, a little farther north, is where Oakcreek Country Club was built. All of the west side of the current VOC is in that view to the north.

Lots of changes in only 60 years!
e1ff4de8e0570ded5c3125a303292316.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

For those of you who have come here to play Sedona Golf Resort and Oakcreek Country Club, here is an interesting picture from the past.

In 1965, the movie "The Rounders" with Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford and Chill Wills was released. It was filmed in the Village of Oak Creek and around Sedona, problably in 1964. I have seen it a couple times over the years, but when it came on again, I recorded it.

Attached is a picture from the first scenes filmed in the Village of Oak Creek (a bad cell phone picture of the recorded movie playing on my TV). It took a while, but I tracked down exactly where that corral originally stood. It was in Rancho Rojo at xxx Appaloosa Drive, looking north from about 500 yards due south of SGR's 15th fairway. I even met the people who bought the property from the owners who had the corral and were there in the 60s.

So, in that vast horse pasture (originally named Big Park), Sedona Golf Resort was built in the foreground. That red rocky ridge coming down from the right of the picture is Crown Ridge, where the Hilton complex has been built, and behind that ridge, a little farther north, is where Oakcreek Country Club was built. All of the west side of the current VOC is in that view to the north.

Lots of changes in only 60 years!
e1ff4de8e0570ded5c3125a303292316.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
and you would be a bajillionaire if you would have picked up 2-3 dozen acres of that random land!!

Finally got out to @oumagic favorite course Las Sendas. First it was the worst golf course conditions I have played at in some years. Hole 3 looked like a monster truck rally was just held there. I can look past conditions to really judge a course and this course just didn't have anything that was telling me to come back. There are some odd holes bit I can forgive that. You have to be accurate with your tee shots as it is very penal off the grass. I was telling @lockstockrye that it felt like they designed the course from the tips then just put other tee boxes in where they felt like it. I would play it again but it will be a long time as that course needs some work just to make it playable.

LS jumped onto the top 10 list of worst courses in AZ!! The whole property is in a state of dishevel! It felt like they are not caring for the property anymore as there were destroyed tee boxes, fringes, fairways, pathways, cart path, etc.

It was already a bad course design wise; but add all the other things and it is a total mess!

perfect. They still have $60 of my money for a round of golf to be played before october.

they did this to McDowell MTN right before overseed last year. it came back rather good. Unfortunately, not fast enough for my $60.
Glad I used my rounds already

Went to play Power Ranch after their greens were redone. First and foremost the all look healthy which is a good thing. Obviously with recent work they were pretty inconsistent but the rolled decently well. They were for the most part not really receptive (expected). I will give it some time before I play there again.

Back