I'm always down to play Southern Dunes.

@mtbloco how did the round go?

Lots of fun. That course is really really nice. I'd never played it before. It was great to have the advice from @echico to guide us around. Lots of visual tricks to add to or intimidate the golfer experience. The conditions were prime. The greens were not stupid fast, but rolled very true with lots of slope and tricky pin locations. I did not have a good day off the tee. Which makes this course much harder. 5 pars. shot a 97.

We are in Flagstaff and played Sedona Golf Resort on Saturday. They had just aerated and sanded the greens but the course was otherwise in great shape and not many people playing. SGR and Oakcreek CC have been our main courses since February but with the recent warmer weather change we have also been playing Continental in Flag and Elephant Rocks in Williams. We haven't played down in Scottsdale or Fountain Hills in a couple weeks.

We are in Flagstaff and played Sedona Golf Resort on Saturday. They had just aerated and sanded the greens but the course was otherwise in great shape and not many people playing. SGR and Oakcreek CC have been our main courses since February but with the recent warmer weather change we have also been playing Continental in Flag and Elephant Rocks in Williams. We haven't played down in Scottsdale or Fountain Hills in a couple weeks.

Sounds nice. I haven't played in Sedona or Flagstaff yet. Hopefully I'll get the chance this summer.

Sounds nice. I haven't played in Sedona or Flagstaff yet. Hopefully I'll get the chance this summer.
Prescott CC is a nice choice to. Really enjoyed my round there last summer.

We are in Flagstaff and played Sedona Golf Resort on Saturday.

I have played Prescott CC years ago and also Stone Ridge and that was nice. The only time I played in Sedona was at Sedona Golf Resort and I really enjoyed it. It would be nice to get out of the heat some this summer

I have played Prescott CC years ago and also Stone Ridge and that was nice. The only time I played in Sedona was at Sedona Golf Resort and I really enjoyed it. It would be nice to get out of the heat some this summer
Maybe another AZ mini event. Last summer wife and I got an AirBnB so it was not an all day event.

Hey everyone, on Sunday the 3rd I'm going to hit Peoria Pines for a quick executive course round. Still in the work on my iron game mode, and they have some really early morning tee times. If anyone would like to join let me know. Will book this out tomorrow morning. 5 Par 4's, 2 Par 5's, Par 63 course.

I’ll second this. I’ve played Prescott CC a few times and really enjoy it.

Me and @Mmillz are playing Western Skies in Gilbert at 6:38am on Sunday. We booked through golfnow and there are two spots still open if anyone is interested.

You boys enjoying the warmth down there in the valley too??? :cool:

Southern Dunes doing summer six pack again this year. I think I will probably go through 2 or 3 this year.

6 rounds, 6 drinks, 6 Chormesoft for $159. 6 day booking window.

Southern Dunes doing summer six pack again this year. I think I will probably go through 2 or 3 this year.

6 rounds, 6 drinks, 6 Chormesoft for $159. 6 day booking window.
So 30 bucks a round?

So 30 bucks a round?
Actually comes out to $26.50 a round, plus the free drinks and free golf balls. Pretty smokin' deal, assuming Southern Dunes is a good course!

Actually comes out to $26.50 a round, plus the free drinks and free golf balls. Pretty smokin' deal, assuming Southern Dunes is a good course!

Plus there are 6 rounds on mini dunes which is their driving range turned into a par 3. Some other discounts as well. Always a good deal. And yes Southern Dunes is a great course.

Last edited:
It says though you need a troon card. Can you confirm?
The Troon Card one is for $10 cheaper. So with Troon Card it is $149, without is $159.

It says though you need a troon card. Can you confirm?
Looks like there's a Troon card option and a regular 6 pack option. I clicked the link to purchase a 6 pack option and it just went to a page where I could book a tee time. I'm going to call tomorrow and get some clarification and try to purchase my card. I'll let you know what I find out. (y)

The Troon Card one is for $10 cheaper. So with Troon Card it is $149, without is $159.
Yoy buying in on this, @echico? I'll be booking my first round ASAP when I get my card. I'll let you know.

Yoy buying in on this, @echico? I'll be booking my first round ASAP when I get my card. I'll let you know.
I am getting this and probably playing every Friday through summer. Gotta use up my vacation time since I can't go anywhere. So probably will get 2 or 3 of them

I might grab one for summer. I have only played there once and struggled mightily. I remember it being nice

I’ll get one as well

I'm thinking about heading to Sedona and playing Oak Creek this month. Anyone game?

Back