The par 3s are going to be really hard for me with thee of them 205, 225, and 210 from the blacks.
I am not going to just give you the $10 ;)
You get pops on like every hole except the par 3’s. But I am fine with the blue tees and any game we play. I was just throwing out the option since you and @robrandalgz have been out-driving Me lately. Blue tees are more fun!

I am not going to just give you the $10 ;)
You get pops on like every hole except the par 3’s. But I am fine with the blue tees and any game we play. I was just throwing out the option since you and @robrandalgz have been out-driving Me lately. Blue tees are more fun!

I remember those days.......My Driving range for the last 10 rounds has dipped to 210-253 with smart distance of 231. My average was 253 for those glorious 10 rounds when I could occasionally out drive you.

The par 3s are going to be really hard for me with thee of them 205, 225, and 210 from the blacks.
Me too. Just choke down on your Cobra “4i”.

Me too. Just choke down on your Cobra “4i”.
ha! Smart distance on that is 215 with all the playing in the rough!

Shall we have a little side action during our round saturday? @MSEASU @oumagic @robrandalgz With the four of use we have an good distribution of handicaps. (9, 9.2, 20.2 and 21.5). That gives us a chance to play team best ball. Or we could play net skins (with or without skin carry forward) or another individual style game.

Sean mentioned a game he has played called 3 putt poker.
Ante is $5. Your money guarantees two cards. For every 3 putt, you owe another dollar. 4 putt, a 2nd dollar. For 1 putt, you earn an extra card. 0 putt 2 cards. End of round, you deal a hand of stud poker and winner takes the pot. Usually whoever has most cards wins. But sometime a guy gets a pair of aces and beats a guy with 6 cards.​

@MagicSpell plays another game:
Each player starts with a number of points equal to their hc. Then you add to that based on score on each hole. Birdie is 3 points, par is 1 point, bogey is 0 points, and double bogey is -1.​

What do you guys think? My game is not trending in the right direction. while I love team golf, I'm not sure I can be much help for my partner.
1596834551609.jpeg

I'll play whatever. If we can't decide, @oumagic , just throw three poker chips in a hat and pull one out and we'll play whichever one comes up.

@MSEASU @robrandalgz @mtbloco
Bring $10. We will play skins game at 95% caps. No carryovers and most skins win. Blue tee box: mtbloco gets 11 pops and Robrandalgz gets 10

see you tomorrow!

😱 I might as well give them my $10 now.
You are the low cap in the group. I should get .2 strokes on the hardest hole ;)

see you tomorrow!

Elephant Rocks for us 11:20 tomorrow morning. Low-mid 80s forecast (the weather, not my score).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Elephant Rocks for us tomorrow morning. Low 80s forecast (the weather, not my score).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
PM me when you guys come back up to Show Low. I'd love to get a round in with you. Pinetop Lakes is a very well cared for course. You won't be disappointed if you choose to play there. It's not long (par 63 IIRC) but it's a charming, fun little track that will have you reaching for almost every club in your bag at some point. (y)

We will be back there in two weeks (I will verify the days with the boss) for a 3 day weekend to play Pinetop Lakes and Bison in Show Low. I will give you a heads up. Probably will be staying at Nine Pines motel in Pinetop again and dinner at Charlie Clark's and probably a cocktail at the Lion's Den.

PM me when you guys come back up to Show Low. I'd love to get a round in with you. Pinetop Lakes is a very well cared for course. You won't be disappointed if you choose to play there. It's not long (par 63 IIRC) but it's a charming, fun little track that will have you reaching for almost every club in your bag at some point. (y)
PM sent

Busy weekend so it's taken me a bit to report back. I had the greatest time with @FatChance (Dale) and his wife Sandy this past Friday at Pinetop Lakes Country Golf and Country Club. They are such great people and so much fun to hang out with. Sandy is definitely "one of the guys". Great sense of humor and that lady is NEVER off of the golf course. Dale is about as genuine of a human being as you'll ever meet. Down to earth, easy going and as easy to get along with as anyone could ever ask for. That entire day was the embodiment of "Playing with THPers is that much better". The only regret of the day was that we failed to get the number of the guy that got paired with us, last minute. His name was Rob and he was an absolute pleasure to play with. I found out after the round that he was a preacher and had to recount how many times I may have taken the Lord's name in vain. I don't think it was many, but I sure hope God likes the "F" word. 😬:ROFLMAO:

I cannot wait to meet with them again. I don't care if we're playing golf or just hanging out for dinner and cocktails. Absolutely my kind of people. Thank you both so much for inviting me to join you. Can't wait to see you both again!

Ugh.....still in the 110's to play golf this long weekend.

Yeah this extreme heat needs to end. For me, it does have a silver lining as it's slightly easier to stick to my self imposed break form swinging clubs in an effort rest my upper back.

Anyone up for a round tomorrow?

Back