Ugh.....still in the 110's to play golf this long weekend.
Tell me about it! We're playing Continental in Flag tomorrow and it will be all the way up into the upper 80s. Good thing we are teeing off early.

Sorry, you will probably have a comeuppance when it starts snowing here in a month or two...

Last edited:
If I play any golf this weekend, it would have to be Monday and that is not certain. Wedding anniversary this weekend

Just putting this out there for folks if they are interested. The golf league I was in has rebranded to the Scottsdale Golf League. This is the last year that I am going to be in the league as my wife is due in December so I can't really expect to play much golf after that. It is a good group of guys and the league is very well run. There are weekly events starting Jan 3 and going into November. If you want side action while you play there is plenty of that as well. It is not a competitor to the THP league just a PHX area league. It is a competitive league and they strictly follow USGA rules.

Just putting this out there for folks if they are interested. The golf league I was in has rebranded to the Scottsdale Golf League. This is the last year that I am going to be in the league as my wife is due in December so I can't really expect to play much golf after that. It is a good group of guys and the league is very well run. There are weekly events starting Jan 3 and going into November. If you want side action while you play there is plenty of that as well. It is not a competitor to the THP league just a PHX area league. It is a competitive league and they strictly follow USGA rules.

Congratulations 🎉

Anyone up for a round tomorrow?

Time to resurrect this thread now that we're getting into the best part of the year. We're playing Elephant Rocks this weekend, Los Caballeros in two weeks and all three Wigwam courses over Thanksgiving. We have never played in Wickenburg or at Wigwam, so it should be fun if we can miss the worst of the reseeding schedule!

Time to resurrect this thread now that we're getting into the best part of the year. We're playing Elephant Rocks this weekend, Los Caballeros in two weeks and all three Wigwam courses over Thanksgiving. We have never played in Wickenburg or at Wigwam, so it should be fun if we can miss the worst of the reseeding schedule!
Reseeding in the valley is underway so you should be good to go In November.

I haven’t played any of those courses. So many great ones in AZ!

We're going to have to hook up after the first of the year, Dale. golf league and a tight Holiday schedule prevents me from doing much extra travel before the holidays but I'm gonna need some Dale and Sandy in my life pretty damned quick after the holidays. Take care and tell Sandy I said hello.

Also, tell Sandy I had a really decent Cab the other day. It's called Juggernaut. If you can get your hands on a bottle, I highly recommend.

Thanks Randy! We played Elephant Rocks today. 82, sunny, just a light breeze. Best conditions all year, except for Sandy beating me...

Thanks Randy! We played Elephant Rocks today. 82, sunny, just a light breeze. Best conditions all year, except for Sandy beating me...
She's a tough out, brother. Never off the fairway. 🔥

Heading down to Phoenix next weekend and had a question for you guys. We're considering 36 one day and was wondering what is the latest tee time you can usually get 18 in? I checked and saw sunset was around 545.

Heading down to Phoenix next weekend and had a question for you guys. We're considering 36 one day and was wondering what is the latest tee time you can usually get 18 in? I checked and saw sunset was around 545.
It’s course dependent to a certain extent, but i think 2pm is the absolute latest. I played last week and we were basically the last group to finish all 18. Just under a 4 hour round. As it keeps getting dark earlier, it will move to 1:30p as a safer start time.

It’s course dependent to a certain extent, but i think 2pm is the absolute latest. I played last week and we were basically the last group to finish all 18. Just under a 4 hour round. As it keeps getting dark earlier, it will move to 1:30p as a safer start time.
I was going to suggest 1:30. Depends on course and cart path only with overseeing, but I usually plan on 4:30 round and hope it doesn’t play that slow

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Looking into Southern Dunes, Sunridge Canyon and one other at this point.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Looking into Southern Dunes, Sunridge Canyon and one other at this point.
Ask about cart paths. Some courses are still closed and some are just reopening after overseeding. Have fun!

Southern Dunes is going to open from overseed next Friday (30th) so will be cart path only. I love Southern Dunes but it will not be in shape to have an enjoyable 36 there. It is an easy walk with push cart but I can tell you cart path only there is gonna be slow.

Sunridge Canyon opened Sept 31 so in better shape. I have never played there so can't tell you if 36 is a good idea.

We just got back from a long weekend "out Wickenburg way". We played Los Caballeros and Quintero (our first time on both).

Los Caballeros was a lot of fun and they allowed carts on the fairways.

Quintero was cart path only but the fairways were perfect. We always ask people what there favorite courses are and Quintero is very frequently mentioned for good reason, it is now our favorite Arizona golf course that we have played. All it needs is a good club house/bar/restaurant...

28caa6a18917ce14947a3cc968584eea.jpg

We just got back from a long weekend "out Wickenburg way". We played Los Caballeros and Quintero (our first time on both).

Los Caballeros was a lot of fun and they allowed carts on the fairways.

Quintero was cart path only but the fairways were perfect. We always ask people what there favorite courses are and Quintero is very frequently mentioned for good reason, it is now our favorite Arizona golf course that we have played. All it needs is a good club house/bar/restaurant...

28caa6a18917ce14947a3cc968584eea.jpg
Quintero is a polarizing course. If you want to see the desert scenery and get great conditions with fast greens this is a great course. My knocks on it are that all 4 par 3's are exactly the same and some of the par 5's are gimmicky. If it was me I would drive the extra half hour to Wickenburg ranch. If I had an out of towner that wanted to see the desert then Quintero is high on the list.

Got out to Southern Dunes today and playing Sunridge Canyon tomorrow.
you're playing some great courses. Hope you're enjoying AZ.

Back