@mtbloco and I are playing Kokopelli at 12:30 tomorrow. Last time we checked, there are still two spots open.

@mtbloco and I are playing Kokopelli at 12:30 tomorrow. Last time we checked, there are still two spots open.
If you're not cool, don't reply to this invite..............because these guys are pretty cool. :cool:

Here I sit, living in Oak Creek, best weather of the year, with a newly torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I can't get into a MRI for another 2 weeks to see if, or what kind of surgery I might need. Life sucks, sometimes...

I might try to play next week, dropping at 50 yards or so and just chipping and putting, but that might be stoopid...

Yes, I am frustrated.

Will likely be in Phoenix at the end of May if any of you locals want a shot at Texas before the big match in September! Hoping to play a round the morning of Monday, May 24th if someone is interested in joining. If not, any course recommendations? Was leaning We-Ko-Pa, but that is based on very limited research.

Will likely be in Phoenix at the end of May if any of you locals want a shot at Texas before the big match in September! Hoping to play a round the morning of Monday, May 24th if someone is interested in joining. If not, any course recommendations? Was leaning We-Ko-Pa, but that is based on very limited research.
Wekopa is top notch. Other great courses if you can’t get on to Wekopa
Souther Dunes
Troon North
Grayhawk

Here I sit, living in Oak Creek, best weather of the year, with a newly torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I can't get into a MRI for another 2 weeks to see if, or what kind of surgery I might need. Life sucks, sometimes...

I might try to play next week, dropping at 50 yards or so and just chipping and putting, but that might be stoopid...

Yes, I am frustrated.
Brother, I feel your pain. I had rotator cuff surgery on Christmas Eve, and have been on the shelf ever since! I should be cleared in late May to resume golfing. If you do opt for surgery, you are looking at a minimum 5-6 months of PT & non-golf. Good luck!

We have a couple open spots for our league get together at Star Pass on Sat. April 17th. Anyone what to join us?

Saturday, April 17th - Starr Pass Resort ($100/player)
Star Pass Golf Club, 3645 W Starr Pass Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85745

jw-marriott-tucson-starr-pass-resort-spa-tucson-arizona-102836-1.jpg

I will be in Phoenix in July and I'm looking to play out there. I found Papago Golf Club and was wondering what the locals thought about it. Yes, I know it will be hot. Any other suggestions close to Scottsdale/Camelback area? Thanks in advance.

I will be in Phoenix in July and I'm looking to play out there. I found Papago Golf Club and was wondering what the locals thought about it. Yes, I know it will be hot. Any other suggestions close to Scottsdale/Camelback area? Thanks in advance.
Papago is a really great "muni". It definitely not a stereotypical muni course. It's home of the ASU golf team and a really fun course to play. The heat of summer just mean that the rate will be reasonable.

I'd probably skip Talking Stick as there are much better options.

I put a list together of other courses in the area. https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...a-golf-courses-top-25-open-to-public.8917393/

That time of year the rates mean you can play anywhere.

If you have to play it because of the PGA tour then TPC Stadium will be reasonable. Not the best golf but if you want the experience.
Around Camelback/Scottsdale then Camelback Ambiente, both Grayhawk courses, and TPC are your best bets. If you want to venture out then Wekopa (Saguaro is much better), Troon North (Pinnacle is better), and Verde River are reasonably close. Open it up more and that is where you will have Southern Dunes, both Verrado courses, Sterling Groves (new and I hear great things), Wickenburg Ranch (very far), Quintero, and Estrella to name a few.

If you are playing in July, you shouldn't be playing Papago. That is your opportunity to play a Wekopa Saguaro, Troon Pinnacle, Grayhawk, Verde River, or TPC Stadium (if you want nostalgic) for very inexpensively.

@echico will concur!

Any specific preferences between We-Ko-Pa Saguaro or Troon Pinnacle? Will only be able to get in 1 round in May and I am between those 2 courses. Staying near downtown, so distance is similar for both courses.

Any specific preferences between We-Ko-Pa Saguaro or Troon Pinnacle? Will only be able to get in 1 round in May and I am between those 2 courses. Staying near downtown, so distance is similar for both courses.
I prefer to play We-Ko-Pa Saguaro but Troon Pinnacle would be slightly more scenic. Opinions will vary and both are great.

Papago is a really great "muni". It definitely not a stereotypical muni course. It's home of the ASU golf team and a really fun course to play. The heat of summer just mean that the rate will be reasonable.

I'd probably skip Talking Stick as there are much better options.

I put a list together of other courses in the area. https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...a-golf-courses-top-25-open-to-public.8917393/

If you have to play it because of the PGA tour then TPC Stadium will be reasonable. Not the best golf but if you want the experience.
Around Camelback/Scottsdale then Camelback Ambiente, both Grayhawk courses, and TPC are your best bets. If you want to venture out then Wekopa (Saguaro is much better), Troon North (Pinnacle is better), and Verde River are reasonably close. Open it up more and that is where you will have Southern Dunes, both Verrado courses, Sterling Groves (new and I hear great things), Wickenburg Ranch (very far), Quintero, and Estrella to name a few.
If you are playing in July, you shouldn't be playing Papago. That is your opportunity to play a Wekopa Saguaro, Troon Pinnacle, Grayhawk, Verde River, or TPC Stadium (if you want nostalgic) for very inexpensively.

@echico will concur!
Thanks for the input guys. There are definitely some courses I hadn't heard of or thought possible.

I prefer to play We-Ko-Pa Saguaro but Troon Pinnacle would be slightly more scenic. Opinions will vary and both are great.
I concur but both are great

Dude I still can't get on Sterling Grove. I even went as far as trying to book weeks out and most everything is taken.

Anyone in Tucson going to watch the Symetra Tour ladies this weekend at Sewailo?
I was thinking about checking it out either Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Anyone in Tucson going to watch the Symetra Tour ladies this weekend at Sewailo?
I was thinking about checking it out either Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
I think I will be going on Sunday. Went yesterday and will watch today. It's some great golf.

Dude I still can't get on Sterling Grove. I even went as far as trying to book weeks out and most everything is taken.
Your doing something wrong - There are literally hundreds of tee times. Just looked now and you could get on today or tomorrow if you wanted.

1618592436952.png

Your doing something wrong - There are literally hundreds of tee times. Just looked now and you could get on today or tomorrow if you wanted.

View attachment 9003489
Maybe they released some. Most everything I was seeing was well after 2.
Snowbirds are gone so that probably helps

Currently booked for We-Ko-Pa Saguaro on Monday, May 24 @ 8:00 AM if any locals want to sneak out for a round on a Monday morning. Looks like there are currently 2 spots available on the website. I can move to a different time near 8:00 AM if 3 people want to get out.

Any Phoenix guys have any "must-do" or restaurant recommendations for my trip in a few weeks? Not picky on food at all.

Any Phoenix guys have any "must-do" or restaurant recommendations for my trip in a few weeks? Not picky on food at all.

Depends where you are in the area - you need to be more specific, otherwise you may be travelling a long way. But here are a few:

Can't miss: Citizen Public House; Buck and Rider; Blue Adobe; AZ Wilderness; Cocina Madrigal, FnB; Cafe Monarch; Shinbay; Virtu;

Others: Roka Akor; Modern Oyster and Steak; Steak 44; Durants; J&G at the Phoenecian; Dominicks; Chelseas Kitchen; Mission; Sel; Grassroots; Twisted Grove; Elements

Back