Arizona THP Golf League

Does anyone want a free Ping golf bag? I can bring to Tucson event or a future event. It is a 14 way top cart bag. If not, I will give to a charity close by.image.jpg

This event will be all about keeping the ball in the fairways and short game. So who is the favorite?

This event will be all about keeping the ball in the fairways and short game. So who is the favorite?
One of the single digit guys wins net on this tight layout, I think. My guess is @AzBirdgang

A reminder to AZ National participants that if you are interested in the Skins Pot and have not yet paid, please send $10 via Venmo (@AZTHP) before your tee time - - thanks!

Enjoy Arizona National GC...I absolutely hate having to miss this one, especially since the course is about 15 minutes from my place!!

Game day.
0020C5DA-FE85-4F17-A67F-3018D1743D8E.jpeg

C42EB41F-47BD-4069-96F3-5B15DEBD68C4.jpeg

CDB80784-FED8-4B21-8951-3377496F3B76.jpeg

8D833BAB-FE95-4E12-94D1-B9894AE227FA.jpeg

I'm glad we are squaring off in October to give us Texans time to get our games back together.

Great day with great weather. Unfortunately there was a non league group that significantly affected pace of play. But I couldn’t be happier to play with these guys.

That course was challenging but the views are hard to beat.

Thanks guys for coming out and making another great event.

Was not a fan of the course. That non league group was ridiculous. After the starter had to give us a 30 minute lecture on the gate system and how great the conditions were I was underwhelmed. There is no desert golf there because they have so many plants that there was no shot if you were not in the fairway. If you found your ball there was no logical place to take an unplayable. The were so many gimmicky holes. The greens were nice but everything else about that place was sub par....including the conditions the starter raved about. The par 5 11th is in the top 5 of the dumbest holes I have played in Arizona. Over 600 from the blues to 477 from the whites. Oh but you can't see the fairway or the group in front of you.

We caught that slow group at 12 where a lady hit a shank OB then put another ball on the tee, whiffed 4 times then shanked the next one OB. They saw us then skipped the hole. We then played out and got to the tee at 13 where they were 100 yds out looking for balls in the desert. They told use we could go and we all hit our tee balls over their carts. Unreal, the only time we saw a ranger was the next hole where he asked if we were having a good time. Horrible.

We played the first 6 holes in two hours (behind the group) and the final 12 holes in just over 2 hours.....😂. I could see how that course may not be for everyone. Definitely one that must be played a few times before understanding where and where not to hit. For me, I enjoyed most holes. Overall a great day!

I hit my irons really well today, but those greens were no joke and messed up my scorecard. Most days I escape with one 3-putt and I had six today. I liked the course overall, but I didn’t like that I didn’t see a marshal. That group had no business on that golf course. I am all for growing the game, but they were sharing clubs and the hole they finally let us play through, I think the entire group was laying 7+ and were still 200 yards from the green and had to carry a ravine. That course is not meant for people that have never played and don’t own clubs.

Back