Arizona THP Golf League

Could you tell the greens were punched on Monday and Tuesday? So 4 days after they punched you played. I thought the greens were good but were slower than the week before.

Could you tell the greens were punched on Monday and Tuesday? So 4 days after they punched you played. I thought the greens were good but were slower than the week before.
They were slow and in a few spots bumpy, but honestly very good condition and I hardly notice they had been punched. They were slower than normal.

Nope...not a single gram of water vapor per cubic meter volume of air! Drank close to 164oz of liquid without a single drop of sweat.

You were sweating it just evaporated so fast you didn't notice lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All - Thanks for signing up for the team event. I can not get through a speech on Saturday so you can read through this before then. Like a wrote a few months ago, it was important that my wife and I donated the team trophies because over the last 7 months we could not have gone through everything without each other. On that note I had nothing to do with the planning of this event, the board has handled everything and it is important to really give them props for all that they do for the league. Getting tee times and dealing with some of you is a full time job. :ROFLMAO:

The charity of choice as @Roadrunner sent out is Ryan House. It is a hospice center dedicated to children. Our stay there was brief but we are forever grateful for everything that they provided. Since our time there my wife and I have donated food, clothes, gift cards to local restaurants, toiletries, and toys for the children and their families as they stay. My wife and I were lucky as we could go there and spend time with our daughter and not really worry about the world continuing outside. There are families that can't do that. We feel for them and want to provide as much support for any child that spends time there so it will be a place that we will continue to help with donations. We are also still in contact with the NICU nurses at Mercy Gilbert hospital. I cannot even begin to describe the kindness and generosity they showed us during our 3 week stay there. I think I will leave it there as I don't want this to be too much of a downer. I appreciate everyone's kind words and condolences.

On to the event itself.

2 man best ball - play out to net double bogey.
There is a CTP prize for hole #11. Par 3. The first group out will leave a mark on the green and the last group picks up for a bottle of Crown Royal Peach.
2 trophies are at stake for league members. Each member of the winning team will get a trophy that they will keep until next year's team event.
The trophies have a lid so be careful if you win, it does come loose. I have the boxes and Styrofoam they came in so don't worry about transporting them.
It is gonna be hot, there is bottled water on holes 1, 3, 6, 10, 13, and 16. Take advantage of the bottled water. Also keep pace moving as 4:30 is not good in excessive heat warnings.
The course is in good shape. They punched the greens last week but you could not see the punches 4 days after they did it.
Have fun out there and stay out of the desert.

On to the event itself.

2 man best ball - play out to net double bogey.
There is a CTP prize for hole #11. Par 3. The first group out will leave a mark on the green and the last group picks up for a bottle of Crown Royal Peach.
2 trophies are at stake for league members. Each member of the winning team will get a trophy that they will keep until next year's team event.
The trophies have a lid so be careful if you win, it does come loose. I have the boxes and Styrofoam they came in so don't worry about transporting them.
It is gonna be hot, there is bottled water on holes 1, 3, 6, 10, 13, and 16. Take advantage of the bottled water. Also keep pace moving as 4:30 is not good in excessive heat warnings.
The course is in good shape. They punched the greens last week but you could not see the punches 4 days after they did it.

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to make a HIO on 11, could the bottle be opened immediately and consumed during the round. Hypothetically speaking.

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to make a HIO on 11, could the bottle be opened immediately and consumed during the round. Hypothetically speaking.
As long as the bottle is not in @robrandalgz cart, then that is theoretically possible.

Just a reminder to Southern Dunes participants to get your skins/HIO pot money in prior to your tee time on Saturday. More importantly, send in a donation to Ryan House if you can: please read the above post by @echico to understand how much Ryan House means to Ricardo and his wife. Thanks!!

Venmo: @AZTHP

Also, any money that I win this weekend goes straight to Ryan House, including Hole-In-One pot money (currently at $400). If anyone wants to do the same, let me know and I’ll note it - thanks!

Also, any money that I win this weekend goes straight to Ryan House, including Hole-In-One pot money (currently at $400). If anyone wants to do the same, let me know and I’ll note it - thanks!
Yes. All of my skins winnings go to Ryan House. HIO.....I know how these boys like to imbibe, so I may need to use a little of that pot before donating the rest. :ROFLMAO:

Yes. All of my skins winnings go to Ryan House. HIO.....I know how these boys like to imbibe, so I may need to use a little of that pot before donating the rest. :ROFLMAO:
Ah, very good point. lol

Same here please! Thx James

I will be donating any skins....thanks

I will donate any skins or HiO money to Ryan House. I will not donate the Crown Royal.

Uh oh, with the state of my game right now I may have to use putter for every shot to accomplish this goal. I'm apologizing to @Wildcat4life in advance!!

Back