Arizona THP Golf League

Wildcat

#TeamBlake '23 and '24 Quest Cup
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 2.6
For those Arizona golfers looking to join a league or looking for another league to join.....this is your opportunity. The AZ THP community is starting a golf club.

View attachment 8943072
The goal is to have one outing at an AZ course each month (including Phx, Tucson, Flagstaff and other areas as we deem appropriate). Currently shooting for 3rd Sunday of every month but subject to change. This will take some time to get started. What we need to get started:

#1 Members (please post in this thread if interested)
#2 Bylaws (see draft below)
#3 Schedule

Most outings will be a skins game with both gross/net scores. We will also have a League Championship at the end of the year that will be both gross and net.

Requirements to join:

Be an Albatross Club Member on THP
AZGA GHIN (this will be covered by league dues)
If you do not reside in AZ but would like to participate in an outing, THP Albatross Club Members are welcome to particpate as long as they have a GHIN or Grint

Membership will be $50 annually which will cover - AZGA membership, small contribution to St. Jude and a league championship party.

Members will cover their own green fees (should be discounted) and entry fees to any skins game during that event.

I will update this first post with the following as we go:

Members:
@Wildcat4life
@oumagic
@mtbloco
@MagicSpell
@Doubleb21
@TommyTomas
@Roadrunner
@sweetnlow5
@jjjgolf500
@echico
@robrandalgz
@Tee/Ski
@dhorist2319
@30mm danger close
@BigMac
@Junior Soprano
@sourmash
@azrsx
@MSEASU
@tanker337
@AzBirdgang
@ProV1
@patricko
@Jtubb17
@James' Brother
@Mmillz
@AZ_golfer
@bigdaddyfrie321

Current Event:

January - Power Ranch

1673370621532.png

Schedule:

February - Sewailo Golf Club

League issues should NOT be directed at THP owners or moderators. The AZ THP golf club are considered unofficial events.

Last edited:
Tee Times for Sat 5/22 @ Robson Ranch
As of Sunday, May 16

Results

Spoiler

June 20, 2020 @ Sewailo: Low Net: @Roadrunner. Gross skins and net skins
July 20, 2020 @ Whirlwind Cattail: Team comp: @ProV1 + @Stribs
August 22, 2020 @ Oakcreek CC: Low Net: @MagicSpell. Net and gross skins
September 20, 2020 @ We-Ko-Pa Saguaro: Low Net: @ProV1 Net skins and gross skins
October 18, 2020 @ Poston Butte: Low Net: @echico, Net skins and gross skins
November 21, 2020 @ Sewailo: Low Net, Low Gross, and 2020 Club Champ: @Doubleb21, Net Skins and Gross Skins
December 13, 2020 @ The Preserve (Tucson): Low Net: @Wildcat4life
January 16, 2021 @ Verrado - Victory: Low Net: @jjjgolf500, Net Skins and Gross Skins
February 20, 2021 @ AZ National: Low Net: @Wildcat4life, Net and Gross skins
March 20, 2021 @ Grand Canyon University: Low Net: @phoffer, Net and Gross skins
April 17, 2021 @ Starr Pass: Low Net: @AzGolfer, Net and gross skins

League Rules / Q&A
Questions link to the source post for decision
Club goals: have fun, keep up with pace of play and the rules should be reasonable
Spoiler

Last edited:
I'm game.

I will join and it sounds fun. If we already have GHIN, we can use the same number or do we have two GHIN numbers?

I will join and it sounds fun. If we already have GHIN, we can use the same number or do we have two GHIN numbers?

Keep same number and league name will be added to your current GHIN

I'm in! Sign me up and take my $$...

I'm in! Sign me up and take my $$...
don't worry, he will take all of our money. At least he's going to throw us a party from time to time. :p

Man with that roster I'm tempted to join just to support you guys lol. Fun idea!

Man with that roster I'm tempted to join just to support you guys lol. Fun idea!

Become a snowbird and join us for some "winter" rounds.

Haha well sounds like I need to move to Arizona! Golf with THPers once a year is fun every week...

I have researched what we will need to do. The first is to get at least ten members so let's get the word out.

Next are bylaws. I have created the following draft below (let me know your thoughts):

ARIZONA THP GOLF CLUB

CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS

Article I - NAME

The name of this golf club shall be Arizona THP Golf Club (or “ATGC”).

Article II - PURPOSE

FIRST:
To stimulate interest in golf for the state of Arizona by bringing together a group of golfers desirous of forming a golfing organization.

SECOND: To promote and foster among the members a closer bond and fraternity for their joint and mutual benefit, and to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf as embodied in its ancient and honorable traditions.

THIRD: To encourage conformance to the Rules of Golf by creating a representative authority.

FOURTH: To maintain a uniform system of handicapping as set forth in the USGA Handicap System™ and issue an AZGA/USGA Handicap Index to each of its members.

FIFTH: To provide an authoritative body to govern and conduct club competitions and functions.

Article III - MEMBERSHIP

Section 1.
Membership shall be available to (all men/women of any age). There shall be a least 10 members.

Section 2. Memberships in the club are individual and non-transferable.

Section 3. Only golfers with a reasonable and regular opportunity to play golf with fellow members and who can personally return scores for posting may be members and receive an AZGA/USGA Handicap Index from the club.

Section 4. Membership confers no voice in the operation of any golf courses, clubhouses nor any facilities of the courses.

Section 5. Membership confers no special privileges in connection with any golf course.

Section 6. Memberships in the club are for a calendar year only, with all memberships expiring on December 31 of each year.

Section 7. The fiscal year for the club will be January 1st through December 31st.

Section 8. Each candidate for membership shall be an Albatross Club Member on the website www.thehackersparadise.com and reside in the state of Arizona for at least 15 days. The Board of Directors shall have the authority to disqualify any candidate and two negative votes shall disqualify any candidate.

Section 9. The Board of Directors may confer honorary memberships upon those whom they feel have contributed to the advancement of golf. The unanimous affirmative vote of the Board shall be required to approve such action.

Section 10. In the event that any member of the club shall commit any act which reflects discredit or disrepute thereon or shall refuse or neglect to comply with the rules and regulations adopted by the Board of Directors or the duly appointed officers, such member shall be subject to suspension or expulsion after (ten days) written notice and the right to be heard, by a vote of two-thirds of the Board of Directors at any regular meeting or special meeting called for such purpose.

Section 11. The annual meeting of the ATGC shall be held on the third Sunday in the month of October. The Board of Directors shall provide for the holding of such other meetings as may be deemed necessary or desirable, and they shall call special meetings upon written petition signed by not less than twenty percent of the membership.

Section 12. A legal quorum at any meeting shall be (twenty percent) of the members present in person or by proxy. Each active member in good standing shall be entitled to one vote.

Section 13. All membership fees and dues shall be established by the Board of Directors from time to time in such amounts as they deem to be adequate to operate and maintain the club. Members shall be liable for dues until their (written resignation has been received and accepted). All monies collected shall accrue to the benefit of the membership.

Article IV - BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Section 1.
The Board of Directors shall consist of five members in good standing of the ATGC and they shall exercise all powers of management of the club not specifically excepted by these By-Laws. (The Board of Directors may include personnel from a golf course or company associated with the club.)

Section 2. At least five weeks prior to the Annual Meeting, the Board of Directors shall appoint a nominating committee consisting of five members of the organization. At least four weeks prior to the Annual Meeting, this committee shall submit to the Board and shall post a list of nominees to fill any vacancies for the term of office beginning on the day of the meeting. Names of other members in good standing may be nominated by petition signed by a least (ten percent) of the members and submitted to the Board at least two weeks prior to the Annual Meeting. At least one week prior to the Annual Meeting, a list of all candidates nominated shall be distributed to each member via appropriate means and a copy of such list shall be post.

Section 3. Voting shall be via private message and those names receiving the greatest number of votes cast shall be declared to be elected. The Board shall appoint a committee of three judges who are not members of the Board or candidates for election to supervise the election.

Section 4. The Board of Directors shall meet at such times and places as they may select and a majority of the Board shall constitute a quorum at any meeting.

Section 5. In the case of any vacancy through death, resignation, disqualification or other cause, the remaining directors, even though less than a quorum, may elect a successor by majority vote to hold office for the unexpired term of the director whose place shall be vacant, and until the election of his successor.

Article V - OFFICERS AND COMMITTEES

Section 1.
Within ten days after the annual meeting and election, the Board of Directors shall meet and elect the officers.

Section 2. The officers shall consist of president, vice-president, and treasurer and their duties shall be such as their titles would indicate or such as may be assigned to them respectively from time to time.

Section 3. The Board of Directors shall authorize and define the powers and duties of all committees. Chairs and members of all committees shall be appointed by the president, and the president shall be an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.

Section 4. The following committees shall be appointed each year, with such other committees, as the president may deem necessary or advisable: Tournament Committee to arrange and schedule with the management of any golf course as necessary, and conduct all intra-club and inter-club competitions. Handicap Committee composed primarily of members with the responsibility to establish a fair and proper system of handicaps in accordance with procedures set forth in The USGA Handicap System Manual and requirements of the Arizona Golf Association. Membership Committee to investigate and act upon all applications for membership and to recommend appropriate action to the Board of Directors. Social Committee to encourage and arrange social entertainment features and events for special occasions.

Article VI - AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS

Section 1. The Board of Directors shall have the power to repeal or amend any of these By-Laws provided that such action shall not be effective until approved by a majority vote of the members of ATGC at a meeting held in accordance with the provisions contained herein.

Last edited:

Hey, would you all like to play some regular golf with a bunch of THPers? If you haven't seen this thread, I hope you all consider joining the Arizona THP Golf League

@tanker337 @Snowman @fupresti @MSEASU @echico @tucsoncacti @azrsx @sourmash

We'd love all to have everyone join. If I missed you in the call out, that is a simple oversight on my part. I just did a quick run down of the Arizona THP that have posed in the local thread and listed their location as AZ.

I'm in.....not sure if I can make all events but I should be able to hit most.

Question.....so we will join via Az ghon site correct? And look up this group?

I'm in.....not sure if I can make all events but I should be able to hit most.

Question.....so we will join via Az ghon site correct? And look up this group?

No need to make every event. The more members we have the better for consistent turnout.

Not yet. I have not officially sent in the paperwork yet. Need more members first. I will let everyone know when it is filed.

Great to have you.

As @Wildcat4life mentioned earlier, annual dues are $50. We have a Venmo account already set up for the league: AZTHP. There are no fees if you pay directly from your checking account or debit card; there is a fee for credit card transactions.

Can’t wait to see all of the AZ THP gang out on the course!!

I am in. Thanks Patrick

Don't forget your Albatross Club membership. Here are the details.

Are you trying to get events in this year or starting next year?

knowing this crew....as soon as we get the paperwork complete, we'll start having events. THis would be a partial year to get the ball rolling.

Also, I'm lobbying to have some "Phoenix area" events at your "home course" Southern Dunes.

Back