Arizona THP Golf League

20210116_140727.jpg

@Roadrunner had to skip the event this month but he was with us in spirit. We missed you James. Love ya, brother.

Verrado skins have been paid out...be sure to invest those winnings in MegaMillions/Powerball!! 💰💰💰

Is our GHIN number also a WHS number? I used the grint in the past, but I think it requires a WHS number. If I can't use grint, where do most people post?

Is our GHIN number also a WHS number? I used the grint in the past, but I think it requires a WHS number. If I can't use grint, where do most people post?
Our GHIN number should use the new WHS system. One thing we have discovered is that the Grint has some discrepancies on course slope/ratings when compared to AGA GHIN. so as a league we defer to the AGA GHIN numbers for calculated our caps. I stopped using GRint and use the AGA GHIN app to post scores.

I post on the GHIN app but to answer your question: Yes your GHIN is a WHS number. You can continue to use the Grint and pay a fee (unless you want it to just track a "range" of your handicap) or just use the GHIN app.

Azgolf.org has an app. That is where I post

Thanks everyone. Plenty of options!

Next League Event.... Arizona National, Tucson AZ. Saturday Feb. 20th. $75/player

Please fill out the poll if you can attend.

I added the option in the poll to select tee boxes...but I personally feel we should choose a single tee box that we all play. While I voted white, I'll play blues without reservation.

Thanks for doing the poll @mtbloco!

I need to give AZ national a few weeks notice for the count. Amazing course on the eastside of Tucson. Some of the nicest views around. This is a challenging course and when we played a few weeks ago the course is in great shape. Number 18 tee should be played from the upper tee box it is awesome.

I voted white, but if we're all playing the same box blue is the answer.

Saturday February 20th.

Based on the current poll standings (7 to 7) we think that playing a modified Combo set of tees will be the most fun for everyone. This is a difficult course. The modified tees gets us all playing the same set of tees and better balances long and short knockers. The course, IMO, does not have an intelligent combo tee option. They offer the front 9 from blue with the back 9 from white. Instead I put together what a blue / white combo would be if we played the hardest rated holes from white with the easier from blue. Additionally, the tips on 18 is an experience that should not be missed, so we are adding that to the mix. The green boxes highlight the combo tees that we will play at this event. @Doubleb21 is going to grab a set of scorecards to highlight the combo tee we will play.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 9.15.36 AM.png

For the sake of calculating course handicap, we will use the course Blue/White combo ratings, even though this is not "correct". I hope everyone agrees that this is a fair and fun way to run the league.

If you plan to attend and have not yet responded to the poll please do. we use the poll when we finalize tee times with the course. If you don't speak up, now, you may not get a slot.

AITA? - lol

So my wife will be out of town from 2/3 to 2/17. She will be flying in on 2/17 and I will pick her up. Is this where I should pull out of 2/20 event since she will have exposure to a lot of people then potentially expose me. Just want to get your thoughts on this.

AITA? - lol

So my wife will be out of town from 2/3 to 2/17. She will be flying in on 2/17 and I will pick her up. Is this where I should pull out of 2/20 event since she will have exposure to a lot of people then potentially expose me. Just want to get your thoughts on this.
For me I don’t see it as an issue. Anyone could potentially be exposed at any time and bring it to league.

@tucsoncacti and I will be vaccinated by then. So we’re willing to share a cart with you.
Obviously if you or your wife develops a fever then we reassess things.

@echico AFAIC no symptoms, no problem

Asymptomatic then I say play. If it makes you feel uncomfortable than no one is going to be mad at you for it. Entirely up to you @echico

Back