Arizona THP Golf League

I was certain I was going to make Verrado, and then my backup coworker left to take a travel assignment. I would really love to make AZ natl, but it’s a long shot. If there’s a slot available and I can make it I’ll let @tucsoncacti know. I’m really hoping to make GCU 3/20...
We have plenty of slots open for AZ National. Just let me know. Even day of is fine.

You guys have anything going on between may 5 and may 14 that I can fill a slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys have anything going on between may 5 and may 14 that I can fill a slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 22nd is the date for our league. I am sure you can get the Phx guys to go out and play when you are here!

Man, you guys have gone ice cold. Time to stir the pot. @oumagic, @TommyTomas, @Perz27 Ya'all better bring it next weekend. I'll have been on a two week hiatus from the time we play and if I beat ANY ONE of you guys (net) you're going to look like such a b*tch. Bring it, boys!

@robrandalgz it is nice to know that you can still think and talk about golf while taking a break from shoveling snow off your driveway. I look forward to seeing you next weekend!

1 week away here is the address. Give yourself enough time as you have to cut through town and this is not Phx we don’t have a cross town freeway lol!

AZ National
9777 E Sabino Springs Dr
Tucson AZ 85749
520-749-4089

1 week away here is the address. Give yourself enough time as you have to cut through town and this is not Phx we don’t have a cross town freeway lol!

AZ National
9777 E Sabino Springs Dr
Tucson AZ 85749
520-749-4089
I just posted 6 pars and a birdie. Watch out, I’m coming to take your money!

Can’t let @robrandalgz be the only one talking trash before next week. It’s cold enough where he lives on Hoth.

I just posted 6 pars and a birdie. Watch out, I’m coming to take your money!

Can’t let @robrandalgz be the only one talking trash before next week. It’s cold enough where he lives on Hoth.
And yes @MSEASU i posted that score. It did not affect my index.

Damn it takes longer to get from 10 to the golf course then it takes to get from Gilbert to Tucson. Google even told me that I have to use a horse and buggy once I get off of the freeway.

Damn it takes longer to get from 10 to the golf course then it takes to get from Gilbert to Tucson. Google even told me that I have to use a horse and buggy once I get off of the freeway.

AZ National
9777 E Sabino Springs Dr
Tucson AZ 85749
520-749-4089
I think it's E Sabino Greens Dr. instead of Springs Dr., no?

@robrandalgz it is nice to know that you can still think and talk about golf while taking a break from shoveling snow off your driveway. I look forward to seeing you next weekend!

20210214_072257.jpg

Good morning.🤬

It is a good thing you like stuff like that. Sunny and mid 50s here in Oak Creek today.

We're playing Sedona Golf Resort on Saturday. When we played there last Saturday, we saw a family of 3 bobcats on the 15th fairway lounging in the sun. Supposed to be in the low 60s this weekend. FWIW, we should have the guest room painted and furnished later this week...

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, my buddy is out in Tucson and will be playing a tournament at Dove Mountain this weekend. He played at Tucson National yesterday on the Sonoran course and shot a 62 his first time on it. He may try to play the other course but was wondering what another good challenging course would be. Though I would reach out to you guys to get your input.

Thanks,

Hey guys, my buddy is out in Tucson and will be playing a tournament at Dove Mountain this weekend. He played at Tucson National yesterday on the Sonoran course and shot a 62 his first time on it. He may try to play the other course but was wondering what another good challenging course would be. Though I would reach out to you guys to get your input.

Thanks,

The Catalina course is better than Sonoran in my opinion at Tucson National.

I would also say Sewailo is an excellent option. Though maybe tough getting a tee time since they are hosting the Colonguard Classic Qualifier this week.

Starrpass will get him ready for Dove Mountain for sure.

Thanks,
Sewailo is our league home course and I would give that a try. It is the home course for University of Arizona and they have various tee boxes there to challenge golfers of all skill levels

Sewailo is our league home course and I would give that a try. It is the home course for University of Arizona and they have various tee boxes there to challenge golfers of all skill levels
Thanks, he looked at it and likes it. Said he's going to see if he can try to play around 1:30-2 if any of you are free and feel like playing. He's fun to watch as he's a near tour caliber player and doesn't mind playing with higher handicaps unlike a lot of really good players.

Thanks, he looked at it and likes it. Said he's going to see if he can try to play around 1:30-2 if any of you are free and feel like playing. He's fun to watch as he's a near tour caliber player and doesn't mind playing with higher handicaps unlike a lot of really good players.
I am up in the Phoenix area and can't make it down there this week. Some of the Tucson guys might see this and be available.

Thanks, he looked at it and likes it. Said he's going to see if he can try to play around 1:30-2 if any of you are free and feel l
I am up in the Phoenix area and can't make it down there this week. Some of the Tucson guys might see this and be available.
I PMed @Raiderboost. I think I may be able to work something out. I rarely turn down hosting a golf outing at Sewailo.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

PM’d you his name and number.

20210216_141333.jpg20210216_141340.jpg

Introducing the Team Championship trophies to the league. Each member of the winning team will get a trophy. This year the event will be at Southern Dunes on June 19th.

I have given some details of Sophia's passing earlier in this thread. Losing a child has been extremely difficult as anyone can imagine. The most important thing as we went through this ordeal was that my wife and I were a solid team. We did not agree on everything all the time, but we allowed each other to break down and were there to pick each other up. Through reflection in one of my sleepless nights I thought of doing this trophy for the team championship to honor Sophia but also to remind me of what I still have. A solid team doesn't have to be perfect but they do have to work with each other.

With everyone in the league being an Albatross member you have already donated to a wonderful children's charity (excellent choice @JB and @GolferGal). If you want to help a local charity I suggest Ryan House which is part of PCH and Hospice of the Valley. Whenever my wife and I go to Costco we pick up individually wrapped snacks for families that stay with kids in hospice. We also go get gift cards from local restaurants (Zipps, Starbucks, Jimmy John's) so families can walk to get a bite to eat. A lot of the families that have a child in hospice care do not have the means to go out to eat during their stay so every little bit helps.

At the very least everyone should use smile.amazon.com to shop on Amazon and donate to their favorite charity. It costs you nothing but I had never heard of it until we talked to the nurses on how we can help.

Last edited:
View attachment 8993776View attachment 8993777

Introducing the Team Championship trophies to the league. Each member of the winning team will get a trophy. This year the event will be at Southern Dunes on June 19th.

I have given some details of Sophia's passing earlier in this thread. Losing a child has been an extremely difficult as anyone can imagine. The most important thing as we went through this ordeal was that my wife and I were a solid team. We did not agree on everything all the time, but we allowed each other break down and were there to pick each other up. Through reflection in one of my sleepless nights I thought of doing this trophy for the team championship to honor Sophia but also to remind me of what I still have. A solid team doesn't have to be perfect but they do have to work with each other.

With everyone in the league being an Albatross member you have already donated to a wonderful children's charity (excellent choice @JB and @GolferGal). If you want to help a local charity I suggest Ryan House which is part of PCH and Hospice of the Valley. Whenever my wife and I go to Costco we pick up individually wrapped snacks for families that stay with kids in hospice. We also go get gift cards from local restaurants (Zipps, Starbucks, Jimmy John's) so families can walk to get a bite to eat. A lot of the families that have a child in hospice care do not have the means to go out to eat during their stay so every little bit helps.

At the very least everyone should use smile.amazon.com to shop on Amazon and donate to their favorite charity. It costs you nothing but I had never heard of it until we talked to the nurses on how we can help.

This is AMAZING!!!! They came out so well. The Other Major.

I know the guys want to make a sizable donation to PCH, so we will make it to the Ryan House the week of the outing.

I know this has been rough for you and your wife but I know the guys will be here for anything you need. I hope this helps.

Very nice @echico! I look forward to the event.

Not going to lie. I want one of those trophies (for more reasons than one).

Back