Arizona THP Golf League

I had a great time today. It is always fun playing with this league. Looking forward to the next event!

Saw this on the drive home. Not my picture

no-pity-for-the-kitty.jpg

Calming my nerves after drive home.

16138684804737736220054243209449.jpg

54737842-9031-4E76-B1C1-33891DE7D11C.jpeg
The Coin is in a good place. Where it always belonged.

@robrandalgz
Notice the shoes match the shirt
View attachment 8994378
Not noticeable in that picture is the fact that I'm holding that pose for a drive that dribbled about 15 yards. :cool:

And just a public safety announcement. STAY AWAY from the clubhouse deck when I'm hitting my approach on 18. Your life is in danger up there. 😬

Here are a few pics I took yesterday great to see everyone.
E0A5CFA7-A76B-4C57-8B48-DAE65AD930F8.jpeg68C7E73C-E947-4259-AE4E-4ADEDF79EE54.jpegBB2D8593-C804-4E09-B10F-9C8B4FF3CF4E.jpegBF410427-02B0-4E6B-946C-8A01F936074A.jpegEEDDCA69-5655-42B6-9E20-1B09ABCF693F.jpeg8BD4C6DE-0015-41EB-B0AC-AEC584DE6A39.jpeg6155F3E7-027F-463A-B29E-AEBD58982AD0.jpeg9EBCEBF0-D0E6-42F7-A2FB-EDD11EC598CE.jpeg08B8DF9F-F6C8-4AA9-9A0F-F4E54B9AE223.jpeg

Fun day and you just could not ask for better weather! Tough course for sure will go back again!

Here are the skins winners!

Gross skins winners

@sourmash hole 1

@Wildcat4life holes 4-10-12
@Doubleb21 hole 8
@AzBirdgang hole 11

@oumagic hole 15

Net skins winners

@sourmash holes 1-3-6
@echico hole 5
@Wildcat4life hole 12
@mtbloco hole 13
@oumagic hole 15

Great job all congratulations! Looking forward to next month.

Small update to the skins

@MSEASU & @jjjgolf500 were not in the skins this week

On the net @sourmash won hole 4 not 3

@robrandalgz wins hole 3

I'll take it on next month. Don't be surprised if I'm calling you for help.

@mtbloco made it easy and we can adjust. Once my wife saved it for me LMAO it was easy to work in.

AZ National skins have been paid out. Onward to GCU...

@mtbloco made it easy and we can adjust. Once my wife saved it for me LMAO it was easy to work in.
I’ll get the online version updated. The add permissions to edit so it’s all in one place.

@robrandalgz, I’ll need your email address. And send you the permission soon email / link to the spreadsheet .

Last edited:
Now that I had a day to digest yesterday, I wanted to post up my thoughts on the day. This is group of guys (someday hopefully women too) are a ton of fun to play golf with and share the day. I didn't play up to my potential for most of the round. I rushed myself and as a result created some very poor swings. When I did manage to slow myself and execute my proper tempo, alignment failures resulted in watching some beautifully struck golf balls fly high off into the desert. Arizona National is a course that with eat you alive with a game like that.

From the photos I posed here and in the Live round, the beauty of the Sonoran desert surrounds you on this course, as it's perched on the side of the Catalina mountains. The Tucson desert is wild, rugged, and lush. Resulting in a course that has wide open views, but you better keep your ball on the green stuff. I felt the conditions were very good.

I ahd a pleasure of teeing it up with @Wildcat4life and @jjjgolf500. "Thankfully" due to the the slow play of the group in front of us, we had a lot of time to talk and just hang out while we played. I got to sit back as witness some really good golf being played but each of them. The modified comb tees that we played and course layout took driver out of @jjjgolf500's hands most of the day, so he played position target golf all day. listening to him and chris break down each hole was neat. Then there was the short game clinic these guys gave me without knowing it.

there was one particular par three that I was the only one to hit the green. Jimmy gets up and down out fo the sand and Chris chips in from 3 yards off the back to steal the magic from my "boring" two putt par/net birdie, dashing any hope that I might win a skin on that GIR. Thank fully later in the round I put together a complete hole on 13. good drive, and approach that just missed the green. I have a good chip out of the collection area to 5 ft. and sunk the pressure packed 5 footer for par /net-eagle.

Another highlight of my day was watching my Ben Hogan clubs star. Since we had time to kill on the tee box at #6, The group behind got to take some demo swings with my 8i. They backed up to a tee box that we were not playing in league and four of them took a rip at the par three green. I think they all came away very impressed by the feel and looks. Maybe the newly elected Sheriff will be picking up a set soon. :unsure:

@Doubleb21 thanks for getting the league to play this course and a really great rate for prime season golf! Even with the crazy layout of #11...I want to return to this course.

Had a lot of laughs with @Perz27, @TommyTomas, and @oumagic (almost all at my expense). First time playing with Patrick and I had a blast. That guys laugh is contagious! Can't wait to tee it up with him again.

Back