Arizona THP Golf League

Now that I had a day to digest yesterday, I wanted to post up my thoughts on the day. This is group of guys (someday hopefully women too) are a ton of fun to play golf with and share the day. I didn't play up to my potential for most of the round. I rushed myself and as a result created some very poor swings. When I did manage to slow myself and execute my proper tempo, alignment failures resulted in watching some beautifully struck golf balls fly high off into the desert. Arizona National is a course that with eat you alive with a game like that.

From the photos I posed here and in the Live round, the beauty of the Sonoran desert surrounds you on this course, as it's perched on the side of the Catalina mountains. The Tucson desert is wild, rugged, and lush. Resulting in a course that has wide open views, but you better keep your ball on the green stuff. I felt the conditions were very good.

I ahd a pleasure of teeing it up with @Wildcat4life and @jjjgolf500. "Thankfully" due to the the slow play of the group in front of us, we had a lot of time to talk and just hang out while we played. I got to sit back as witness some really good golf being played but each of them. The modified comb tees that we played and course layout took driver out of @jjjgolf500's hands most of the day, so he played position target golf all day. listening to him and chris break down each hole was neat. Then there was the short game clinic these guys gave me without knowing it.

there was one particular par three that I was the only one to hit the green. Jimmy gets up and down out fo the sand and Chris chips in from 3 yards off the back to steal the magic from my "boring" two putt par/net birdie, dashing any hope that I might win a skin on that GIR. Thank fully later in the round I put together a complete hole on 13. good drive, and approach that just missed the green. I have a good chip out of the collection area to 5 ft. and sunk the pressure packed 5 footer for par /net-eagle.

Another highlight of my day was watching my Ben Hogan clubs star. Since we had time to kill on the tee box at #6, The group behind got to take some demo swings with my 8i. They backed up to a tee box that we were not playing in league and four of them took a rip at the par three green. I think they all came away very impressed by the feel and looks. Maybe the newly elected Sheriff will be picking up a set soon. :unsure:

@Doubleb21 thanks for getting the league to play this course and a really great rate for prime season golf! Even with the crazy layout of #11...I want to return to this course.
Nice write up brother. And I agree, if you're not on your game, this course will at ya up. Still better than shoveling snow..............

Nice write up brother. And I agree, if you're not on your game, this course will at ya up. Still better than shoveling snow..............
skins sheet is all updated and has blank forms for the next few months. as we get closer, we can chat offline about how to use it. I'll keep adding edit permissions to the next volunteer as we work through the schedule.

skins sheet is all updated and has blank forms for the next few months. as we get closer, we can chat offline about how to use it. I'll keep adding edit permissions to the next volunteer as we work through the schedule.
Add this to the many ways that I love thee.......................👊

Now that I had a day to digest yesterday, I wanted to post up my thoughts on the day. This is group of guys (someday hopefully women too) are a ton of fun to play golf with and share the day. I didn't play up to my potential for most of the round. I rushed myself and as a result created some very poor swings. When I did manage to slow myself and execute my proper tempo, alignment failures resulted in watching some beautifully struck golf balls fly high off into the desert. Arizona National is a course that with eat you alive with a game like that.

From the photos I posed here and in the Live round, the beauty of the Sonoran desert surrounds you on this course, as it's perched on the side of the Catalina mountains. The Tucson desert is wild, rugged, and lush. Resulting in a course that has wide open views, but you better keep your ball on the green stuff. I felt the conditions were very good.

I ahd a pleasure of teeing it up with @Wildcat4life and @jjjgolf500. "Thankfully" due to the the slow play of the group in front of us, we had a lot of time to talk and just hang out while we played. I got to sit back as witness some really good golf being played but each of them. The modified comb tees that we played and course layout took driver out of @jjjgolf500's hands most of the day, so he played position target golf all day. listening to him and chris break down each hole was neat. Then there was the short game clinic these guys gave me without knowing it.

there was one particular par three that I was the only one to hit the green. Jimmy gets up and down out fo the sand and Chris chips in from 3 yards off the back to steal the magic from my "boring" two putt par/net birdie, dashing any hope that I might win a skin on that GIR. Thank fully later in the round I put together a complete hole on 13. good drive, and approach that just missed the green. I have a good chip out of the collection area to 5 ft. and sunk the pressure packed 5 footer for par /net-eagle.

Another highlight of my day was watching my Ben Hogan clubs star. Since we had time to kill on the tee box at #6, The group behind got to take some demo swings with my 8i. They backed up to a tee box that we were not playing in league and four of them took a rip at the par three green. I think they all came away very impressed by the feel and looks. Maybe the newly elected Sheriff will be picking up a set soon. :unsure:

@Doubleb21 thanks for getting the league to play this course and a really great rate for prime season golf! Even with the crazy layout of #11...I want to return to this course.

great review. sounds like I def missed out and this course would have kicked my a$$ lol. I'm looking forward in getting back out there for GCU

Two Major Champions just talking about golf.

D461E889-213A-454A-AB43-8B8BEC0A72B9.jpeg
I guess just one..... but thank you David Toms for being an awesome playing partner.

Who wants The Coin next? And where will it go? A Major Champion has held it as an honorary AZTHPer.

Poll for next month's league match.

GCU Sign up.

Saturday, March 20th - Grand Canyon University Golf Course ($89/player)

1597780918980.png

What's up Arizona THP!

Scheduling a golf trip from 4/22-4/26 in Scottsdale and curious if anyone wants to or is open to playing the 22nd and 23rd. I'm coming from the Bay Area and am open to anything you guys have out there. Playing THE PHOENICIAN GOLF CLUB and Whirlwinds Golf Club - Devil’s Claw that Saturday/Sunday. Any input on those 2 courses i'd greatly appreciate as well

Hoping to hear from you and maybe playing some golf with you as well

What's up Arizona THP!

Scheduling a golf trip from 4/22-4/26 in Scottsdale and curious if anyone wants to or is open to playing the 22nd and 23rd. I'm coming from the Bay Area and am open to anything you guys have out there. Playing THE PHOENICIAN GOLF CLUB and Whirlwinds Golf Club - Devil’s Claw that Saturday/Sunday. Any input on those 2 courses i'd greatly appreciate as well

:unsure::p

What's up Arizona THP!

I might/should be able to get out that Friday afternoon to play. If you’re interested.

I’m game! Would be another buddy of mine as well! Is that cool?
I'll see what I can do. two plus tee times maybe in order. So I can advance book. Otherwise I can get 10 advance booking for a 4 some.

I'll see what I can do. two plus tee times maybe in order. So I can advance book. Otherwise I can get 10 advance booking for a 4 some.
Looks like we at least have a solid foursome. (y)

I could be in for that Friday.

Back