Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

I agree that playing the absolute best courses is less of a concern than having a great time. For example, I'd rather not be stuck an hour of Austin (if that's the choice) just to play the #1 course instead of say the #4 course in the area. Find some fun courses and enjoy the entirety of the trip.

If TX can't find 12 or has a last minute drop out, I know a guy that could be available and is close enough to drive down. Just sayin'...

F... I’m “close enough to drive down” lol.

I’d prolly do it as well. Not for this AZ
Group that shunned its home in OH, but for probably anything else.

(Doesn’t deal with rejection well so goes back into his bunker....)

This is #1 on Apple Rock, it's awesome to watch tee balls fly on this one!

Nope! I’d still cold top one 50 yards if playing with THP’ers.

Set the bar low and then anything you do is a bonus.

That’s my game. Lol.

IMO we should try to play:

Falconhead - I think everyone familiar with ATX courses would agree this should be on the play list

Barton Lakeside - One of my groups here in San Antonio is able to book courses at the Barton Resort a couple time a year without having to stay at the resort so, if we can book this one it would be the perfect compliment to Falconhead.

Grey Rock or Avery Ranch - I haven't played either of these but I've heard plenty of good comments about both. I would suggest selecting the one that's closest to Falconhead and Lakeside.

I agree that playing the absolute best courses is less of a concern than having a great time. For example, I'd rather not be stuck an hour of Austin (if that's the choice) just to play the #1 course instead of say the #4 course in the area. Find some fun courses and enjoy the entirety of the trip.

Falcon head= cold top, 50 yards right rough.

Barton Lakeside= Cold top, 50 yards right rough.

Grey Rock/Avery Ranch= cold top, 51 yards left rough (they go longer when you pull them, lol!).

When it gets slightly closer, and we have firm dates, the buying power of 24+ tee times might get us a price break too. (A guy can dream)

Every course you all have posted look fantastic. I'm really looking forward to next year's trip.
I play in the Austin Skins League here locally and they play Wolfdancer once a month. They usually get on for around $55 with cart and range balls and tee off around noon. I don't know that we could get that low but less than $100 with that many. I need to talk to my sister as she might have a connection with club corp that could help out with Barton Creek.

I think a fun one for the history and being in a good spot to go downtown after or enjoy the lake would be Lions Municipal. I posted a video from the USGA about saving the course in the first thread about choosing where to go. I know a few weeks ago Sergio played out there with one of the local radio hosts. It is right there by Lake Austin and the Hula Hut and Abel's on the Lake which would be cool spots to grab a drink and hang out.

Is there public transportation? How much to rent a party bus for the weekend? We have plenty of time for one of our members to get their CDL.

Is there public transportation? How much to rent a party bus for the weekend? We have plenty of time for one of our members to get their CDL.

Get a CDL and forced to be DD....that's a tough pill to swallow. :ROFLMAO:

Public transpo is trash in Texas. I'm sure we can all stack in the bed of someone's pickup and go from there.

For Texas, I DO have a Crew Cab Pick up and I DO NOT drink so designated driver i am used to being..... @H8tobogie has ridden with me before so he can vouch

For Texas, I DO have a Crew Cab Pick up and I DO NOT drink so designated driver i am used to being..... @H8tobogie has ridden with me before so he can vouch
@H8tobogie has ridden with me too. Not sure what he would have to say about it. :giggle:

Now that is a brutal thought. If the cold doesn’t break ya the wind chill will.
As will the stench of manure added into it. :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been called a lot of things in my life....a great DD has not been one of them haha

Can attest @donny475 amd @badolds are DD approved. I’d give them both a 5 on Uber.

@Nate - I am willing to give you a chance as a DD as well! I have faith in you.

Gentlemen. This thread is 11 pages long and we have a year to go. This is going to be 🔥🔥 🔥!

I am refocused on Morgan Cup for the next couple of weeks but am looking forward to diving in to help this event be as good as we all hope it will be.

Gentlemen. This thread is 11 pages long and we have a year to go. This is going to be 🔥🔥 🔥!

I am refocused on Morgan Cup for the next couple of weeks but am looking forward to diving in to help this event be as good as we all hope it will be.
Yeah this is proof to me that we picked the right state.

As for the MC, have a blast! But no matter how great your hospitality for this match next year has been, I’m still all in for this Team Paradise.

Yeah this is proof to me that we picked the right state.

As for the MC, have a blast! But no matter how great your hospitality for this match next year has been, I’m still all in for this Team Paradise.
Yeah yeah blah blah.

Can attest @donny475 amd @badolds are DD approved. I’d give them both a 5 on Uber.

@Nate - I am willing to give you a chance as a DD as well! I have faith in you.
Ain't no way @Nate is signing up for DD duties....besides, isn't that what Uber is for....?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I might have seen their handicap index....
They are lower than us for sure. But we are a lot of mid HCs. Not really sure how that plays out. If we can take advantage of our pops and play steady then it will be interesting. I freaking love it though!!!!

From what I’m hearing we have a big decision. Stay downtown and hit some pretty awesome courses or stay at a resort town and hit some pretty awesome courses.

Back