Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

Put a couple of irons into the fire today to see what may come of it. Stay tuned.................

I've also started to reach out to courses.

I've also started to reach out to courses.
These were some private clubs (2) to see if they offered any guest play. One (UT golf club) already came back and said since their rate of play has gone up since COVID that they can only look at outings like this 2-4 weeks out. So no bueno there. Holding out hope for one other to see what they say.

These were some private clubs (2) to see if they offered any guest play. One (UT golf club) already came back and said since their rate of play has gone up since COVID that they can only look at outings like this 2-4 weeks out. So no bueno there. Holding out hope for one other to see what they say.
If any of them are private but Club Corp we've got a few member so might be able to host an event/outing. But I've seen the interest vary club by club.

I got a quote from Wolfdancer Golf Club. $128 per player (20% off). Texas guys is this a good price?

I got a quote from Wolfdancer Golf Club. $128 per player (20% off). Texas guys is this a good price?
I'll try reaching out to them. I play in the Austin Skins League and they get better than that. They are playing it here in a couple weeks for $75 and the highest I've seen there is $99 for them.

I'll try reaching out to them. I play in the Austin Skins League and they get better than that. They are playing it here in a couple weeks for $75 and the highest I've seen there is $99 for them.
Well, if you go out to their website, a 9am tee time for this Sunday is $160, and that's probably a winter rate. Drops to $145 at noon. I would see if they would use the $145 rate which would knock the price down to $117.

Well, if you go out to their website, a 9am tee time for this Sunday is $160, and that's probably a winter rate. Drops to $145 at noon. I would see if they would use the $145 rate which would knock the price down to $117.
I'm pretty sure I've played there once or twice for around $55

I put in for dates Oct 1-3 and Oct 8-10. Not sure when winter rates start.

I just looked at my old emails from the skins league and they got a rate of $55 at the end of September and $75 at the end of October.

I just looked at my old emails from the skins league and they got a rate of $55 at the end of September and $75 at the end of October.
What time of the day were you playing and was it on the weekends?

What time of the day were you playing and was it on the weekends?
Those were Sunday tee times. The one in September they started them at 1:00 and in October at 11:00

They do get a better rate because they go after the morning rush.

Almost into February boys....year is flying!
Yes it is. I'll be in Bastrop playing a tournament at Colovista Golf Club just a few miles away from Wolfdancer.

Sup Texas/Zona hopefuls. Hope the gawfing is going well. February is here!
Hope you're getting out more than I am, brother. I'm in the Frozen North of AZ. :rolleyes:

Sup Texas/Zona hopefuls. Hope the gawfing is going well. February is here!

Supposed to see the Doc today and hopefully i am out of this cast for good.....then maybe be able to get out. but i have been resifting the driver, getting new iron covers and looking at all the new pretty jewelry being released this past few weeks.....

Played a tournament in Bastrop and ended up having a couple drinks and eating with one of the pros out at Wolfdancer. He said he might be able to get it down to $99 for the green fees.

Supposed to see the Doc today and hopefully i am out of this cast for good.....then maybe be able to get out. but i have been resifting the driver, getting new iron covers and looking at all the new pretty jewelry being released this past few weeks.....
Iron covers? Maybe you can join team AZ. :p

Back