Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

lol, I'd be sleeping in my truck if that was the case
Thoughts are though that a lot or most people should be vaccinated by the end of summer.
I like it better with the contrasted yellow grass!!
You might not like hitting off those thin lies though lol. Winter golf around here is hard haha.

Wolfdancer was a very cool track. Pretty good hill country golf combined with some flats. Holes 1-12 take you on a elevation trip while 13-18 finishes you up with some flat holes but great tree lines. This would be worth the trip for the TX/AZ guys to play during the weekend.

Pano of the 12th hole, par 3. Below starts the 13-18 hole run.

B8DF6A76-B909-4747-A1BA-4060056F5DDB.jpeg

From what I'm reading it looks like we're good with Falcon and Wolfdancer thus far, great choices! Are we still trying to come up with a third course, or just play one of these twice?

From what I'm reading it looks like we're good with Falcon and Wolfdancer thus far, great choices! Are we still trying to come up with a third course, or just play one of these twice?
I think there was some talk about Barton Creek and whether we could get anything out there. That would be the only other place I would say might push these 2 courses out.

Should I set up Falcon and Wolfdancer for Saturday and Sunday?

Should I set up Falcon and Wolfdancer for Saturday and Sunday?
If anyone is planning on flying out Sunday then Wolfdancer might be a good choice for Sunday as the airport it that direction.

So I'm thinking of making some definite plans. Was going to send an email to the courses next couple of days but wanted to hear any negatives about these plans, especially from the Texas folks with more local knowledge.

Sept 24th - Avery Ranch Golf Club - 24 Tee Times ($100)
Sept 25th - Falconhead Golf Club - 24 Tee Times ($125)
Sept 26th - Wolf Dancer - 24 Tee Time ($128)

So I'm thinking of making some definite plans. Was going to send an email to the courses next couple of days but wanted to hear any negatives about these plans, especially from the Texas folks with more local knowledge.

Sept 24th - Avery Ranch Golf Club - 24 Tee Times ($100)
Sept 25th - Falconhead Golf Club - 24 Tee Times ($125)
Sept 26th - Wolf Dancer - 24 Tee Time ($128)
Can’t go wrong w/ that list!

Can’t go wrong w/ that list!
Agree. I am reaching out directly to Barton to see if we can supplant Avery with a better option. Then we can round out the weekend by finding a place to cheer on the Red Raiders that Saturday! (@Raiderboost)

This is how you do it right?

Agree. I am reaching out directly to Barton to see if we can supplant Avery with a better option. Then we can round out the weekend by finding a place to cheer on the Red Raiders that Saturday! (@Raiderboost)
Post WolfDancer for snacks https://buc-ees.com/about/
Wish it was on the way back to Austin from Wolfdancer instead of further on past Bastrop. The is a Southside Market there though that could be a BBQ stop after the round.

Wish it was on the way back to Austin from Wolfdancer instead of further on past Bastrop. The is a Southside Market there though that could be a BBQ stop after the round.
We have options. would be a shame to be within 15 minutes of a Buc-ees and not visit.

Us boys from the North have the Temple spot to stop at.
That's my stop when heading to DFW and usually on the way back home too.

Us boys from the North have the Temple spot to stop at.
I never pass that by. 35 between Austin and DFW is like crossing a desert and that Buc-ees the only oasis in between.

I never pass that by. 35 between Austin and DFW is like crossing a desert and that Buc-ees the only oasis in between.
There is a good golf course in Temple that I want to get back and play again. Plus I still owe @baylrballa a hat. I'm thinking we need to make this happen soon and can make a stop at Buc-ee's for some snacks for the round.

Can you get a Moon Pie and RC Cola at Buc-ees?

Back