Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

Sorry to thread jack, feel free to shame, boo, or throw things at me!

But to the Arizona brothers/sisters especially @oumagic . My wife and I will be in old town Scottsdale this weekend for a event, and were thinking of trying to squeeze in a Sunday afternoon round somewhere (2-3PM ish). Gainey Ranch GC told me they won't open up tee times for me (club corp) until 24 hours in advance, so my questions are:

1) Is anyone interested in joining us for easy going recreational round. (open to course suggestions but rather not uber too far)
2) Does anyone have spare clubs we could borrow :geek:. If we get on Gainey Ranch I know they'll have decent rental sets for us, but we weren't looking to lug our clubs for this trip as the golf is really an after thought.

Even if the golf doesn't happen I'd be down to meet someone for a beer or two Sunday afternoon!

But to the Arizona brothers/sisters especially @oumagic . My wife and I will be in old town Scottsdale this weekend for a event, and were thinking of trying to squeeze in a Sunday afternoon round somewhere (2-3PM ish). Gainey Ranch GC told me they won't open up tee times for me (club corp) until 24 hours in advance, so my questions are:

1) Is anyone interested in joining us for easy going recreational round. (open to course suggestions but rather not uber too far)
2) Does anyone have spare clubs we could borrow :geek:. If we get on Gainey Ranch I know they'll have decent rental sets for us, but we weren't looking to lug our clubs for this trip as the golf is really an after thought.

Even if the golf doesn't happen I'd be down to meet someone for a beer or two Sunday afternoon!
I have family in town and cannot play, but you are welcome to use my clubs if the logistics work out. I live pretty far from scottsdale…

I'd be up to play some golf if your Gainey Ranch falls through. I live relatively close to Gainey, so beers for certain. With late notice, we'd be limited to afternoon HEAT. I don't have a spare set up club though. there are tee time at my course that afternoon. It will be cheap, and they have rentals. Stonecreek.

Other good options would be to play Lookout Mountain or the Phoenician. I've never played the latter, I here the fairways are TIGHT.

I'd be up to play some golf if your Gainey Ranch falls through. I live relatively close to Gainey, so beers for certain. With late notice, we'd be limited to afternoon HEAT. I don't have a spare set up club though. there are tee time at my course that afternoon. It will be cheap, and they have rentals. Stonecreek.

Other good options would be to play Lookout Mountain or the Phoenician. I've never played the latter, I here the fairways are TIGHT.

Reminder: You need to check the courses first - this is aeration season. For example, Phoenecian just punched and pretty much a waste of $. Other courses are getting close and the fairways are dying off. Camelback was ok on Friday, TPC Stadium was great. Just call first.

Reminder: You need to check the courses first - this is aeration season. For example, Phoenecian just punched and pretty much a waste of $. Other courses are getting close and the fairways are dying off. Camelback was ok on Friday, TPC Stadium was great. Just call first.
good point, I didn't even think about that. October overseed season is "burned" in my memory, but green punching is not.

There's also a TopGolf in Scottsdale, sounds like that might be a decent alternative.

There's also a TopGolf in Scottsdale, sounds like that might be a decent alternative.
A big group of us went there one night when I was in Tempe for a few months. It was pretty cool with the Talking Stick resort being past the end of the net and seeing the building changing colors.

Yeah we are hitting up a top golf brunch Saturday, which may be our best bet for sneaking in some swings this weekend. But good reminders about the punching, My club already punched once this year and will probably punch again in about 2-3 weeks.

If I do wind up getting a tee time somewhere I'll shoot you a note @mtbloco and post it up here. Otherwise i'm excited for the weekend, its been a while since i've been to PHX.

Yeah we are hitting up a top golf brunch Saturday, which may be our best bet for sneaking in some swings this weekend. But good reminders about the punching, My club already punched once this year and will probably punch again in about 2-3 weeks.

If I do wind up getting a tee time somewhere I'll shoot you a note @mtbloco and post it up here. Otherwise i'm excited for the weekend, its been a while since i've been to PHX.
MIne punched about a month ago and still aren't fully recovered. This month of overcast cool rainy days with out much heat and sunshine didn't let them grow much. Once we finally get some sunshine it should be good to go. I heard yesterday that the Austin Airport had 12.5 inches of rain making it the third wettest May recorded. Hopefully Mother Nature leaves a little for August and early September so the courses here are in great shape.

3 months out…. Time to start grinding on the game

Based on the AZ thread ya’ll been grinding on the game for awhile now.
Play all year but have to still prep for big events!!!!

o.jpg

1624590825378.jpeg

Pretty sure I've got it covered..........🤷‍♂️

84 days until Team AZ comes to Texas to open a can of whoop ass. Just sayin'

I’m coming for you Texas.

07140194-F798-4B47-A718-2971EBE3C5AA.jpeg

Back