Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

Sign me up for the golf and bbq. I look forward to playing in TX.

Yes, Lakeside is off of 290 I believe, aprox halfway to Horseshoe bay. It's the only Barton course I haven't played yet.

Austin has some really solid course options... really beautiful places and great restaurant / bar scene as well

This is the course that is separate from the other Barton Creek courses and hotel. It's still private correct? Fun course. I actually prefer Lakeside and Foothills to the Crenshaw/Canyons courses
Yeah its off 71 out by pedernales. If they are staying at a house in either Lakeway or LBJ then this would be convenient. It is Club Corp, but less trafficked and I bet we could get something going out there.

A perfect two club event would be Lakeside and Falconhead

I will not be attending for the AZ crew but just wanted to ask.....Is there an alternate shot round in the Ryder Cup style play?

I will not be attending for the AZ crew but just wanted to ask.....Is there an alternate shot round in the Ryder Cup style play?
Yes there is

Yes there is

Might not be as some courses won't allow due to pace of play. Also might want to consider that you will only play half the course....for that much travel might not want to.

A perfect two club event would be Lakeside and Falconhead
Agree. They would both be affordable, great logistically, and really great examples of Austin area courses.

Team Texas.... First, is San Antonio not any good? The La Cantera Resort seems nice, but that looks to be about it?
Second, I’m waiting on my adoption papers/approval to be a Texan. I did spend about a third of my life there and wish I were back lol.

Might not be as some courses won't allow due to pace of play. Also might want to consider that you will only play half the course....for that much travel might not want to.
I think for competition, things like singles and four ball would be the best. Give everyone a chance to play the entire course and enjoy it

Team Texas.... First, is San Antonio not any good? The La Cantera Resort seems nice, but that looks to be about it?
Second, I’m waiting on my adoption papers/approval to be a Texan. I did spend about a third of my life there and wish I were back lol.
There's several fun courses, but not the same selection as Austin.
La Cantera
TPC San Antonio
The Quarry
Hyatt Hill country

Of course...
There's several fun courses, but not the same selection as Austin.
La Cantera
TPC San Antonio
The Quarry
Hyatt Hill country
And if in San Antonio I'd recommend these, even Canyon Springs. However, the drive for Dallas participants would be 5 hours as opposed to 2.5/3, probably the same distance for Houston travelers. With that said, I think it's logical to host the event in the Austin area.

Of course...

And if in San Antonio I'd recommend these, even Canyon Springs. However, the drive for Dallas participants would be 5 hours as opposed to 2.5/3, probably the same distance for Houston travelers. With that said, I think it's logical to host the event in the Austin area.
That makes sense lol

A format that worked for us at an early event (all match play w handicaps)

1 pt for winning teams and individuals. .5 pts for ties

9 holes 2 man best ball
9 holes 2 man scramble
9 holes individual
9 holes individual (alternate partner)

thoughts?

9 holes 2 man best ball
9 holes 2 man scramble
9 holes individual

thoughts?
Looks good but I'll throw in thinking about changing the scramble to a shamble format if we want to get crazy!

9 holes 2 man best ball
9 holes 2 man scramble
9 holes individual

thoughts?

I like it, only thing for me is if we are heading out there, would like to play 54 holes. Im ok with 36 hole format and maybe one round of goofing around. I know I do want to play one day with @stevie-a so he can continue kicking my ass in virtual golf (PGA 2k21) and real golf.

I like it, only thing for me is if we are heading out there, would like to play 54 holes. Im ok with 36 hole format and maybe one round of goofing around. I know I do want to play one day with @stevie-a so he can continue kicking my ass in virtual golf (PGA 2k21) and real golf.
Count on it...and we can always find a course for extra rounds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks good but I'll throw in thinking about changing the scramble to a shamble format if we want to get crazy!
I agree. I am not flying to TX to caddie for a better golfer in a scramble 😏

I like shamble over scramble, and I like having 36 of competition and extra "practice" rounds

I’m also in for 54 holes. Want to play as many courses as I can.

I’m also in for 54 holes. Want to play as many courses as I can.

I really like the travel Wed. evening, play Thrus, Fri, Sat. travel Sunday proposal.

Back