Arnold Palmer, the Beverage

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In honor of the Arnold Palmer Invitational, I wanted to see who else enjoys the drink?

I've been making my own during the warmer months the last few years. My best mix consists of 2 parts freshly brewed Alabama Sweet Tea, 1 part freshly squeezed homemade lemonade, and depending on my mood, maybe some spiced rum or vodka. So good and so amazing! The keys are the freshly brewed tea and the fresh homemade lemonade, as well as shaking it to mix, not just stirring it. I've never made lemonade before trying it last summer, and now I can't drink the store brand. I usually make a gallon of tea, and about 1/2 a gallon of lemonade at a time. Put some ice, tea, lemonade and the optional (for some not optional) rum or vodka into a shaker, give it a good shake, and enjoy!

Its my goto drink on course, either with or without alcohol of some kind.

It's one of my favorites. Either in the bottle or homemade.

Last edited:
I am not a big tea fan in general. So I would have to pass on the arnold palmer. The espn commercial about it was pretty good though awhile back.

love it.

Love it, but there is no alcohol in an Arnold Palmer. That, is a good ol John Daly.
I'm going to be thinking that the next time I add alcohol to my Arnold Palmer, and as I shake it becomes a John Daly. Made me laugh, thanks!

I drink it quite often.

I'm going to be thinking that the next time I add alcohol to my Arnold Palmer, and as I shake it becomes a John Daly. Made me laugh, thanks!
Oh I was being serious haha. That's what I always thought it became. It's like a Shirley temple... if you add alcohol, it's a different drink.

Google "arnold palmer with alcohol". One of the first things that pops up is "john daly recipe" :)

Love an Arnold Palmer. Hate it in the can! Tastes cheap and chemically!

Not a tea fan so I'm not a huge fan of the AP. It is better than straight tea!

Oh I was being serious haha. That's what I always thought it became. It's like a Shirley temple... if you add alcohol, it's a different drink.

Google "arnold palmer with alcohol". One of the first things that pops up is "john daly recipe" :)
I guess we learn something new every day.

One of my favorite beverages. Chick-fil-A makes a really good one in both the regular and the diet varieties.

Big fan of the Monster Rehab variety of this.

Gave up drinking regular coke and Diet Coke but love Arnold Palmers leaded or unleaded!

Love a good AP, really doesn't need any alcohol to be refreshing.

Since I gave up drinking soda's a few years ago, it's my go to drink at places that offer it. Mostly at Chick Fil A, In N Out, or Cane's.

Love AP but it's off my list because of tea's high oxalate content and its contribution to kidney stones. But I have to have glass of lemonade daily because of its role in preventing stones.

An Arnold Palmer is my go to drink at Chick-fil-A. Love them.

However, I always go with unsweetened tea. Anyone else do this?

I am a southerner so the canned and bottled versions do not even begin to cut it. I'm down with a homemade AP anytime though.

Back