Arthritis and Grip Size, Type, Material?

I could then finger baseball grip with the jumbo max grips . But I need to relax grip more as well. I still want to to kill it over 300 before all this arthritis. But settle for
225 nowadays at 45.

One of the guys I play with has crippling arthritis, his fingers are curled inwards which really makes gripping the club difficult. He switched to the oversize Winn Dritac LTs last year and loves them.

Ok, I have had Carpal Tunnel Release on both wrists and I have arthritis in both hands/thumbs/wrists. I have moved to graphite shafts for irons - and that seems to have helped, I never considered larger grips, but when I was discussing this with the PXG rep after I told him I was between regular and midsize, he suggested - dare I say strongly, that I move to midsize grips. So I'll be trying them out.

For those with arthritic hands/wrists - what do you do, have you tried midsize grips or more wraps - what works?
I went to midsize grips on my last set and it helped, I don't feel like I have to Choke the crap out of the grip BUT I just had a Jumbo grip with 1 wrap installed on my driver. I wanted the Bryson grip but they didn't have any in stock. I had my best day with the driver in 2 years and it was my 2nd time out. Sure its only round but I will now contemplate going larger on my whole set just don't want to replace all the Arccos grips since I replaced all the sensors last year.

Last edited:
I went to midsize grips on my last set and I just had a Jumbo grip with 1 wrap installed on my driver. I wanted the Bryson grip but they didn't have any in stock. I had my best day with the driver in 2 years and it was my 2nd time out. Sure its only round but I will now contemplate going larger on my whole set just don't want to replace all the Arccos grips since I replaced all the sensors last year.
Sound great. It was my understanding, from long ago that the larger the grip the less wristy the swing. Maybe that's the case for you?

I had a set of clubs and the driver had an under size grip and from there they got slightly larger through the wedges which were likely jumbo.

All in an effort to reduce wrist movement as we went though the club from distance to accuracy.

I could then finger baseball grip with the jumbo max grips . But I need to relax grip more as well. I still want to to kill it over 300 before all this arthritis. But settle for
225 nowadays at 45.
I wonder if that's not part of my issue, gripping too strongly, I'll find out when I hit the range later this week.

One of the guys I play with has crippling arthritis, his fingers are curled inwards which really makes gripping the club difficult. He switched to the oversize Winn Dritac LTs last year and loves them.
Those crossed my mind while deciding what grips for my irons.

Lamkin Sonar midsize!!!! Thank me later

Back