Artisan Golf Company

Guessing Mr Taylor is not a hinge and hold kinda guy haha

He’s more of a most amateurs don’t need to be attempting full swing flop shots at every opportunity cause they saw him perfecting it over the weekend.

Purdy - tell us about the grinds and why. Please educate us when you have a moment. Thx.

Purdy - tell us about the grinds and why. Please educate us when you have a moment. Thx.
50 pretty standard square sole, no grinds since it's used mainly for full shots
55 they call a SB grind or versatile sandwedge - lower bounce and bevel on the leading edge
59 they call a DS grind, lower bounce as well, sits lower and not as wide a sole compared to the Vokey's I had before. This all allows for more clearance underneath.

Also if you can see what looks to be water marks on the 59 and 55. Asked about it and Mike said that's where he had to add some weight back into the head. If he grinds the sole and it needs weight added back, he adds it back into the head and not by using a tip plug up in the shaft itself.

55 they call a SB grind or versatile sandwedge - lower bounce and bevel on the leading edge
59 they call a DS grind, lower bounce as well, sits lower and not as wide a sole compared to the Vokey's I had before. This all allows for more clearance underneath.

Also if you can see what looks to be water marks on the 59 and 55. Asked about it and Mike said that's where he had to add some weight back into the head. If he grinds the sole and it needs weight added back, he adds it back into the head and not by using a tip plug up in the shaft itself.
Seeing those really justifies the pricing. Those are gorgeous!

Thanks, Nate.

I assume he made those for DFW or Texas conditions?

It looks like a raw finish?

Did he say anything about the COG or what type of forged steel?

Thx.

Thanks, Nate.

I assume he made those for DFW or Texas conditions?

It looks like a raw finish?

Did he say anything about the COG or what type of forged steel?

Thx.

Definitely for Texas play since I play 95% of my rounds here.

All I know is it’s low carbon steel. Didn’t ask more. Raw finish.

Those look fantastic. Love the color / finish. :love: I hope you enjoy them for a long time, Nate!

Round 1 in the books and they felt wonderful. Forgot how crisp they felt esp. on the full shots. Think the guys at Artisan nailed it for me.

*jealousy intensifies*

Only a matter of time for both of us...

oh man. maybe a two-for-the-price-of-two deal??? haha

and i could bring your wine. hmmmmmm

oh man. maybe a two-for-the-price-of-two deal??? haha

and i could bring your wine. hmmmmmm

He'd probably say, "I'll do you a favor and won't charge you two knuckleheads more than usual."

@Nate

Any updates and comments on the wedge, fit and astonishing things you can now do with a wedge that you could not do previously?

Oh, my appointment is in mid-June. They are almost filled up until then.

@Nate

Any updates and comments on the wedge, fit and astonishing things you can now do with a wedge that you could not do previously?

Oh, my appointment is in mid-June. They are almost filled up until then.
Hey Des, 3 rounds plus a 2 day scramble tournament so far with 'em. I like. First time w/ 'em was at Sky Creek Ranch, #2 first full wedge and knock it to 8 feet for the birdie. Ha-Ha. SOLD! Great feel and control so far. Haven't spent much time chipping with 'em but have noticed on the 30-50 yard shots really good contact through the ball. Wedge face gives some really good feedback which I didn't remember being so good. Bunker shots with the 59 degree come out really well. Getting ready to put the Recoil wedge proto's in 'em. Love the look of 'em at address and the head feels weighted just right for me.

Awesome you are going for the fitting. Not surprised the wait is that long. The $200 in worth it IMO and who knows, maybe you'll walk out of there w/ a wedge order too!

Last edited:
Hey Des, 3 rounds plus a 2 day scramble tournament so far with 'em. I like. First time w/ 'em was at Sky Creek Ranch, #2 first full wedge and knock it to 8 feet for the birdie. Ha-Ha. SOLD! Great feel and control so far. Haven't spent much time chipping with 'em but have noticed on the 30-50 yard shots really good contact through the ball. Wedge face gives some really good feedback which I didn't remember being so good. Bunker shots with the 59 degree come out really well. Getting ready to put the Recoil wedge proto's in 'em. Love the look of 'em at address and the head feels weighted just right for me.

Awesome you are going for the fitting. Not surprised the wait is that long. The $200 in worth it IMO and who knows, maybe you'll walk out of there w/ a wedge order too!

Thanks, Nate.

I assume you can hit all of your shots without getting snagged. Crisper, better contact.

If I'm going there, I'll probably walk out with a wedge order because my reading indicates they know what they are doing. It's about if I know what I am doing with a wedge. Typically, it's the better part of my game. Hard to tell now because of my swing revamping. But my short game range game is decent - I like a versatile wedge. Need to get some course time. By June, all should be sorted out.

Hope they like Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 125 shafts - as those are my favorites-feel, spin, heft.

Thanks, Nate.

If I'm going there, I'll probably walk out with a wedge order because my reading indicates they know what they are doing. It's about if I know what I am doing with a wedge. Typically, it's the better part of my game. Hard to tell now because of my swing revamping. But my short game range game is decent - I like a versatile wedge. Need to get some course time. By June, all should be sorted out.

Hope they like Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 125 shafts - as those are my favorites-feel, spin, heft.
Look forward in hearing how it goes!

So am I. :cool: In about 3 months.
I had to set a reminder in my calendar so I wouldn't forget! Then being in December I started watching the weather forecast about 10 days out keeping my fingers crossed.

Really really enjoying these wedges. Enough so that guys I’ve been playing with have taken notice and are asking questions. Super glad I ended up going this route! Again shout out to @Pringles for pushing me to get over there.

Hmm, having played a few rounds with you over the years your wedge game was always on point and these wedges have improved it? :oops:

With these being a raw finish, how's the patina? When you get a chance please post some pictures.

Back