JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Gloves in golf are pretty utilitarian. They serve a purpose and for the most part do so with very little in the way of design. Most sport the logo of your favorite company and there are certainly options that offer more function than others, but generally speaking there is little thought of from the aesthetics side of things.

Asher Golf is not a new name, but yet one that might have slipped passed you. The brand was born with the idea that golfers cared about how they look on the course. Nice shorts or pants, polo shirt, clean shoes and then that bland dried out crusty glove just wouldn’t cut it.

Continue reading...

Those look really nice. I do not wear the loud colors but some of the subdued models look like an upgrade without being flashy. Starting at about ten bucks is not bad at all.

Man. At the price points I’m definitely interested, I’ve never been afraid of a little flash on the course!

I’m willing to give them a shot. At 1/3 the cost of my normal glove, If it lasts 1/3 the time it’s a win. Pretty flashy options.

Funny this thread popped up. I just got the plain black glove. Have not had the chance to use it yet, but for $9, it was worth a shot.

Just checked out their website and they definitely have an impressive variety of color choices that should suit anybody. Seemingly very solid gloves. Will definitely be interested as the reviews start coming in.

I love the look of the grey options, and the black death grip is fun. I may have to try one.

I have used some previously, I think I still have one in the bag, the colors and options are fun, they were quite durable for me and were also soft and performed well

• Admin
I love the look of the grey options, and the black death grip is fun. I may have to try one.

I used the Alta 2.0 today and never took it off. It also matched my outfit. :)

Never been a fan of flashy coloured gloves personally, but one thing that I can't help but mention is the comment about 'gloves run true to size'....true to size to what?

My reason for this, is depending on what manufacturer makes the glove, the sizing has been completely different - I have worn everything from a small to medium-large depending on the manufacturer so I couldn't say what size I would want if I was to try them, without actually trying them on first to find out what size I need
Also, one particular glove changed in size when they changed the design slightly but kept the same name, so I feel there is no standard (a bit like a lot of things in golf I guess)

Never been a fan of flashy coloured gloves personally, but one thing that I can't help but mention is the comment about 'gloves run true to size'....true to size to what?

My reason for this, is depending on what manufacturer makes the glove, the sizing has been completely different - I have worn everything from a small to medium-large depending on the manufacturer so I couldn't say what size I would want if I was to try them, without actually trying them on first to find out what size I need
Also, one particular glove changed in size when they changed the design slightly but kept the same name, so I feel there is no standard (a bit like a lot of things in golf I guess)

I have found a bit differently as of late. FJ, Callaway, Cobra, etc have all been similar sizes. Especially in finger length.
So when I mentioned in the article true to size, it would be in relation to those.

I have found a bit differently as of late. FJ, Callaway, Cobra, etc have all been similar sizes. Especially in finger length.
So when I mentioned in the article true to size, it would be in relation to those.
Cheers JB

It may be that things have changed, I was just reflecting on something I had seen in the past - not a knock on the review, just a personal observation based on my past experience with a particular glove from one manufacturer

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I think the Asher in the nimbus color would match my grey Jordan spikes :cool:

Just checked out their website. Glad to see the offer a Junior Chuck Collection with plenty of color options.

I’ve seen some of their stuff in local course pro shops. I may have to give the glove a try.

The Chuck line comes in orange? I don’t need to look any further for my next glove!

I’ve seen some of their stuff in local course pro shops. I may have to give the glove a try.

They are based out by you in Park City I believe.

They are based out by you in Park City I believe.

That makes sense then why I’ve seen them for a while. I think I remember seeing other things like golf bags or hats as well.

Nice price starting point. I like the bones one.

I've been pondering Asher for a couple years now and the Alta has always appealed to me. I guess I just keep waiting for a sale to make the jump. :LOL: I do appreciate that they do different and cool well.

Being a GFore fan, they've always been the alternative that has caught my interest.

Anyone have any comparisons?

Love the first and feel of the Asher premium. ONLY downside is the dye bleeds a little especially when it’s hot out which it is almost all the time in the south. That being said...Kirkland brand is very good for WAY less. I really do like the Asher glove and it’s one of the best feeling and fitting gloves I’ve ever worn considering titleist mizuno Asher under Armour Kirkland brands.

Back