ASICS GEL-Course ACE Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in 2019 a partnership between Srixon and ASICS was announced and their first line of golf shoes in the US came out in December of that year. Those shoes gained almost cult like status on the THP Forum for their comfort and durability. The new ASICS GEL-Course ACE golf shoes look to double down on that, and early impressions are they might even be better.

1B-1024x692.jpg

“The Srixon/ASICS partnership has been tremendous for both our brands,” said Mike Powell, President of Sales and Marketing at Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO. “ASICS is a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the progression since the last generation. I am a fan of these shoes.

• Admin
I like the progression since the last generation. I am a fan of these shoes.

I know, like me you were a fan of the previous line. This line picks right up where the comfort left off and they are tremendous. Worn them daily so far and will continue to.

I actually like the look of the white and silver ones a lot

I like the look of this version quite a bit more than the previous so that’s great to see. The price point is pretty good also, especially if they are that comfortable. I'll have to look for these in the store in the future.

I know, like me you were a fan of the previous line. This line picks right up where the comfort left off and they are tremendous. Worn them daily so far and will continue to.
I just ordered the black/Gray ones. I use the boa’s when I use a cart and spike less when I walk. I walked a ton this last year with no foot issues.

I think the shape is great, and the colors are good. I like the blue, white, green colorway more than the other 2, but none are bad.

Not sure on the white/blue colour combination as I don't think I would have anything to match them with, but the white/silver combo looks nice

I just ordered the black/Gray ones. I use the boa’s when I use a cart and spike less when I walk. I walked a ton this last year with no foot issues.

I have that pair and the white and blue and both are going to serve me well I have a feeling.

Not sure on the white/blue colour combination as I don't think I would have anything to match them with, but the white/silver combo looks nice
Yeah. That’s the pair I’m eyeing for sure.

I've never had a pair of Asics golf shoes before but these look stylish and comfortable!

I really like the added waterproof element in these. The Boa’s are great in wet weather the previous generation wasn’t so great. Looking forward to these.

Love this shoe. Wish it had a Boa lace but great spikeless sole. I assume they use their neutral running shoe last to build the shoe on. It fits a ton of runners so should be great here.
Such a win/win for Srixon-Ascis. 90% of the components of the shoe are probably straight from the run line so not costly to build. I’ll be wearing these.

I like the look of this version quite a bit more than the previous so that’s great to see. The price point is pretty good also, especially if they are that comfortable. I'll have to look for these in the store in the future.

agree. these look really good to me.

Really like the white/Silver/yellow! Big fan of ASICS sneakers but have never bought their golf shoes. I think it’s about time!

Does not look like a golf shoe. They look good .

I prefer spikes but sometimes a spike less shoe comes in handy.

Yep.... Those are going to be the gamers this year. Love Asics overall and the "Fits like a glove" plus waterproof are much needed - even really like the colors. - I may consider getting two pairs. Thanks @JB for the great review!

Reactions: JB
Really like the these shoes.
Great review I am ordering a pair today.

I had the previous BOA version in the cart sooooo many times but never pulled the trigger. These look good! Especially the white and silver.

These sure look like a running shoe. Despite that, I’m anxious to try them. I’ve been running with only Asics for the past 15 yrs. They have exceptional feel, and comfort when pounding the pavement.

Does anyone know if the sizes in these are similar to their running shoes/regular sneakers?

I really liked last year's version, but passed since the color I liked was only in the non-boa version and was not waterproof. They are supposed to be in stores today. I was heading to PGA Tour Superstore anyway to get my clubs regripped on a rainy day. Got my fingers crossed....

Does anyone know if the sizes in these are similar to their running shoes/regular sneakers?
Posted in that article above about fit.

So are all the Asics on the page that the link takes you to new? I like the looks of the Boas.

Back