ASK A TOUR PLAYER

21Gonzo

Video Stuff
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, Lex here!

Tomorrow I'll be talking to Georgia Hall & Carlota Ciganda, two LPGA players and members of the winning 2019 European Solheim Cup team!

We want to get YOUR gear/game questions for these ladies. You can leave them here :)

Team Solheim.jpegCarlota Solheim.jpgGeorgia Solheim.jpg

Paging @Sox_Fan !
I’d be wondering what part of the bag they’re least receptive to change. Thanks!

that's awesome! i'll put some thought into this and pop back in with some ?s

I never know what to ask in these things...beer or seltzer?

Very cool! Will see if I can come up with something and add it to this post.

What's the hardest part about being on the tour from a day to day basis? The travel? The pressure?

1) Highlight of your golf career?

2) When did you know you were “good enough” to be a pro?

3) Why Callaway?

4) Favorite tournament/course on tour?

5) How are you keeping your game sharp during quarantine?

witb?

What is the weakest part of your game that you constantly have to work on?

Do you ever go to local goat tracks to play in less than ideal conditions? If yes what do you shoot at your local goat track?

Thoughts on playing with no fans. Easier or harder or just different?

What is there practice to playing ratio?

-How much does THP influence their choice in equipment and do they change putters as much as many of those on here do?

-Have they played with JRod or Scotty G?

reception of lpga vs pga? tournaments growing? atmosphere on tour?
how to get aspiring women interested in golf?
how is banter and competition amongst players? friends that golf, rivals, overall good nature / good mix of battling?
what is staff treatment like from OEMS (dedicated reps, all oems)? dedicated to gathering lpga pros input?
favorite tournament? favorite shot?
what ball are you playing?
favorite new tech out or planned release looking forward to?

Lex what’s up!?

Love this idea. I have a question. During a typical tournament round, out of the 18 greens, how many times are you aiming for the center of the green vs at the pin?

Fantastic!!

What is your favourite club in the bag right now?

I am insanely jealous! You could say that I am an enormous fan (favorite pro, man or women) of this lady...

IMG_20200119_182624_642.jpg

(Picture taken at the Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions in January 2020)

Also really like Ciganda and her style of play. The LPGA is easily my favorite Tour to watch and follow.

A few questions:

1. The LPGA has always been know as extremely fan friendly with player interactions with fans, willingness to sign autographs and take pictures, etc. When fans are permitted back into tournaments, how much do the ladies thinks that part of the LPGA experience will be diminished?

2. At the tournament I attended in January, Georgia was still playing the EPIC Flash driver instead of the MAVRIK (she was using a MAVRIK staff bag which looked really good). Was that because she achieved better results with the EF?

3. For Carlota, what kind of training have you done to be one of the longer hitters on the LPGA Tour and have you always played pretty fearlessly (my perception from watching her numerous times)?

4. Where does the 2019 Solheim Cup rank in your greatest achievements and best experiences in the game?

Did you focus on anything in particular after finding out you were on the Solheim Cup team?

Looking forward to this one, Lex!

Did you "stumble" into golf or was it in your blood from a youth?

Thank you everyone for your questions! A lot were answered/brought up naturally, so I'm looking forward to you all hearing what they had to say. We'll post the pod later today.

Back