Ask Me Anything about THP

I know you are joking but I'd actually be totally down for this. :D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I actually thought the same thing as I was typing that. A night glow ball event would be a blast.

Nothing says bad for business about taking THpers that would normally click multiple pages and sending them elsewhere to get their news :ROFLMAO:
Fair enough. I’ll just keep hiding my productivity issues from customers. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: JB
You had an excuse, it was dark.

I tried using that. I still got scolded. In all honesty, that night was so much fun seeing those glow balls go flying all over the course.

@JB has there been any thought of doing a night glow ball event so @Canadan can run around with glow sticks raving to EDM music?

View attachment 9062979

Not really. We did do an event one year in Orlando with TaylorMade and it had a lighted par 3 for the evening festivities.

So, regarding experiences.

I realize nothing lasts forever, but there are a few that have been around for a while.

The MC was held at the same venue 2 years in a row...have you considered this for any of the other experiences? As in keeping them at the same course each year?

Obviously not talking about the GD. something more intimate like shaft ups or the Budget experience from last year.

Yes. I consider it a lot.
The biggest factor though is this is also a chance for people (both THPers and those with companies) to experience new courses.

Had an experience site ever been chosen based on golf history? Or the various golf Meccas? Not meaning THP golf history, rather say pebble beach or pinehurst, as examples.

Sure I guess. Going back to True Blue and Caledonia was done for that reason.
I know this sounds crazy, but the experiences are a small part of what we do and while on the surface, especially as they get announced, they are massive to the golfer, they are only a fraction of this website and online community as a whole.

That is very gracious and generous of you, I appreciate that so much. This will be my first year playing though so I have a lot to learn first before I could participate. I will keep this in mind for the future though!

Thanks again.

Hopefully, we will be having a Capital District get together this season. And it will likely be in Saratoga County. You are most welcome to join us. Just so you know the names so you can recognize them on the forum (ddec, O'Carroll, your fellow Ballston Lake resident Reframellator, NE Homer and myself). There may be others but those are the ones that I know of in the Capital District.

Do you worry about people getting picked randomly and then showing up to hurt an event? If the answer is, “yes you worry me”, a no comment will suffice 🥺

When an event idea does fall through, what is usually the root cause? Timing, location issues, OEM rep availability, other?

Ever think of doing a live show when picking people for events? I know it's a time thing but imagine how cool that would be. I think it would be the highest viewed thp video ever.
I'd tune in :ROFLMAO:

Do you worry about people getting picked randomly and then showing up to hurt an event? If the answer is, “yes you worry me”, a no comment will suffice 🥺

The honest answer is I used to. Then you realize that there is no way to do it any other way. If you don't do it randomly and it backfires, its on you, and I am not sure I could live that down. The flip side is life changes, lives change and people change. We had a person so set on being miserable that while at the Grandaddy, they were telling someone it wasn't that good of a time and the course was overrated. That person was going to be unhappy no matter what was taking place, and frankly there is not much I can do about that.

We will try really hard to please everybody and will never stop trying to do that. With that said, we are also realists enough to know its not possible, and for every person like the above (there has only been 1) you get the person like @ToddJ027b who pulls me aside at a THP Experience and says something to the effect of I thought this would be just a weekend of golf and some new clubs. I didnt expect how amazing it actually is. That will make you keep striving for more.

Hope that answers your question.

For the website articles -

I try to rate all of them when I read them. I have had a couple of instances where I fat fingered and rated it 1 when I meant to rate it a 5. I haven't been able to find a way to correct this.

How much of an impact does that have on the writer, and does it impact THP as far as the sponsors go?

When an event idea does fall through, what is usually the root cause? Timing, location issues, OEM rep availability, other?

Cost or course availability

@JB Ever think of doing a live show when picking people for events? I know it's a time thing but imagine how cool that would be. I think it would be the highest viewed thp video ever.

We have. Even had LPGA people in hte live stream picking them who had no idea who any of these forum people were.
Still got accused of it being fixed. For that I say its not worth my time or energy. If anybody can look at the list of names selected last year and think its fixed, they are looking for it to be, rather than dealing with ******* reality.

We have. Even had LPGA people in hte live stream picking them who had no idea who any of these forum people were.
Still got accused of it being fixed. For that I say its not worth my time or energy. If anybody can look at the list of names selected last year and think its fixed, they are looking for it to be, rather than dealing with ******* reality.
Sorry but looking at the names of people picked how could anyone think it's "fixed" or "staged" in any way. Just a bitter person that wasn't picked.

Thanks for answering 👊

But 1st quarter in 2022, we are up from even where we were before.
But as someone that has read just about every post on THP
After the first quote, I was going to ask if you still read every post here, but you answered that.

So, what are the some of the craziest popular search terms over the years?

Sorry but looking at the names of people picked how could anyone think it's "fixed" or "staged" in any way. Just a bitter person that wasn't picked.

Thanks for answering 👊
Some weirdo with the name @RealPretendPsychic got picked after being on the forum for less than 2 months. If someone is fixing the selections they should be fired 😆

On an unrelated note, how cool was this?!

@JB Thanks for answering. I definitely don’t think anything is “fixed.” I know personally after I was picked for my first event, I was a little worried that I would be paired with a crazy, axe murderer or something and my wife was more worried than I was when I told her I was entering an event. You are dealing with random people on the internet after all.

I have my own theories as to why we get so many good people in the forum, and as a result, into events. My first teammate at an experience was great and if he had an axe, he never got it out. @MagicSpell

Back