At home $13 Covid rapid test for those who are interested.

This is the one work is using. We have to test once a week if vaccinated and every day if not. Actually getting push back from some co workers. Don’t take it, don’t come to work pretty simple. ;)
We have a few in the house for school purpose. If one of my kids is exposed in their class, then all siblings have to stay home unless they test negative. It's annoying.

Around here the rapid test is free "with some insurance" but the 3-5 day test is free without insurance.
My wife went in this last Sunday afternoon to the local "urgent care" place and got the rapid test that took 5 hours to get results online.
Only a 10 minute wait to get the brain scratching test.
Thankfully she was negative.

Here in Minneapolis two days ago it wasn’t easy to find someone who could do a test same day or find a rapid test anywhere without paying out of pocket. My wife has a coworker Who is immune compromised and can’t get the vaccine so she needs to be careful not to expose her coworker. That and the fact that my daughter Had to show a negative test or stay home from school for 10 days if she is exposed is the main reason I want these rapid home tests on hand.

As far as the test being free, don’t kid yourself, because someone is paying for it with their tax bill or through private insurance subsidizing the rest of the people. If you’re working you and your employer are paying 1.8% of your wages in Medicare tax every year even though many seniors think that is also “free”.

Off topic rant:
And even if you are working, health insurance costs have gone up or will go up for you soon. When I started working for a large company in 1998 my maximum out of pocket expenses including deductibles was about $1500 per year and now with that same company it’s $4500. The out of pocket costs are similar for our current insurance through my wife’s company that has 340,000 employees on their group insurance.

Last edited:
All the stores around here have been sold out of the Binax Now for weeks. I see my local Walmart has them back in stock.

Thanks for the info - I'll grab a few to have around just in case.

I've taken the Binex before, they work pretty well. We actually are able to get the Binex free from work now, if needed. Luckily I haven't had the need, but never know when that will change.

Back