Atchafalaya at Idlewide

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9 am tee time in the morning. Anyone played it. What to expect. Must be a fairly tuff track. My 14.3 gets me 17 strokes on handicap calculator. Will give it a go.

It’s one of the very few courses in Louisiana worth going out your way for. I’ve heard the bunker conditions have been bad in the past couple of months but overall it should be a great day. I’ve played it a few dozen times and I have only seen a handful of other people out there. The restaurant, practice area & staff are all top notch.

It still blows my mind someone thought it was a good idea to build a brand new golf course there. Its built into the Atchafalaya Basin which I think is the largest swamp/wetlands in North America (aka middle of nowhere). If you play the right tees I think it’s a pretty fair course with a few tricked up holes.

It’s one of the very few courses in Louisiana worth going out your way for. I’ve heard the bunker conditions have been bad in the past couple of months but overall it should be a great day. I’ve played it a few dozen times and I have only seen a handful of other people out there. The restaurant, practice area & staff are all top notch.

It still blows my mind someone thought it was a good idea to build a brand new golf course there. Its built into the Atchafalaya Basin which I think is the largest swamp/wetlands in North America (aka middle of nowhere). If you play the right tees I think it’s a pretty fair course with a few tricked up holes.
I was sicker than a dog the night before didn’t end up playing it yet. In the area for a while yet. Plan to work it in.

It has been a couple years since I played there. Was down in Amelia on assignment and we played it numerous times. Good track but conditioning left a lot to be desired. Back then, greens were decent, bunkers were not and growing around the bunkers and in some places in the rough there were weeds 4 to 6 inches high. Terribly rough around the edges but really enjoyed the layout.

Back