Attempted theft on golf course - watch your valuables!

My brother said they had a bunch of parking lot break-ins during a single day at Whisper Rock in Scottsdale not long ago. Apparently, the thieves stole a whole lot of cash, watches and other valuable stuff.

If they open carry, do they actually carry it on their hip while playing? Packing thunder while on the green? :oops: Or is their gun in the bag? I mean in this instance if it was in the bag, they're screwed. :unsure:
They both carry in the back of their belt (as to not disrupt the swing, I would imagine), but yes they're armed during the entire round. Again, I've never understood it but, whatever. Different strokes for different folks. 🤷‍♂️

Times are hard I guess.
No, it's just that they know nothing will happen to them.
California has that stupid law where anything stolen with a value under $1000 is just a misdemeanor or won’t even get prosecuted. So people can steal all day everyday as long as every theft is under a grand.
Yep, that was buried in Prop 47 that the voters passed. You can steal from a business and as long as it's under the dollar limit it's just a"promise to appear" ( like a traffic ticket). Additionally, Prop47 reduced sentences so only violent criminals remained in prison.

Don't worry, it gets better.

Prop 57 (Safe schools act) made possession of stolen property a promise to appear. So if the guy is caught in your home, felony. If he's outside with your stuff when the cops arrive (even if the cord to your big screen isn't) promise to appear.

Violent crimes 85% of the sentence time in prison. Non-violent only 50%. Legislature thought it still wasn't "fair" that so many people were going to prison for a long time so Prop 57 also changed some crimes such as domestic violence, child abuse, assault with a deadly weapon, rape ( if victim is drugged), even exploding a device with the intent to kill or maim, among others to non-violent.

But wait, there's more.

The legislature thinks it's not fair that so many people are going to prison for robbing a person. So, under their latest brilliant idea, a thug can use force (anything other than a firearm) during the robbery and it will be theft from a person. Resulting in you guessed it, only a promise to appear if caught.

Thankfully, I don't think that this latest brilliant idea has hit the governor's desk.... Yet.

Last edited:
They both carry in the back of their belt (as to not disrupt the swing, I would imagine), but yes they're armed during the entire round. Again, I've never understood it ...
Better to have <fill in the blank> and not need it, than need it and not have it ;)

I have a conceal carry permit here in VA but I have never really thought of carrying it on the course. It's always in my truck though. But if someone is going to try & steal my clubs, maybe I should start ;)

Wow never thought someone would take the whole cart. ingenious really, and clever, but a sad testament of what our society has become.

I have a conceal carry permit here in VA but I have never really thought of carrying it on the course. It's always in my truck though. But if someone is going to try & steal my clubs, maybe I should start ;)

that might be a bad idea. you might start shooting your clubs or ball after a bad shot.

that might be a bad idea. you might start shooting your clubs or ball after a bad shot.
Nah I don't think that would go over well with the staff at the club. They may frown upon that. But the bullet holes in the greens would just look like pitch marks :ROFLMAO: "Remember to repair your pitch mark & one other."

They both carry in the back of their belt (as to not disrupt the swing, I would imagine), but yes they're armed during the entire round. Again, I've never understood it but, whatever. Different strokes for different folks.

My buddy and I on the course had a guy with a knife try to rob us. Too bad for him, we were both active members of the NYPD and we drew down on him (Freddy’s gun was on the shelf of the cart covered with a towel, mine was quickly retrieved from my bag while Fred held him at gunpoint).

It was in the Bronx, so these things can be expected.

Back