Votes: 58 63.0%
  • My health won't allow

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Time off from work won't allow

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • Significant other won't allow

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
Time, money, kids. My wife is very supportive of my addiction to golf and THP. The green light is there almost all the time. Kids functions have caused me to miss an event or two in the past, but for the most part, it's the cost. Taking a substantial pay cut a few years ago has really limited our spending.
Then there is the time. I used to not worry about taking off from work, as I have always had vacation time available. But, for some reason, I seem to be running short this year. Taking to many days here and there I guess.

Money, money, money!

I had to give 2 answers. From essentially memorial day to Labor Day, the only thing stopping me would be a budget. If it's closer, that isn't a concern, but once flying gets involved, it just gets tougher. That, and my golf budget exploded this year....which it also exploded last year....maybe I just need to redo my golf budget and set a higher limit.

From Labor Day to Memorial Day, its all about the wife, because she is a teacher. I can make closer events, but its hard to burden her during those months. That said, for the right event, she would let me. For instance, I have gotten the go ahead for the WS Proto event, should I get in. But that is also within driving distance.

Time off from work is rarely an issue. I'm salary and a revenue generator. If I generate the revenue, boss doesn't care what time I take off. To my knowledge, my health is fine.

~Rock

Mines definitely time and money. The events are amazingly priced I must say but as a recent college grad starting a new job and now moving (again), it just hasn't been in the cards. I certainly would love to attend as they are clearly an amazing time!

For me it's purely budget. While I can afford an entry fee without any real hassle that's just the tip of the iceberg. Add in the cost of airfare/hotel and now you've at least doubled your expense. That's why I'm so excited to see local events in Chicago! Outside of that it would either have to be like #TheGrandaddy and expense paid, line up with a work trip, or be one heck of a special event.

Three teenagers just suck my wallet dry LOL

I can't see the pole on TT. so I'll have to answer it later.

But I wanted to add this.

JB was speaking to a small group of us in KC this weekend. the subject of airfares to an upcoming event came up.

JB said he knows it's not cheap to travel to these events for THP'ers. he realizes the plane costs, car rental and gas if you're driving a distance then the hotels and meals outside the events and extra rounds all add up to a pretty penny to attend.

Trust me he appreciates every single person that attends.

I'm sure that is one of the reason he only looks for the best venue and meals possible when planning the events. to make it worth the cost and time.

That said, what limits me most is wanting to spend the majority of my vacation time with Michelle and she isn't into any of the couple type events.

I have done two this year and hope to add one more in 2015.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Time and money. My location makes basically any event expensive and then combined with the weak Canadian dollar my money is all but worthless down there.

I've been able to do 1 event/year and although I'd like to do more I consider myself fortunate so far.

THP events are truly special, I have been to two invitationals so far and I loved it. I will try to make it to a bigger event next year, but right now funds are tight. Of course I will try for the #Graddady but I am not kidding myself, a lot of people are aiming for this one too

For me it's purely budget. While I can afford an entry fee without any real hassle that's just the tip of the iceberg. Add in the cost of airfare/hotel and now you've at least doubled your expense. That's why I'm so excited to see local events in Chicago! Outside of that it would either have to be like #TheGrandaddy and expense paid, line up with a work trip, or be one heck of a special event.

Three teenagers just suck my wallet dry LOL

I think the local events draw so many more because of the economic factor. If THP could plan events around some of the "major" local events, I bet it would be a huge hit. Not unlike the Ga/Fla "Gethering". Travel would not be an issue because the ones attending would already have committed to the local.

I suppose it's hard enough for those wanting to get into the calendar events where this would not need to be considered.

I voted significant other won't allow. Technically, she'd allow me to but she has health issues that keeps me from traveling too far from her. I've went to the UST Event because it was in Texas and will continue to try for all future Texas events, but I don't expect to travel to an event out of state unless I can convince the wife to come along. It's just hard for her to justify coming along when she has no interest in golf and wouldn't be spending time with me if I'm at an event or golfing all day.

For myself, it's mainly come down to timing with work and other commitments. For the KC event that just happened, I missed the sign-ups due to work and noticed the large wait-list and thought there was no way I'd get in so I made plans to play in a tournament here in Lincoln. Then when a spot opened up for the KC event I was already committed to playing in another event.

And while my job is relatively relaxed during the summer, some of the events just happen at the times when I'm the busiest during the summer and can't take off work.

Money is #1 for me
Time away from home is #1A

Also for me, my wife's line of work really doesn't allow her to take any vacation during the school year, so events where we would love to travel to (Bstone Championship and Love is in the air) just aren't in the cards

I hear that one loud and clear. Same deal for me and the wife. It suuuuuucks!

I voted budget and significant other, but could be another option of the dates just don't work. Life happens, I have had to miss out on several events that were within driving distance this year because of anniversaries, weddings, etc. As far as budget...while the THP events are priced fantastic, its does become expensive to travel to play golf for just 18 holes. The wife doesn't give me too hard of a time in most cases, but bringing her and the kids with me to Disney this year might help with that in the future.

I think the local events draw so many more because of the economic factor. If THP could plan events around some of the "major" local events, I bet it would be a huge hit. Not unlike the Ga/Fla "Gethering". Travel would not be an issue because the ones attending would already have committed to the local.

I suppose it's hard enough for those wanting to get into the calendar events where this would not need to be considered.

Every time an event is in a local place (to the people there) this is what it is.
Invitationals are this very thing. We had 60 in Pittsburgh.

We know money is tight for many, that is why we purchased a tour van and travel. To bring the events to the people. One could easily change the topic of the poll to "Why dont you have a mansion" or "Why dont you fly around the world". Money and time will always be the biggest deterents.

For that we offer both single day events, multiple day events and even weekend and during the week events.
For the money side, we offer the all expenses paid Grandaddy of em all. That has ZERO expenses to it.

When we first started we were told they needed to be outside of just FL. So we bought a Tour Van
Then we needed to do something grander and multiple day. So we added more events.
Then we needed to include clubs. So we created the Morgan Cup
Then we needed to go West of Texas. So we added Vegas and 4 events in California

We know and it pains us that THP Events are not capable for every single person on the website. Instead, the goal was to bring them to hometowns all across the country. Travel nearly every single week of the year to bring them close by.

And then to give people more bang for their buck than they can get anywhere by including equipment, tours of HQs, meeting people from the industry, getting fit and so much more.

I voted time off work mainly. In the military and it is hard for me to plan anything too far in advance.
And I have been gone 8 months out of the last year so that makes it near impossible.
Really looking forward to Disney though. I really HOPE nothing comes up that makes me cancel.

For me it's more of not wanting to take advantage of my wife & leaving her with the kids for multiple "golf weekends" a year. I love THP events, but it usually means a 3day trip and while I have the green light to sign up for whatever events I want, I chose to be careful and try and spread them out to be considerate bc we all know if momma ain't happy, no one is happy.

This sums it up for me. Period.

I can't see the pole on TT. so I'll have to answer it later.

But I wanted to add this.

JB was speaking to a small group of us in KC this weekend. the subject of airfares to an upcoming event came up.

JB said he knows it's not cheap to travel to these events for THP'ers. he realizes the plane costs, car rental and gas if you're driving a distance then the hotels and meals outside the events and extra rounds all add up to a pretty penny to attend.

Trust me he appreciates every single person that attends.

I'm sure that is one of the reason he only looks for the best venue and meals possible when planning the events. to make it worth the cost and time.

That said, what limits me most is wanting to spend the majority of my vacation time with Michelle and she isn't into any of the couple type events.

I have done two this year and hope to add one more in 2015.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

From an international member, the cost of the event itself is never an issue for me, it is the other travel costs that make it prohibitive

I picked a random week in August and a direct flight to Orlando would cost almost $1,500. It could be done slightly cheaper if I was prepared to make stopovers but it is a long enough flight as it is without stopping as well

THP is a buisness and to make it fair, I would think something has to be in it for them to make local getherings. Some sort of entry fee that is not enough to take folks out of the event, but something substantial enough to make it worth THP's time to put it's stamp on the event itself..

Every time an event is in a local place (to the people there) this is what it is.
Invitationals are this very thing. We had 60 in Pittsburgh.

We know money is tight for many, that is why we purchased a tour van and travel. To bring the events to the people. One could easily change the topic of the poll to "Why dont you have a mansion" or "Why dont you fly around the world". Money and time will always be the biggest deterents.

For that we offer both single day events, multiple day events and even weekend and during the week events.
For the money side, we offer the all expenses paid Grandaddy of em all. That has ZERO expenses to it.

When we first started we were told they needed to be outside of just FL. So we bought a Tour Van
Then we needed to do something grander and multiple day. So we added more events.
Then we needed to include clubs. So we created the Morgan Cup
Then we needed to go West of Texas. So we added Vegas and 4 events in California

We know and it pains us that THP Events are not capable for every single person on the website. Instead, the goal was to bring them to hometowns all across the country. Travel nearly every single week of the year to bring them close by.

And then to give people more bang for their buck than they can get anywhere by including equipment, tours of HQs, meeting people from the industry, getting fit and so much more.

and you guys are doing a heck of a job! there is something for everyone and we (I) thank you for that.

THP is a buisness and to make it fair, I would think something has to be in it for them to make local getherings. Some sort of entry fee that is not enough to take folks out of the event, but something substantial enough to make it worth THP's time to put it's stamp on the event itself..

We dont make money on THP Events. Never the goal. In fact if you added up what was spent on the events and what was brought in, we are always in the red at the end of the year.

I face many of the same challenges others have listed. Another big factor for me is the wife's job. She has to put in vacation requests 9 months in advance. We don't have other childcare options available to us, so me attending can mean strings have to be pulled to massage her schedule to watch or pick up the kids (normally my responsibility). It is hard for me to ask her to do it and it's hard for her to make it happen. That's not to say it can't happen, but it's definitely a something that has to be factored in and something that definitely limits my ability to attend more events.

From an international member, the cost of the event itself is never an issue for me, it is the other travel costs that make it prohibitive

I picked a random week in August and a direct flight to Orlando would cost almost $1,500. It could be done slightly cheaper if I was prepared to make stopovers but it is a long enough flight as it is without stopping as well

I understand what you are saying, to a lesser extent I think but still.

I know this gets expensive, but it is worth every penny.

My personal opinion is that if you had the green light to attend multiple events we could find a way. I'm speaking only for myself here, but if I want new equipment, clothes, shoes, electronics, etc., I budget for it. Replace a few rounds with the range instead, bring my lunch to work instead of eating out everyday, etc..

My point is like anything in life, where there is a will, there is a way....THP events typically mean splitting a rental if flying in, splitting hotel with one or two other THP'ers, or driving if it's close enough. Trips can be done fairly inexpensive my with proper planning and a little creativity.

I voted significant other won't allow. Technically, she'd allow me to but she has health issues that keeps me from traveling too far from her. I've went to the UST Event because it was in Texas and will continue to try for all future Texas events, but I don't expect to travel to an event out of state unless I can convince the wife to come along. It's just hard for her to justify coming along when she has no interest in golf and wouldn't be spending time with me if I'm at an event or golfing all day.

Pretty much the the same for me. My wife's cancer and chemo treatments do not allow me to travel.

Back