Votes: 58 63.0%
  • My health won't allow

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Time off from work won't allow

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • Significant other won't allow

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
We have held an event in Texas I believe every single year since we started events.

Well I haven't been here long enough to know that. But duly noted.

ETA - I joined too late in 13 to get in on an event. Not sure what my deal was last year. I think you guys did the Adams deal, right?

I am not sure why you feel the need to change anything. Seems like all the events are well attended, 60 in Pittsburgh is great. I could see if a 40 person invitational only drew 25 or so, but that does not seem to be the case. You will never make everyone happy, but at the end of the day the amount of time, effort & costs it takes to organize these events has to make sense for you guys.

It's impossible to satisfy everyone's financial, vacation, and physical limitations but I will say that JB and Morgan do a jam up job on making sure they are spread out and at least accessible to most areas. Let's face it, when looking for a course that has lodging on site or near by its most likely resort style which Mike does a great job negotiating good rates for us.

I really think the regional outings with your local guys is the next best thing, we do it in the Carolinas, Texas does it, Florida and othe areas do it as well, maybe we can get a little more creative with those .

Well I haven't been here long enough to know that. But duly noted.

ETA - I joined too late in 13 to get in on an event. Not sure what my deal was last year. I think you guys did the Adams deal, right?

Yep and Callaway the year before that

Limited yearly vacation time keeps me from trying to attend more events. Family first for me so that is where my vacation obligations go first. Any leftover time goes to trying to attend THP events.

I've only played one round on a weekend since my twins were born last year so a THP outing is certainly out if I can't even make it to the course in my back yard. I travel a good bit with work so I'll need a few things to change before I can make it out again. It would also help to have something closer than 6+ hours away. I do desperately miss it though. My favorite golf memories have involved the outings I've attended and the Morgan Cup.

I picked health which is an issue, but the first three all apply to me, and I hate it! Once health issues are fully addressed, then I hope! Insurance or not, my out of pocket cost for the past three years is more than many make in a year and it sucks.

Work schedule is my biggest barrier. It can change rapidly so I have to sometimes wait until after the sign up period to know if I'll be free. The wait list can be your friend though. I've made two THP events fairly close in to the date with my flexibility.

Did 3 events last year, and looks like 3 will be my max this year. Always budget a bit of cash for golf trips each year.

Mostly just time and money for me. My job is pretty flexible, I can set my own schedule and I have several weeks of vacation per year. With two little kids, budget for golf is usually not in the top 10 most important things we have to pay for monthly. I also feel bad about leaving for multiple weekends over and over with the kids at home, I'll have plenty of time when they're older.

Mostly just time and money for me. My job is pretty flexible, I can set my own schedule and I have several weeks of vacation per year. With two little kids, budget for golf is usually not in the top 10 most important things we have to pay for monthly. I also feel bad about leaving for multiple weekends over and over with the kids at home, I'll have plenty of time when they're older.
Do you have any golf trips planned this summer? We should totally take one.

Do you have any golf trips planned this summer? We should totally take one.
perhaps somewhere with awesome villas and two world class courses? Any chance you'll give me an entire set of clubs, bag, accessories, etc? That I would be all-in for

#PeriscopeRoadTrip

get that trending...

perhaps somewhere with awesome villas and two world class courses? Any chance you'll give me an entire set of clubs, bag, accessories, etc? That I would be all-in for

get that trending...
Anything for you.

My first event came last year at the Gauntlet, what a blast it was. As I was new to the forum at the time of attending I was not sure what to expect at all in terms of the tournament or interactions with fellow THPers. From meeting Blugold at the airport to saying my goodbyes at the airport with EaglevsFalcon and Blugold the whole trip was amazing a true eye opening experience. Full of smiles and lasting memories for many years to come. Upon looking to pre and post event theeads these all seem to blow eachother out of the water and step up from event to event and year to year. I am stoked to attend the Bridgestone Disney event, an area I have been wanting to play for many years and who does not like Disney thrown in?? yeah nobody. I am still in touch with teammates and competitors from the Gauntlet who I am glad to call a great friends, looking forward to adding some more come September. Have made some great friends off here, so glad to be in touch with such amazing people, to call you all friends. Cheers to JB,GG for all you do to make this such a wonderful place and hold outstanding events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post made me smile. It's what THP events are about and why I love them so much. It's hard to fully understand until you attend an event or two, and I would encourage anyone who hasn't to try hard to get to one.

It has been an interesting discussion which took some turns I'm sure the OP didn't intend nor foresee. Thank you JB and GG for allowing discussions like this, and for being so open to explanation. This doesn't happen anywhere else, and is just one example of what makes THP special. If I were with you right now I'd make a toast to you for your vision, planning and execution, not just of the events, but of your whole enterprise. It's been pretty damn flawless from what I've seen. Back to the events, I know change is coming, and, frankly it frightens me a little. But, then, change here has been synonymous with improve, enhance, and blow one's mind, so, I'll just prepare for the latter.

Question for everybody? What city would you most likely attend a THP event at?

Mine would be Savannah. Local, plenty of things to see, good food, and a fun all around place.

Any place, any time. (Not a news flash to many, I'm sure).

Also, my good buddy, I couldn't vote on your original question because there was no N/A or None of the Above boxes available. :act-up:

I picked health which is an issue, but the first three all apply to me, and I hate it! Once health issues are fully addressed, then I hope! Insurance or not, my out of pocket cost for the past three years is more than many make in a year and it sucks.

Looks like you and I are the only people with broken down bodies

Response to vman: you are a superman/hero to a bunch of us ??

See ya in Savannah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure that almost every vacation (or mini-vacation) OG and I have had in the past five years has been centered around a THP event. I'm so looking forward to the one in Savannah next month. It's been too long! Having two golf addicts in the family adds to the costs but my little zoo (6 animals) keeps me close to home too. It's such a pain to deal with getting them watched when we go anywhere together.

Im in the same boat as The Doctor. Getting to the US is expensive and if i came my family would have to as well because it would only happen once probably( unless im fortunate to somehow make it into The Grandaddy, then ill come alone:D).

Also the massive ocean does make driving a little difficult.

I haven't chimed in but health has kept me from entering any of this years team events, I would hate to pull out at the last minute on teammates. I have been to a lot of THP events but always Invitationals & the SeeMore event last year, I was never lucky enough to be picked for a team event while I was healthy. I will still enter Invitationals from here on out but I will not go to any team of sponsored events like last years SeeMore. I am spending my own money for the Invitationals but I would hate to waste THPs and our sponsors money and have to pull out.

Last edited:
Back