• Significant other won't allow

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
There are some folks who have the capability to attend seemly unlimited numbers of events. If you're not in this fortunate group, then what's ya problem?

How can you go about fixing this problem?

I know for me it's about funds going out in the wrong direction such as making my doctor's country club payments and keeping my vehicles running smooth..

The fix: I plan on having all my health issues fixed prior to 2016 so I can start the new year with a stronger body which will make the doctor have to pay for his golf out of someone else pocket.

Gawd I hope no more parts break on our vehicles this year although with them being old and tired like me, that's not gonna happen. :beat-up:

I'm in the same boat this year, OG. Medical bills, vet bills, car repairs, home repairs (we own a duplex, so double the fun!) and my youngest going into braces. I was able to get to 1 event this year and had to back out of another. 2016 can't come soon enough.

You can pick more than one option in the poll so if you have multiple reasons, pick em.

A new job and a health issue with my wife limit the time for traveling to events this year.

Money money money. The events themselves are reasonably priced. It is the travel/hotel costs that add up fast

Time and money buddy. If both were unlimited I would try to attend them all.

That said, the ones I do attend are always a blast!

I remember hanging with Ole Gray at my first 2 THP events. Needs to happen again in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP hosts events in all parts of the country. We do this to limit the travel costs for people and put the burden on us.
We obviously understand that some people are not able to travel to them, still due to cost.
For that we offer #TheGrandaddy which is all expenses paid.

Money money money. The events themselves are reasonably priced. It is the travel/hotel costs that add up fast

I agree as THP has made the events so reasonable, that entry cost alone should not be a factor.

For me it's more of not wanting to take advantage of my wife & leaving her with the kids for multiple "golf weekends" a year. I love THP events, but it usually means a 3day trip and while I have the green light to sign up for whatever events I want, I chose to be careful and try and spread them out to be considerate bc we all know if momma ain't happy, no one is happy.

funds are always tight, but i can make it work. and it's not that my wife won't allow it, but i feel bad enough asking for a hall pass to play golf on a saturday, let alone leaving for a whole weekend + cost!

I voted 'Funds don't allow' which technically is true, as living in the UK means I have to factor in a significant cost for flights just to get to an event transporting both myself and my clubs

Finances are going to be tight for the next couple of years whilst we try to save for the wedding along with paying off the shortfall loan I had to take out when I sold my house for a loss, so I can't see myself making it over there for a while yet (this is excluding if I was fortunate enough to be picked for TheGrandaddy, be it this year or next)

It is still a longer term dream that I am able to make it one day though

Time and money buddy. If both were unlimited I would try to attend them all.

That said, the ones I do attend are always a blast!

I would be trying out for every single one of them.. My problem now is I'm afraid I might win entry and not have the means to participate. Or some fricking body part will not cooperate.

I remember hanging with Ole Gray at my first 2 THP events. Needs to happen again in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope we can hook up again good buddy!

I barely have time to play 9 holes let alone attend an event. New job/ young boy at home.. Right now golf is really not fitting well in anywhere. Contemplated quitting a few times but I decided to just work on my golf swing this year instead of playing

would be honored to play one a few when things get ironed out. Want to meet blu and gold and learn about haney/ and see what you guys are in person. Either we are full of crap or we really are who we are

will be. A hoot

Also for me, my wife's line of work really doesn't allow her to take any vacation during the school year, so events where we would love to travel to (Bstone Championship and Love is in the air) just aren't in the cards

For me it is funds too. When you factor in flights hotel etc it just gets to be too expensive for me. Once I get a little more settled in my career I imagine it will be more feasible so for now I will stick to local events and gatherings. Not much compare to the grand THP events like the championship last year though

Between budget and work/school schedule, it just hasn't been in the cards yet.

Graduation is next spring, hoping sometime after that to finally make it to my first.

Same, time and money. I've got no vacation days now since I started a new job recently and ended up using what I had on a small family vacation, on top of a ton of family ish. If something is within driving distance it helps a ton. Hate that I couldn't make ones like the Cure event work due to the job.

I voted for the significant other. Not because she puts the hammer down, or anything like that. But part of my relationship with her and as a father, I do not leave them more than I have to. She gives me at least one golf trip a year and makes exceptions for special events that come later. Cost is a factor, but for me and my family, it's the time away that's the deal breaker.

Time and money. My location makes basically any event expensive and then combined with the weak Canadian dollar my money is all but worthless down there.

I've been able to do 1 event/year and although I'd like to do more I consider myself fortunate so far.

I voted for the significant other. Not because she puts the hammer down, or anything like that. But part of my relationship with her and as a father, I do not leave them more than I have to. She gives me at least one golf trip a year and makes exceptions for special events that come later. Cost is a factor, but for me and my family, it's the time away that's the deal breaker.

I like your style Joseph

I voted "Significant other won't allow"

However, it's not that she won't allow. I just feel guilty leaving her with 2 little kids for a long weekend while I am having fun all weekend. Plus I travel a bunch so it's extra guilt on my part when I'm out of town and then turn around to go play golf all weekend. She never says no, but I don't want to abuse her kindness.

I think we could add two more items to the poll:

I'm scared of internet people

I'm scared my golf game will embarrass me

The past couple of years, I have been very fortunate with the events I was able to attend/be selected for. The stars aligned and the time off was allowed. This year was totally different and getting the time off has been difficult from a conflict perspective with work functions. The value is definitely there, so cost is not a factor and the family is and has been very accommodating to me. So, for me its time off. Like many have stated, I would go to every one of them if I could be selected and get the time off. Nothing else like it in my opinion.

JM

Back