Attention to my AZ (or others willing to travel). Fundraiser for fallen officer at Torreon Golf Club (6/6/2020)

robrandalgz

2023 Budget Championship #CanyonCowboys
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My company is sponsoring a team for The Darrin Reed Foundation. He was a local police officer that was killed in the line of duty a couple of ears ago here. The event will be held at Torreon Golf Club. I know that this course is on he hot list of a bunch of my fellow AZ THP contingent.

The event is on 6/6/2020. Here's the deal: My company is willing to cover the cost of a two man team ($250.00). I told my boss that I could probably come up with a fourseome and we (collectively) would cover the cost of the remaining $250.00 between us. Only other requirement is that we have to wear polos with our company's logo (they will cover the cost, I just need sizes). So, there it is. Get out of the June heat in the valley, play a phenomenal course, wear a company shirt, pay $62.50 (you'll never sniff this course for that price without an industry comp).

Damn!

Great offer & way to Back the Blue. Without knowing our daughters basketball schedule for the summer have to pass.

I would love to, but we have a family vacation planned 6/6-6/17. I will get up north to play with you sometime this summer!

Great offer & way to Back the Blue. Without knowing our daughters basketball schedule for the summer have to pass.
I'm glad that that didn't go unnoticed, brother. It's cool to play a high end course for a dirt cheap price but helping contributing to something in the name of a fallen officer is an honor in itself. The proceeds are actually going to a scholarship in the officer's honor. His son was/is heavily involved in band (which I think is where the scholarship is going).

Supporting a Fallen Officer and High School Band? I'm off the fence. Count me IN.

Supporting a Fallen Officer and High School Band? I'm off the fence. Count me IN.
You're in. Two more for our foursome, fellas!

@Roadrunner just firmed. He's in! One more to go boys!

@Wildcat4life just firmed. There's our foursome, boys!!! Text or PM me your shirt sizes, guys.

Aye chihuahua! Two gorgeous courses, charity benefitting a noble cause for a fallen officer... this filled up FAST! Have a great time playing y'all!:D

This is not the AZ golf that I've played so far....

Can't wait to get up to the cool Pines this summer!
Yeah, mountain golf and desert golf are two different animals, brother. Work on that driver. You'll be playing at about 6500 feet. ??????all day long, brother.

One thing I like about the Tower Course as opposed to the cabin course is the elevation changes. There are a couple of really cool tee shots on that course. The cool thing is they start you off with one on #1. (y)

Last edited:
Yeah, mountain golf and desert golf are two different animals, brother. Work on that driver. You'll be playing at about 6500 feet. ??????all day long, brother.

One thing I like about the Tower Course as opposed to the cabin course is the elevation changes. There are a couple of really cool tee shots on that course. The cool thing is they start you off with one on #1. (y)
I got the sweats looking at that tee shot on #1. Can you say tree tunnel!

the driver started to come around. I hope it’s still there on Sunday!

I'm glad that that didn't go unnoticed, brother. It's cool to play a high end course for a dirt cheap price but helping contributing to something in the name of a fallen officer is an honor in itself. The proceeds are actually going to a scholarship in the officer's honor. His son was/is heavily involved in band (which I think is where the scholarship is going).
Very well understood & appreciated. Have family & friends that are LEO & our community lost a deputy here a couple of years ago.

@Wildcat4life just firmed. There's our foursome, boys!!! Text or PM me your shirt sizes, guys.

Thank you so much for the opportunity. I've always wanted to play this course (for sure a top 5 course in AZ from what I've heard) and support Law Enforcement. So Grateful. ????

I got the sweats looking at that tee shot on #1. Can you say tree tunnel!

the driver started to come around. I hope it’s still there on Sunday!
:ROFLMAO: It's not as intimidating as it looks. It's a gorgeous hole to start the round. The intimidating part is that it's right next to the clubhouse and practice greens so, there's always guys standing within peeking distance to watch you tee off. You don't necessarily need to hit driver on that hole (a lot of people hit driver THROUGH the dogleg on that hole and then you're f*cked). A solid long iron or 5W will put you in good position. A lot of guys try to cut that corner on the right and 9 out of ten times it ends in disaster. Either the bunker eats your lunch our you cut off too much and it ends up in the **** among the trees.

One more thing, work on your bunker game....................a lot.

One more thing, work on your bunker game....................a lot.
Is taking three shots to get out of the bunker considered a game? Asking for a friend...

What other courses would you recommend up there? I might want to stay a little longer and maybe get a VBRO.

What other courses would you recommend up there? I might want to stay a little longer and maybe get a VBRO.
Silver Creek is a decent layout. It's a Gary Panks design (his first ever). Panks also designed Poston Butte (where we're playing on Sunday). My home course is right across the highway from Torreon. Billy Mayfair assited in the re-design a few years ago. Tight as hell on 11 holes but they ususally have the greens rolling pretty damned true and fast (stimp out at between 11 and 12 usually). The only other public course up here is Pinetop Lakes. It's an executive course (Par 63) but it's ways in immaculate shape and a fun course that will test every club in the bag. (y)

I missed out ☹

Back