Augusta National Course Changes

Wonder what they are doing..hopefully it is removing some trees and widening it back to how it was originally intended.

15 getting loooong

11 getting a little more curve.

They did buy that land to lengthen 15...So that was always a given that it would be lengthened. Changes to 11 are interesting.

They did buy that land to lengthen 15...So that was always a given that it would be lengthened. Changes to 11 are interesting.
What land to lengthen 15? 15 isn't on the border of the property. Do you mean 13?

Changes to 11 and 15?

I want to say I read something a while back when they started that 11, 15 and 17 were getting the brunt of the changes, and 15 was going to lose some of the trees on the left. I think 11 is getting trees down the gap on the right.

I don't know but part of that looks like one of the holes on a course local to me. There's a lot of erosion there... and a hill. And sand. Lots and lots of sand.

I wish they would have left it the way it was back in 1997. The roars are awesome on the back nine on Sunday.

No idea what they're doing but I think I trust the AN gang to do a great job.

JuSt MaKe ThE cOuRsE lOnGeR.

Thanks, I hate it.

Too much waste area. Needs more grass. :p

I'm not sure I know what they are doing other than lengthening the holes. If there will be more of a bend on 11(?), that might be interesting. Could be drainage upgrades?

It’d probably suck if you were a member and wanted to play
Course is closed from May until October or November. I'd play as-is in those pictures though.

What land to lengthen 15? 15 isn't on the border of the property. Do you mean 13?
Yea, My bad. They bought property from Augusta CC to lengthen 13...

That’s wild that they have the money to just rip things out, change it, and have it looking pristine by April.

That’s wild that they have the money to just rip things out, change it, and have it looking pristine by April.
It'll probably be good to go by October.

I'm sure they are trying to toughen it up as much as possible by adding length, hazards, etc.

Back