Austin/San Antonio and Surrounding Area Thread

Oof, I still have nightmares from my one round at wolfdancer.
Yeah it’s a difficult course for sure. There are a couple of really deceptive greens.

Think we need to get something down on the calendar. Mid June?

Mid June should work for me.

Let’s go boys....when we doing this? Talking to @mikeg_74 this evening & we are ready. Even just a 1 day in & out thing would be cool! End of June perhaps?

Let’s go boys....when we doing this? Talking to @mikeg_74 this evening & we are ready. Even just a 1 day in & out thing would be cool! End of June perhaps?

1591590586779.gif

I'll be busy moving the weekend of the 19-21st but could probably do the weekend after.

Anymore thoughts about trying to put a round or 2 together for next weekend or maybe in July? I'd be happy to have people out to Berry Creek or meet somewhere else. Some guys I golf with did a weekend stay and play for like 8 of them at Vaalar Creek in Blanco and said it was a great deal and a lot of fun.

Anymore thoughts about trying to put a round or 2 together for next weekend or maybe in July? I'd be happy to have people out to Berry Creek or meet somewhere else. Some guys I golf with did a weekend stay and play for like 8 of them at Vaalar Creek in Blanco and said it was a great deal and a lot of fun.
That course in Blanco looks pretty nice.

I would love to join in if there is room for one more.

Let's pick a date and maybe look into the Blanco deal? @Raiderboost - you want to get the details on the course and lodging? I'm pretty open in July. How about you @badolds?

@Nate
@mikeg_74
How are your schedules in July?

Stay & Play Packages
Tuscany Heights Condominiums are located right next to our 10th tee, across the creek from the 9th green. These are luxury custom-built condos conveniently located near the golf shop and community swimming pool. Tucked away amongst the live oaks and along a creek, it's the perfect get-away to enjoy a peaceful weekend or a week-long family vacation.
A minimum of 2-nights is required and a 10% discount is available on stays of 4 nights or longer. Stay & Play groups must have 2 or more guests.
PACKAGE OPTIONS FOR 2020
PAR LEVEL $175.00 per person per night----This includes the price of the condo, up to 2 rounds of golf for each night stayed and range balls
BIRDIE LEVEL $200.00 per person per night----This includes the price of the condo, up to 2 rounds of golf for each night stayed, range balls, plus breakfast and lunch each day
EAGLE LEVEL $225.00 per person per night----This includes the price of the condo, up to 2 rounds of golf for each night stayed, range balls, breakfast and lunch for each night stayed, plus a 6-pack of beer and a premium cigar for each night stayed (guests must be of legal age for this package)
We will assign the condo(s) to your group based upon availability and the number of players in your group.
We have 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom condos. Each condo has a fully furunished kitchen with plates, silverware, and cooking utensils. Other amenities include: Direct TV service, free wifi, and use of the community swimming pool. To reserve a condo please contact the golf shop at (830) 833-0706 or fill out the form on the right.
Our 2-Bedroom / 1-Bath Condos:
  • Unit #104: One King Bed, One Queen Bed
  • Unit #204: One Queen Bed, Two Twin Beds
  • Unit #102: One Queen Bed, Two Twin Beds
Our 3-Bedroom / 2-Bath Condos:
  • Unit #103: One King Bed, One Queen Bed, Two Twin Beds
  • Unit #201: One Queen bed in the master suite, Two Twin beds in each of the other rooms
  • Unit #203: One Queen bed in the master suite, Two Twin beds in each of the other rooms
Our 3-Bedroom / 2-Bath Penthouse Condos:
  • Unit #302: One King Bed, One Queen Bed, and one King Bed in the penthouse loft
  • Unit #304: One King Bed, One Queen Bed, and one King Bed in the penthouse loft
Our 4-bedroom / 3-Bath Penthouse Condo:
  • Unit #301: This unit is furnished with 8 twin beds for the ultimate stay with a bigger group of friends

Let's pick a date and maybe look into the Blanco deal? @Raiderboost - you want to get the details on the course and lodging? I'm pretty open in July. How about you @badolds?

@Nate
@mikeg_74
My schedule is wide open. You guys pick a date that works and I will be there.

@Nate
@mikeg_74
Uggg, I'm out more than likely, booked 11/12th and then out of town 18th & 25th. But would love to get down there again.

Uggg, I'm out more than likely, booked 11/12th and then out of town 18th & 25th. But would love to get down there again.
We could always shoot for August or September to give people a little more time to plan with schedules and just try to maybe do a day trip round sooner. At this point I don't believe we have any tournaments at my course until late September so I'm probably free most any.

I guess if people want to post which weekends they are good or aren't good for and we can try to figure one with the best availability. It may also depend on what the course has available.

We could always shoot for August or September to give people a little more time to plan with schedules and just try to maybe do a day trip round sooner. At this point I don't believe we have any tournaments at my course until late September so I'm probably free most any.

I guess if people want to post which weekends they are good or aren't good for and we can try to figure one with the best availability. It may also depend on what the course has available.
I’m pretty flexible. So you travelers (@Nate) throw out some ideas. Would be cool to get two foursomes.

Austin area for me. Usually, play Forest Creek since it is close to my house but I'll play anywhere I can really.

Late August or early September works best for me, but if you guys get a majority don’t let me hold it up

Vaalar Creek is hot garbage. Not for lack of challenge. But the few times I had played there it was very poorly maintained. A ton of overgrowth as well.
How long since you have played it? I had some guys I play with that did this trip a couple weeks ago and said it was a great time and the course was good.

Austin area for me. Usually, play Forest Creek since it is close to my house but I'll play anywhere I can really.
I played Forest Creek for the first time back in January and it was awesome. They did a great job after working on the course. Another member that travels around and plays a lot said a month or two ago that it's probably the best course around Austin right now in terms of course condition and value.

Vaalar Creek is hot garbage. Not for lack of challenge. But the few times I had played there it was very poorly maintained. A ton of overgrowth as well.

Thats called natural Texas second cut :cool:

I'm always up for a round in and around the San Antonio/Austin area. My schedule is usually garbage though

Late August or early September works best for me, but if you guys get a majority don’t let me hold it up
I'm afraid I'm in the same boat now. June was my "free" month so to speak. But you boys get it going this summer and I'll join ya for a fall round!

How long since you have played it? I had some guys I play with that did this trip a couple weeks ago and said it was a great time and the course was good.
It's been about 2.5 years now. It was always a good time, but when I was staying in SA, I was always hoping for a better experience after making the drive.

Back