Auto Racing Thread

We've made some preliminary plans to make it out to miami for the race next year. Should be a good time either way
Similar feel. But there are a couple longer straights which should help with overtakes hopefully.

Same. Have family in the Ft. Lauderdale area so we've been talking about trying to make it work
Sounds like we may need to find a group package. THP goes racing!

Sounds like we may need to find a group package. THP goes racing!
Love that idea. Golf in the morning, racing in the afternoon. Love it

I’m trying to decide between Austin and Miami to attend a F1 race next year. Austin was a lock until the Miami announcement.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of the Miami race announcement. The digital preview looks a lot like Monaco in the sense that there is no space to go off track. Coins make for some interesting racing.

That looks another non discript boring modern layout to me. When I think of the great circuits that have been canned for tracks like this, well, it’s frankly depressing.

Love that idea. Golf in the morning, racing in the afternoon. Love it
Go kart racing in the morning, F1 in the afternoon. Golf the following day.

Go kart racing in the morning, F1 in the afternoon. Golf the following day.

Don't forget NASCAR @ Talladega on Sunday :)

2pm ET on FOX

Don't forget NASCAR @ Talladega on Sunday :)

2pm ET on FOX
We were talking about the Miami F1 race, but I planned my Sunday around watching the Talladega race. I have to rebuild my LO206 kart motor, so I’ll be flipping over the head and such to the new short block. Should make for an enjoyable day if all goes well.

What a shame the ban on tobacco advertising doesn’t allow them to use the Marlboro colours as a one off, the second best livery after the Lotus JPS.

Well that kills some excitement.
I really enjoyed the two passes that happened before the pit stop. The first was the Haas teammates exchanging 19th place in the low speed carrousel. The second was my daughter handing me the syrup while we were watching during breakfast.

Monaco is always a tough scene.

At least a little excitement this year with Leclerc and Bottas bad luck.

Monaco is always a tough scene.

At least a little excitement this year with Leclerc and Bottas bad luck.
I'm happy to see merc struggle.

But got to think leclerc/Verstappen battling at the front might have been good.

I’m going to have to watch NASCAR at COTA today to get my passing fix.

Monaco needs to be rebranded as the world's most expensive parade.

I heard an idea floated that they should make the race a mandatory 3-stop.

Yes, it's contrived but it couldn't hurt the 78 lap procession it currently is.

Monaco needs to be rebranded as the world's most expensive parade.
You are spot on. But if it was me, I would substitute “pretentious” for “expensive”. That trophy case was something.

Traveling all day. Got home and flipped on Monaco to hopefully watch my dude Leclerc win his home race only to find out he wasn't even going to race. What a bummer. Still always fun to take in Monaco.

At least Chase came through and won COTA so it wasn't a total waste on the racing front today.

I heard an idea floated that they should make the race a mandatory 3-stop.

Yes, it's contrived but it couldn't hurt the 78 lap procession it currently is.
I think the issue is that the cars are so advanced and the track is so narrow that there are no significant passing opportunities. Even the commentators were talking about how futile DRS was at that track.

In contrast, this was from the NASCAR case today:

Back